"Photos have a better terpene profile and taste better than autos"

Tom Bombadil

Tom Bom, jolly Tom, Tom Bombadillo!
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Purple Chem [] Blueberry Passion [] Raspberry Punch
Let the bickering begin!
List your most flavorful/terpy autoflowers (so I can grow them) :biggrin:
Thinking of doing a few photo runs to compare.

Just realized there was a somewhat similar thread in here :doh:
Delete if necessary. :baked:

no, just autos vs photos in a general sense
Oh ok. Just making sure before I start contributing. Lmao. In my expirience, what little it is, photos seem to produce better quality buds. Not saying my auto is subpar but size-density-trichome coverage are all way above my auto, but I am very inexperienced with autos too, also I grew it under 12 hours of light but kept the dli at about 45

Oh ok. Just making sure before I start contributing. Lmao. In my expirience, what little it is, photos seem to produce better quality buds. Not saying my auto is subpar but size-density-trichome coverage are all way above my auto, but I am very inexperienced with autos too, also I grew it under 12 hours of light but kept the dli at about 45

Well, I dont think autos lack trich coverage or good bud structure ime... its more about the taste of the buds imo....Im more interested in taste and smell differences! Ive grown several autos that were totally covered in trichs...and Ive grown some with football sized buds...

Well, I dont think autos lack trich coverage or good bud structure ime... its more about the taste of the buds imo....Im more interested in taste and smell differences! Ive grown several autos that were totally covered in trichs...and Ive grown some with football sized buds...
Yeah i think mine was all down to leaving all the foliage on, didnt lollipop or schwazz or defoliate much at all. Plus shortening the light period probably didnt help any. It smells great and it does the trick. I guess since its my very first grow to harvest I was expecting more. But they different. Still pleased with what I got though, just a very harsh smoke imo. Probably didnt cure it right though.

When I first started with autos I was harvesting 2 oz from 2 plants. Now it’s 3+ from one. The photos I’ve grown inside are of the same quality as the autos. Density, trich coverage, potency, terp profile. But you were asking about most flavorful, terp autos…

in my grow experience so far with autos
SSSC AUTOCREEPER- Concord grapes(fresh and soured) wine, sour wine, exotic berry
HSO Chocolate mint og auto ( they have a new version)- bright pine, cocoa, mint , earthy
FASTBUDS- Cherry cola- cherry, spice, nutmeg, trich monster.
Seedstockers- Mack and crack- lemon/lime, earthy, candy
JeanO- Blue Dog- this is a weird one. Has flavors that are sweet, some are odd but not unpleasant. Very complex terp profile with good flavor all around. Sweet, dank, spicy, bowl of exotic fruit mixed with baby formula… sounds bad but it’s not.
I am a big limonene fan, but I’m not exclusive to that. Love them all. If I find more in my descriptions I will let you know.

When I first started with autos I was harvesting 2 oz from 2 plants. Now it’s 3+ from one. The photos I’ve grown inside are of the same quality as the autos. Density, trich coverage, potency, terp profile. But you were asking about most flavorful, terp autos…

in my grow experience so far with autos
SSSC AUTOCREEPER- Concord grapes(fresh and soured) wine, sour wine, exotic berry
HSO Chocolate mint og auto ( they have a new version)- bright pine, cocoa, mint , earthy
FASTBUDS- Cherry cola- cherry, spice, nutmeg, trich monster.
Seedstockers- Mack and crack- lemon/lime, earthy, candy
JeanO- Blue Dog- this is a weird one. Has flavors that are sweet, some are odd but not unpleasant. Very complex terp profile with good flavor all around. Sweet, dank, spicy, bowl of exotic fruit mixed with baby formula… sounds bad but it’s not.
I am a big limonene fan, but I’m not exclusive to that. Love them all. If I find more in my descriptions I will let you know.
Oh, and no comparison between autos done inside and photos done outside… auto indoors takes it.

Back