Peat pots BAD

I use Rapid Rooters from General Hydroponics to start seedlings, They are about $20 (including tax) for 100. It seems kind of expensive but seedlings germinate fast and grow strong.
"Rapid Rooter’s breakthrough technology produces a unique matrix of composted organic materials bonded together with plant-derived polymers. Rapid Rooter plugs are manufactured using a scientifically controlled process that yields large populations of beneficial microbes in the media. These naturally-occurring microbes colonize young roots, helping plants resist disease while maximizing nutrient uptake. Rapid Rooter plugs are fortified with micro nutrients for abundant root growth. The optimal air-to-water ratio within the plug matrix results in explosive early root growth. Use Rapid Rooter for robust early rooting that supports explosive plant growth. "

I have used both Jiffy pots and pellets for cannabis and vegetables with no issues.

I have used the jiffy pots with no issues. But when up potting I always cut the bottom, split the side before inserted into final pot. Then I simply pull the peat peat out. i have never just planted the whole thing so have no experience with that.

That's the way I've always used the pots. Once the seedling is ready for transplant, I soak the pot and peel it off. Plant the seedling in the medium without the pot. Never had an issue once.

I didn't even realize people still planted them in another container with the pot still on.

Back