Autoflower pearly bud (dr. grinspoon) pheno

I was just scoping through the LBH HQ thread.
@SOOTDAWG had an HSO Auto Cheese (or Cheese Kush? something cheesy...) grow.
It's in a video there he posted.
The buds looked an awful lot like these ones here.
In the vid he mentioned the ruderalis genetics, coz it's an auto,
but maybe it's some recessive Cheese genetics?
These are exactly what I am looking for in an auto to cross with the ABC. so nice to find more examples.
In the thread where you posted this, there is a mention of ruderalis genes causing the bud formation, but I see it also in hazes, like you mentioned.
There are three versions of auto cheese in that thread that show these buds, one from rqs, one HSO, and one from dinafem. photo cheeses have also shown this trait, so there might be something in the cheese auto more than just rudi genes giving this expression..

Last edited:
Although of course your cheese was truly the most amazing auto I've ever seen, @Mañ'O'Green , it was a bit too extreme to be a stealth pheno. maybe crossed with ABC it would have a slightly more discreet expression. I don't know what to make of it. definitely a dry ice kief plant..
I wish I found your thread earlier, so I could get the chance to plead and beg you to reverse it with sts. It would be so great to continue that line. And recatch the pheno and try to stabilize/isolate it.
Don't know what caused your freak pheno, though. I am quite sure it is recessive. How much is genotype, though, and how much is from external factors? You said it was a bit finicky, could the feeding initiate it, or do you think the red spectrum you mentioned have something to do with it?
_dsc3089-jpg.1213457

Last edited:
Although of course your cheese was truly the most amazing auto I've ever seen, @Mañ'O'Green , it was a bit too extreme to be a stealth pheno. maybe crossed with ABC it would have a slightly more discreet expression. I don't know what to make of it. definitely a dry ice kief plant..
I wish I found your thread earlier, so I could get the chance to plead and beg you to reverse it with sts. It would be so great to continue that line. And recatch the pheno and try to stabilize/isolate it.
Don't know what caused your freak pheno, though. I am quite sure it is recessive. How much is genotype, though, and how much is from external factors? You said it was a bit finicky, could the feeding initiate it, or do you think the red spectrum you mentioned have something to do with it?
_dsc3089-jpg.1213457
Look at the other 5 plants in the grow that all had exactly the same inputs including nutrients. The growth of this plant is genetic all of the way. By the time I knew what was going on there would be no chance to reverse. Only tissue culture would have worked and I am not set up to do that.

:vibe:

Yes, I realize there are some specific genetics involved in that very plant that the other strains didn't share. Just wondered if your cheese would have the same expression if grown under a different spectrum or if grown by someone else..

Although you are not set up to dabble with tissue culturing, your grow room is very nice, sir, I am impressed with the wiring, automation and clean look, very lab like, as others have commented..

Yes, I realize there are some specific genetics involved in that very plant that the other strains didn't share. Just wondered if your cheese would have the same expression if grown under a different spectrum or if grown by someone else..

Although you are not set up to dabble with tissue culturing, your grow room is very nice, sir, I am impressed with the wiring, automation and clean look, very lab like, as others have commented..
You should have seen the server rooms I have built. State of the art and yes all cables were color matched to their specific duty.

I had an Arduino running the grow space with Co² but I kept adding lights that had variable run times. The program got too buggy with nested loops. I also concluded that Co² was not cost effective on my scale. The timers I am using are inexpensive and have 8 programmable queues. It gives you a lot of options. I am a bit compulsive about wiring.

Looks like a reveg on drugs..........lol!

I'm breeding a duck x auto cross. The trick is to backcross to the mother with an F3 male. Breed the seed from that to F3 and you'll have an auto duck.

I suspect it will eb tricky to get that budding trait in an auto. Foxtails are very different from those " pussywillow" looking Sativa buds.

Yo Steppa, drFeelgood is from Short Stuff, available in most seedbanks. One of the few autos for sale that are not feminized.
Breeding auto into wally's ducksfoot is a challenge. I would like to follow your grow if you take on that job. Two recessive traits is a hassle to breed, as the numbers must be a lot higher, and it takes ages to complete. My suggestion is instead buying DP auto duck, which is already a stable autoflowering ducksfoot. Readily available, no ruderalis low potency, all the work already done. Or you can play with crosses of auto duck and photo duck. But if you do it for the fun of it I'd say get on it, just be aware of the complexity of trying to stabilize two recessive traits and at the same time maintaining potency.
I have to work with two recessive traits when both aiming for recessive leaves and autoflowering, but as there is no available product, I have to make it myself. My climate is so northern that I need auto. I also want more discreet buds.
Buds are a big problem with Freakshow. (for stealth that is) In full flowering there is no mistake what plant we're dealing with. Huge colas. Freakshow has beautiful leaves, and it is a very cool plant, with potency just like any normal one. It does also have quite a few leaf variations, and some look just like normal leaves with just more serration. So in my opinion it is not so much stealth as ABC. Hyb's improved version of ABC, subterfuge#1, also has big buds that give it away. His auto version, auto bastard, that's a bigger freak than Freakshow. It has tiny mutant abc leaves and humongous buds! On some photos all you see are buds on a stick. No trimming needed. So it is a wonderful creation. Freakshow is as well. They just don't work as stealth when in flowering. For my purpose, small beady buds are more discreet. The smaller, the better.
So my project is a daunting one, combining several recessive traits, and aiming for low yield, hoping to compensate for the yield with potency. Not a commercial product, but the joy is all in the process..
View attachment 1227355
I prefer the ABC leaf and structure..
View attachment 1227356
Some shots from csi_humboldt View attachment 1227357
As young plantlets, they are sure cute and stealthy. Looks nothing like weed.
View attachment 1227359
But of course, same with ABC, if the buds are decent sized and regular shape, it is all given away. Your dark devil bead pheno on this plant would be a totally different thing, @Fitzy

Have you seen what hyb @Hybri-tech has created with the ABC?..
'Subterfuge1', and also 'Autobastard' !.. seeds are available but pricey!.. to me at least!.. think only available as fems but fair play to the guy...
Worth checking out fo'sho!... easy now...

Back