PLEASE, help me build a No-Till mix

Thanks @Mara Cachafa and @Silver . Just passed those seeded buds into jars. Three more seeds fell off from them in the process, while several more await inside the buds. Will let the buds cure for a bit and then collect the remaining seeds and consume that tasty bud and will find the space to get at least one seed to germinate for the final test of the pollination run!

Oh, and on other news... the Cream Mandarine Auto (on the left, day 64) and Cream Mandarine XL Auto (on the right, day 63) are getting close to chop. A bit hungry because of what I assume to be a mix of soil running out of nutes , too high DLI (above 60 and no CO2 added), and overwatering after messing up watering the week before last. Only get tap water and just recently some worm casting lecheate added to some of the waterings. Smell is amazingly sweet and the tangerine aroma is very clear! Pics from them today:
IMG_0331.JPG
IMG_0332.JPG
IMG_0333.JPG
IMG_0334.JPG
IMG_0335.JPG
IMG_0336.JPG
IMG_0337.JPG
IMG_0338.JPG
IMG_0339.JPG

High there. I didnt read the whole thread. I did want to mention another aspect aside from being newer to growing or soil mixing,doing a to till,water only or fully organic mix isnt an easy feat tbt. but aside from that in a small tent or even a 4x4 in true No till fashion a grow box or something that will hold your soil and plants. when its small like that it will get used quickly with just a few plants.and you really wont be able to feed it as much as it will need to be fed to maintain full cycle feeding,PH and bufferig..organic breakdown n so forth..so a more water only system is recommended imo verses a no till box. No till boxes are ment to be large or they take a lot of work to maintain.and will eventually have bigger issues.. anyway.just wanted to give ya a piece of info that may not have been touched on. Have harvesting bud. Later

High there. I didnt read the whole thread. I did want to mention another aspect aside from being newer to growing or soil mixing,doing a to till,water only or fully organic mix isnt an easy feat tbt. but aside from that in a small tent or even a 4x4 in true No till fashion a grow box or something that will hold your soil and plants. when its small like that it will get used quickly with just a few plants.and you really wont be able to feed it as much as it will need to be fed to maintain full cycle feeding,PH and bufferig..organic breakdown n so forth..so a more water only system is recommended imo verses a no till box. No till boxes are ment to be large or they take a lot of work to maintain.and will eventually have bigger issues.. anyway.just wanted to give ya a piece of info that may not have been touched on. Have harvesting bud. Later

thanks! i have been told what you say several times and still i want to give no till a try in my 2x2 (I'm a bit stubborn you see and completely willing and excited to learn from first hand experience/mistakes)... I only keep 1 or max 2 small plants per run in my tent so I figured if I use a 2x2 bed or a bigass pot to fill as much floor space as possible in it i should manage to get a 1 small plant no till working or at least something close to a mix of notill and TLS. tent height is my real concern though.

anyhow... ive yet to actually begin the notill run... these littles runs were with soil that was meant for a notill but that i screwed up mixing and chose not to do no till with it. soon i'll be mixing a new soil for the actual notill but these little runs have really helped me
understand/remember several things of soil growing. i think you are right and I might not end up using notill but i really want to give it a go just for experimenting sake so im ready for all the ups and downs that may come.

UPDATE

The pollinated clone has been in jars for about two weeks, and for each week I have taken out a bud and as I consume it during the week I pick-out seeds from it. I still have about 4 colas to go, but so far I've collected a bit over 60 seeds, all in perfectly good shape! Couldn`t be happier! I haven't tested any of them yet to see if they are viable, but will do so soon.

On other news, the two autos have been harvested. They were chopped down last Saturday on their day 75 (CM XL Auto) and 76 (CMA). The CMA had actually been ready since day 63 but I wanted to chop them together so I chose to wait until the CMXLA was also ready. Both were hung whole-plant in my
spare/old tent, where RH is in the 60's and temp is too. Some pics of the autos on saturday:

1IMG_0407.JPG

2IMG_0406.JPG
3IMG_0409.JPG
4IMG_0410.JPG
5IMG_0412.JPG
6IMG_0413.JPG
7IMG_0414.JPG
8IMG_0417.JPG
9IMG_0415.JPG
10IMG_0416.JPG
11IMG_0426.JPG
12IMG_0431.JPG
13IMG_0430.JPG
14IMG_0449.JPG

I still have some of the no-till soil mix left, so I think I'll be using it with another auto from SweetSeeds in a 3 gal fabric pot... it's a BloodySkunk Auto, or I might use it to grow out/test the seeds I obtained from the pollinated clone. By the end of this week i'll have decided and I'll come back here to update accordingly.

Anyhow, thanks for those who followed up to here and those who have given me input, it has all been useful.

