"Photos have a better terpene profile and taste better than autos"

Ive only grown about 20 plants but so far Mephisto Sour Stomper is my favorite for taste and smell. Besides the outstanding high it smells like a fruit bowl, tastes like a different fruit every time, and super frosty and colorful.

Let the bickering begin!
List your most flavorful/terpy autoflowers (so I can grow them) :biggrin:
Thinking of doing a few photo runs to compare.
I have some Hubba Bubba Smell o Scope thats was cured for 3 or 4 weeks before even I tried it. Right now it's probably at 5 or 6 weeks since harvest and it's honestly the first one that ive cured properly. I can taste it all the way down to the ash. Started growing all together last 420 and have had decent harvest was just messing up the cure. I changed some stuff up, (was blowing a fan on high :doh: plus my RH was in the 30s) and I think I got it right cause it has this bubblegum/sweet real kushy kinda taste and smell. Someone experienced could probably pull some really good terps from this one for sure.

@Dank Nuggets was talking bout this a while back
Lol im easy but do prefer photoperiods for strength and autos for speedy weed, autos are getting better and some i would pick over photo strains but its all about who grows it and how, im more for taste n terps and a heavy earthy photoperiod indica grown organic tastes the best, yields and time Don't matter to me i just want top shelf home grown that burns white and feels smooth on my chest :chimp:

With cannabis auto photo or that stuff that came in the brick in the 90s it's all about the phenotype an the grower who brings out the terp profiles with a honed methodology. I've seen on forums where people bad mouth strains that I pull the most unbelievable chron off of so what one guy can't grow there is someone who can .skills bring out the subtle nuances that might have been dormant in another grower .

Only insight I can add is from a clown that used to come around with some nice dank occasionally to my local bar....would always talk shit about only hydro and only photos till we was heading out back to partake one afternoon when he rolled up and joined in, he got ripped and wanted to know the strain so I told him he wouldn't be interested cause it was an auto....been awhile since I've seen him.
I gave some Knows Candy and Fugue State to a Vet friend that worked in the industry for a little while......bud tender.... ect.
I didn't tell her what strains they were, so as not throw off any evaluation with research she might do. LOL! she texted me the next morning wanting to know "WTF strain wuz that? Jesus!" She didn't believe it was an auto. :funny:
Well, all I have to say........No way a photo templeball could be any more flavorful than any auto templeball I've made so far.
I have to buy a new battery for my Evolve Plus I use to vape my hash. It blinked it ass off F YOU after the last charge. I guess two years is ok with the crappy QA system at battery mfgs these days.

Lol im easy but do prefer photoperiods for strength and autos for speedy weed, autos are getting better and some i would pick over photo strains but its all about who grows it and how, im more for taste n terps and a heavy earthy photoperiod indica grown organic tastes the best, yields and time Don't matter to me i just want top shelf home grown that burns white and feels smooth on my chest :chimp:
My Knows Candy had a great dry, 16-17 days, and a nice cure. Her flavor is STRONG and I have to carb a one hitter a bit. It's easy AF to clean it with the fluffy white ash, though. She is the hardest hitting flower I've grown so far. My tiny one hitter with get me buzzed and my bigger glass one hitter will get me fairly trashed. It does help me focus quite well if I'm active; even with more hits. I'm gonna grind up some Ogre Berry this morning for her fruity taste with that odd ass funk she has......odd combo, but good!

I've been growing commercially for over 3 years now. I have seen some of the most garbage photperiod "clone only" boofy boof you've ever seen sitting on the shelf. I have seen countless photoperiod cultivars test out in single digit cannabinoids. Photoperiods that don't yield for shit regardless of how they are grown. Photoperiods that have no smell, no terp profile, but hey they were "photoperiod clone only."

I've watched an entire greenhouses of Ethos photo clones hermie (lol that was on the owner of this grow though; he did something he shouldn't have late in flower.)

Rather than it being "us vs them" when it comes to autos and photos; I say "these are tools in the toolbox for growing. Some jobs you prefer a hammer, some jobs need a saw. But you're glad you have the OPTION depending on what the situation best dictates."

I think with autos you are at a bit more disadvantage because you can't perpetually clone a really good keeper. Let's not forget alot more work has been put into the cannabis gene pool some long before any of us were even alive and the majority of that work has been put into photos so I don't think it's a fair comparison. Plus the last thirty years if autos had the amount of work put into them photos would be a tiny bit less desirable. My two cents for what it's worth.

I think with autos you are at a bit more disadvantage because you can't perpetually clone a really good keeper. Let's not forget alot more work has been put into the cannabis gene pool some long before any of us were even alive and the majority of that work has been put into photos so I don't think it's a fair comparison. Plus the last thirty years if autos had the amount of work put into them photos would be a tiny bit less desirable. My two cents for what it's worth.
a55d22a8cd940f6d2cbdd3fdfba2fd2f.png

Back