Autoflower pearly bud (dr. grinspoon) pheno

Yo @Left where did ya find the Dr feel good?...l'm toying with the idea of pollinating wallys ducksfoot and purple ducksfoot with an auto... Russian origin!... next season!?! see how it works out...
Dunno if thery'e still available but have you seen Humboldt seed Company's 'Freakshow'...? Thatd be super stealth!.. not sure what the buds form like but the leaves are a thing of beauty, like nothing I've (or anyone's) seen before... I'm gonna try and snag a few somehow... keep up the good work star... easy now!.. Screenshot_20200820-231655_Samsung Internet.jpg

Yo Steppa, drFeelgood is from Short Stuff, available in most seedbanks. One of the few autos for sale that are not feminized.
Breeding auto into wally's ducksfoot is a challenge. I would like to follow your grow if you take on that job. Two recessive traits is a hassle to breed, as the numbers must be a lot higher, and it takes ages to complete. My suggestion is instead buying DP auto duck, which is already a stable autoflowering ducksfoot. Readily available, no ruderalis low potency, all the work already done. Or you can play with crosses of auto duck and photo duck. But if you do it for the fun of it I'd say get on it, just be aware of the complexity of trying to stabilize two recessive traits and at the same time maintaining potency.
I have to work with two recessive traits when both aiming for recessive leaves and autoflowering, but as there is no available product, I have to make it myself. My climate is so northern that I need auto. I also want more discreet buds.
Buds are a big problem with Freakshow. (for stealth that is) In full flowering there is no mistake what plant we're dealing with. Huge colas. Freakshow has beautiful leaves, and it is a very cool plant, with potency just like any normal one. It does also have quite a few leaf variations, and some look just like normal leaves with just more serration. So in my opinion it is not so much stealth as ABC. Hyb's improved version of ABC, subterfuge#1, also has big buds that give it away. His auto version, auto bastard, that's a bigger freak than Freakshow. It has tiny mutant abc leaves and humongous buds! On some photos all you see are buds on a stick. No trimming needed. So it is a wonderful creation. Freakshow is as well. They just don't work as stealth when in flowering. For my purpose, small beady buds are more discreet. The smaller, the better.
So my project is a daunting one, combining several recessive traits, and aiming for low yield, hoping to compensate for the yield with potency. Not a commercial product, but the joy is all in the process..

for example look @ this this is a dark devil by sweet seeds and look @ the fact there is no buds just random caylaxes and trics it's not fully stable but this is the kind of thing that can happen but bc urs wouldn't be as stable things like this could happen fairly often I'm not sure but I believe this is a double recessive trait. View attachment 1157001View attachment 1157002
This was an example of unwanted traits in another thread I started. In this thread I find @Fitzy 's plant actually has significance.
You believe it was a double recessive trait, @Fitzy ? It would actually work perfectly with the abc buds. Even slightly better than the beads on a string pheno. The more discreet the buds, the better, I would think. For a perfect stealth strain the yield is less important. I don't recall if you said whether it had any potency or not. If it was okay potency- and terpwise, with low odour, this pheno would be excellent to cross with the abc. But a double recessive bud pheno will take quite a population sample to find..

This was an example of unwanted traits in another thread I started. In this thread I find @Fitzy 's plant actually has significance.
You believe it was a double recessive trait, @Fitzy ? It would actually work perfectly with the abc buds. Even slightly better than the beads on a string pheno. The more discreet the buds, the better, I would think. For a perfect stealth strain the yield is less important. I don't recall if you said whether it had any potency or not. If it was okay potency- and terpwise, with low odour, this pheno would be excellent to cross with the abc. But a double recessive bud pheno will take quite a population sample to find..
So this one was just as potent and stinky but was only suitable for making hash as to pack a bowl or your would've taken for ever but I have also had another plant photo that had a odd bud structure it was a clone which I had 2 from this plant 1 was normal the other was similar to fox tails but stemy it was very odd if I can find pics of it I will post them. Not sure if it was double recessive but it would have to be as that was a sweet seeds dark devil fem so far I've not seen any others like this in this cultivar I have seen the exact same thing with a mephisto 4assed monkey personally and a West coast of from fastbuds that a buddy online was growing he said same thing the smell and potency were there but 0 buds. As for stealth some strains just don't smell like weed @ all I've got a few that smell just not super weedy almost all fruit or the other is eucalyptus mint medley and I just saw this online the other day which is really interesting
Screenshot_2020-08-25-21-32-59(1).png
Screenshot_2020-08-25-21-33-08(1).png

Yeah, Freakshow has truly unique leaves. The potency and terps are also said to be good. Much better than regular ABC.
There seems to be a few variations in the leaf pheno, but I agree they are all intriguing. They just don't work for me as stealth due to the size, structure and buds. It's the same as the ducksfoot. Unique leaves, but in flowering the plant is easily recognized. The freakshow mutation is in my opinion not as stealth as the ABC. It grows huge and the buds are just like on any other cannabis plant. So from a distance you recognize it at once. Only up close you see a difference in the serrations. The ABC has a totally different structure in addition to the leaves. If one could just get some beads instead of buds, it would be perfect in my opinion.

Screenshot_20200826_215528.jpg

I prefer the ABC leaf and structure..
Screenshot_20200826_220015.jpg

Some shots from csi_humboldt
Screenshot_20200826_221321.jpg

As young plantlets, they are sure cute and stealthy. Looks nothing like weed.
Screenshot_20200826_222001.jpg

But of course, same with ABC, if the buds are decent sized and regular shape, it is all given away. Your dark devil bead pheno on this plant would be a totally different thing, @Fitzy

What do you think, @GeorgeCloney, would be nice to cross one of your foxtailing rudis to this one and get an autoflowering version with discreet size, discreet buds and totally different leaves.

The rudy would give you the beads you're looking for.
As a solution for height, I'd recommend LST.
This would fix both height and bud volumes.

Back