UPDATE

The pollinated clone has been in jars for about two weeks, and for each week I have taken out a bud and as I consume it during the week I pick-out seeds from it. I still have about 4 colas to go, but so far I've collected a bit over 60 seeds, all in perfectly good shape! Couldn`t be happier! I haven't tested any of them yet to see if they are viable, but will do so soon.

On other news, the two autos have been harvested. They were chopped down last Saturday on their day 75 (CM XL Auto) and 76 (CMA). The CMA had actually been ready since day 63 but I wanted to chop them together so I chose to wait until the CMXLA was also ready. Both were hung whole-plant in my
spare/old tent, where RH is in the 60's and temp is too. Some pics of the autos on saturday:

View attachment 1450465
View attachment 1450466View attachment 1450467View attachment 1450468View attachment 1450469View attachment 1450470View attachment 1450471View attachment 1450472View attachment 1450473View attachment 1450474View attachment 1450461View attachment 1450462View attachment 1450463View attachment 1450464.

I still have some of the no-till soil mix left, so I think I'll be using it with another auto from SweetSeeds in a 3 gal fabric pot... it's a BloodySkunk Auto, or I might use it to grow out/test the seeds I obtained from the pollinated clone. By the end of this week i'll have decided and I'll come back here to update accordingly.

Anyhow, thanks for those who followed up to here and those who have given me input, it has all been useful.

These two plants were passed to jars last week after 10 or 11 days of drying last week... 7 of those days were with 60-65 RH and temps between 15-18 C, but the crazy weather in my city made temps and RH suddenly rise, so I decided to cut the drying a bit shorter than expected. Both have amazing flavors on the sweet yet citric side, and very pleasant effects. The XL seems to have more intense flavors and effects, but just by a bit more. Each yielded a bit over 25 grams, with the XL yielding like gram more.
Taking into a account that I used a soil mix that I knew was far from ideal (doesn't drain well at all, high EC, high pH, etc) and having done several auto no-no's, I feel quite satisfied with the results. I just used half of the tent's horizontal space and the light was always placed in the middle while the plants were pushed to the back of the tent. Meaning for me that an addition of two plants of the same size and with the same or similar not-ideal-contidions and results could have resulted in a total yield that IMO would have been quite decent for the space and power of the light (max 78 Watts).
Anyhow, here are a few pics of the day I passed the said buds to their jars (two buds of Cream Mandarine Auto, one bud of the Cream Mandarine XL Auto, all buds imn their jars... normal CM to the left, XL to the right:

IMG_0486.JPG
IMG_0488.JPG
IMG_0489.JPG

Oh, and BTW, I still have enough of this soil mix to do an additional 3 gal run, so I have already soaked a Bloody Skunk Auto seed from SweetSeeds and placed it in the tent in a 800-1000 ml container with that mix. I'm basically going to do all the same things I did with the Cream Manadrines intentionally expecting to get again a little plant, hoping I can get 2 or three more small plants like it in there with it. Will be updating on how thing go with her.

Your final bud pics look fantastic. Planning on amending that soil and getting it into shape for another one?

Your final bud pics look fantastic. Planning on amending that soil and getting it into shape for another one?

Sorry for taking so long to respond, but thanks!!! That Cream Mandarine XL Auto has become one of my favorites! Great in every aspect!
And in regards to the soil, I did add some worm castings to that soil and some kelp meal, but had to bag it all up for a while.
But I have just started a new round with it and two clones from a plant grown from a seed I got from the pollen run. Here they are... clones were cut several weeks ago, but only transplanted them two days ago into the recycled soil, 5.5 gal pot, and placed them in my tent today. I did not check the soil EC or pH, so let's see what happens! I plan to give them max 4 weeks veg counting from today.
IMG_0628 (NOV 20 2022).JPG
IMG_0627 (NOV 20 2022).JPG
IMG_0626 (NOV 20 2022).JPG

Last edited:
Will be using the rec

Sorry for taking so long to respond, but thanks!!! That Cream Mandarine XL Auto has become one of my favorites! Great in every aspect!
And in regards to the soil, I did add some worm castings to that soil and some kelp meal, but had to bag it all up for a while.
But I have just started a new round with it and two clones from a plant grown from a seed I got from the pollen run. Here they are... clones were cut several weeks ago, but only transplanted them two days ago into the recycled soil, 5.5 gal pot, and placed them in my tent today. I did not check the soil EC or pH, so let's see what happens! I plan to give them max 4 weeks veg counting from today.
View attachment 1539622View attachment 1539621View attachment 1539620
Chuck a handful of them compost worms in their as well. They'll keep the soil perfectly aerated :thumbsup:

Chuck a handful of them compost worms in their as well. They'll keep the soil perfectly aerated :thumbsup:

Thanks! there are actually a couple in there all ready... wanna wait a bit before adding more and see how long before they try to get out of there sicne it's a small container.

Back