PPM

no... in soil you should stay in the 6.3-6.5 zone always... all nutrients are available this way and the plant draws what it needs. I have an upcoming experiment to slowly raise soil ph over the life cycle and see if results improve.. but for now.. stick with what wotks

JM

6.3 to 6.5 is the soil sweet spot.

I have played around with changing PH to lock out certain nutes during flush. But never really tried it to enhance flowering.

Some pics from today (4.2-11)
I have given them 10 hours of 71.6f and 40% humid as the old gauges i used until yesterday was wrong and the temp really was 105f and 20% humid until i found out this problem 3.2-11
The soil is moist at the moment the pics was taken,its developing new leafs,but as u can se the tips are curled down and are black,even on new set of leafs. Probably its still having some issues from the heat in box,but it also seems nute burned? Guess the soil is to heavy for them as well.. What concretely should i do to them now??
View attachment 3023View attachment 3024View attachment 3025View attachment 3026View attachment 3028View attachment 3029View attachment 3030View attachment 3031View attachment 3034

Ok i will keep the ph at 6.5..

-And start to use the helpful threads to diagnose the plants myself as well,let them dry for a while now beacause its overwatering who seems to be the main prob left now that the heat and humid issus are solved. Hope they recover and not herming of all the stress they have had..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hay guys, good subject.
I started a journal, at home, on my last grow. So hears a rough idea of what I did and what I did it with. I use the Fox Farms Trio (Tiger Bloom, Big Bloom and Grow Big) for my nutes. I use a specific type of store boughten water, because the PH is always between 6.4 and 6.7, and I use Miracle Grow Moisture Control Soil. For me and my grow area, I prefer a 10" pot.
Here's my last grow notes : Day 19 1st nute solution PPM=920 used a rough solution of just under 1/2 of recommended amounts of all three. I forgot to write down that I added PH up to bring it's level up to 6.6
Day 24 2nd Nuting : Nute Solution PPM = 1280 roughly full strength BB and 3/4 TB. PH adj. w/ph up to 6.5
Day 29 3rd Nuting : Nute Solution PPM= 1280 same as last time
Day 34 4th Nuting : Nute Solution PPM = 1360 (Note to self: ppm a bit to high ) BB/TB used
Day 40 1/2 teaspoon per gal. of water, add molasses no nutes or anything else. always adj. ph.
Day 43 5th Nuting : Nute Solution PPM=1330 TB/BB
Day 46 6th Nuting : Nute Solution PPM= 1345
Day 49 7th Nuting :Nute Solution PPM= 1380 (Last Nuting)
Day 52 Only Water
Day 63 Harvest is ready
In between nuting, I used only PH'ed water. :cool:

I posted this in my group. There we're having this same discussion but have moved on to Ph and molasses.
Hope this helps someone. Plus this is a rough nuting schedule. I still need to refine it.

Last edited:
Ripster, great writeup... seems you're pretty close.... Full Duplex shared his fert schedule with me a while back and its what I'm running until I can get my own home-made nutes up and fully functional... it has really helped me dial in and prevent burning and stunting..

This is what i doi break it down as follows
First off let me talk about what i use as ferts. I have a 4 part system that i use and most of this is in the brain so please bare with me as i share this one.
I use FF grow big (hydro formula) Tiger Bloom and then two tea variations. One is high in N for veg and the other is high in Phosphorus when its time to flower.
I apply these through out the grow. I use the FF to get it started.
then i move to the teas and then back to the FF and then back to the teas
So i break it down like this:
FF GB is 3Tbsp/1Gal for heavy feedings. So in my mind this is more than enough for our fave friends. So it states that 2tbsp/1gal is for normal feedings so i use this as my base number. After that i break it down into 1/4
at 7 days i start like this
Day 7 1/4 dose to a gal
Day 14 1/2 dose to a gal + 8oz of N rated tea
Day 21 1tbsp GB and then 1/4 of TB (bringing in the TB)
Day 28 1/2 TB + 8oz of Phosphorus rated tea
Day 35 1.5 tbsp TB to a gal
Day 41 2tbsp of TB and 8oz of Phosphorus rated tea
Then Flush till finish unless it needs something at the end.
I think that this is everything that i do like i said i am not sure as this is all in my head. If the plants demand more that i give more this is just something to go by. I usually do not swap in clean water feedings at all over the fert program. I just use the jug then its gone. Now if i start to see over feeding or lockouts ill flush.
But if i keep my water on point i never usually see a lock out or toxicity.
Hope this helps
- FD's fert schedule

it seems to be pretty close to yours... but maybe this will help you dial in better?
I also really like it that you post your PPM's... thats akey link we haven't really been recording or discussing at all... I believe that will help us get an even more scientific approach to proper fert schedules!

:)

JM

Ripster, great writeup... seems you're pretty close.... Full Duplex shared his fert schedule with me a while back and its what I'm running until I can get my own home-made nutes up and fully functional... it has really helped me dial in and prevent burning and stunting..

- FD's fert schedule

it seems to be pretty close to yours... but maybe this will help you dial in better?
I also really like it that you post your PPM's... thats akey link we haven't really been recording or discussing at all... I believe that will help us get an even more scientific approach to proper fert schedules!

:)

JM

Thanks. I'll check out FD here in a min.

Back