"Photos have a better terpene profile and taste better than autos"

I have both flowering at the same stage right now I won’t say which is which but you decide A or B.
687D2B64-0610-4F4C-8441-FE1D52CF6199.jpeg
533521CF-149A-484F-8501-60A8ECDAA49F.jpeg

One of these is visually more terpy but that’s up to you to decide not me

The terps on my organic grown autos are excellent.
Lots of factors involved with terpene production photo or auto. Lovin this Night Owl Pre98 ep1 I just grew. Bubba Kush clone x Meph Auto Skywalker.
Delicious kush smoke. Super smooth.

Only insight I can add is from a clown that used to come around with some nice dank occasionally to my local bar....would always talk shit about only hydro and only photos till we was heading out back to partake one afternoon when he rolled up and joined in, he got ripped and wanted to know the strain so I told him he wouldn't be interested cause it was an auto....been awhile since I've seen him.

Perhaps with them generally living longer, photos simply have more opportunity, more time to accumulate terpenes?
But they are only living longer during veg, flowering is nearly the same time frame between photos and Autos.

50 Shades of Grape is by far the terpiest and most delicious auto I've tried. Dragon Cheese F1 is the most delicious photo and it's kind of a toss-up as to which is best. The auto smells better green and the Dragon Cheese cure was the only cure I've ever been completely satisfied with.

But they are only living longer during veg, flowering is nearly the same time frame between photos and Autos.
This just shows how ignorant I am about growing photos - no experience.

But maybe longer growing during veg and presumably related larger plant size throughout bloom support more terpene production/accumulation?

Not so sure the statement is accurate. All strains wether they are photos or autos, are all different from each other. I never have any problems in terms of trichome production from autos. I grow better autos than street weed...

Back