Anybody breeding spacey/pencil bud autos in the pnw?

Reaction score
Hello! This my first post on here! I've been growing for a year or two now and I was wondering if anybody else In the pnw has thought to breed Strains like Ed Rosenthal's Dr.Grinspoon with autos? The small buds are suppose to be pretty good at keeping from mold and mildew. I'm currently restricted to inside right now so it's super hard to grow enough plants to choose the perfect Pheno from.
So I have a couple questions really if anybody has any info
1. Is it okay to breed in solo cups? Like will the pollen and seeds be able to mature in just a small amount of dirt? I've grown them for fun but never in breeding
2. Is anybody else working on an auto grinspoon or something with exceptionally skinny nugs?
4. Are there any other heirloom or hybrid strains I should know about that might have similar structure but faster flowering times to dr grinspoon?
3. Would anybody like to help?
4. Is there any strains bred specifically for growing in the Pacific Northwest?

Sorry if there's anything wrong with my post please be kind I've just signed up on here and my only breeding experience is spraying a couple autos with colloidal silver and throwing it around my grow closet for some seeds. Most of which are gone now. I'm very open to any tips or comments or whatever! This is going to be a long process and I haven't even started yet but this is the start right here.

Dr. Grinspoon seems to be one of a kind. People haven't made any autos with it, perhaps because it is fem. only if I'm not mistaken. The structure seems to be reminiscent of OG's, like Tahoe OG or the original OG kush. Sativa structure, indica flower.

I agre, from what I've seen Dr. grinspoon is the only commercially available of its kind. I'm also a young buck tho, and was wondering if any of the old heads had some hidden knowledge on genetics. As for the og strains I honestly wouldn't know as I'm pretty new to all of this and I've never worked personally with any og strains in my garden! Thanks for the reply ! @Castle Grown

There seems to be plenty of strains bred for the pnw climate. I am here, having seen phenos of offspring with the same parents will have different resistance to cold and wet. Selection and breeding for this takes years, patience and ability. On the site, LA Buena Hierba shows this tenacity. Located in N. Europe, it's even harder there than here to finish in time and not seccumb to the elements. His new website has good choices for outdoor, having been bred there. I just ordered some and it shipped pretty quickly. Ace seeds has a few good photoperiod selections. Good luck!

Stringy enough for you? :bighug:
155218511013877164301.jpg

I crossed some land race type Sativa to an auto only bred to first generation of it auto flowering, I tested some in a grow to see how they did. They still need refining but the smoke was good, lots of phenos. Will finish them up some day.

The fem pollen donor i selected came from a line of coincidentally sativa heavy selections...

Back