PPM

S

slimspickings

So today in the mail i got a PPM pen, i thought i ordered a PH pen, instead its a PPM pen. Is there a simple way to convert PPM to PH? your help is greatly appreciated. i feel like an idiot, lol.

I tested the pen to see if it works and it does, my tap is in the 280's, is that good?

no... you'll need to get a ph meter... your best bet is to get a meter that does ph, tds or ec, and light (all your variables)

Hope its ok im borrow your thread a bit,is ppm-pen the same as the ec-pen? And should i begin to measure the ec in my soil? I have a ec-pen here..

ppm and ec are both pretty much the same measurement but on different scales and different methods... but basically they both still measure TDS or Total Dissolved Salts or how much total nutrient "salts" are in solution. EC will probably be more effective in soil whereas TDS will be more effective in Hydro or water soultions because EC is electrical conductivity and TDS is "dissolved" salts.

Hope that helps
Equally as important... or actually more... is PH... get a tester (ebay, amazon) that does, light, ph, moisture, nutrient.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rapitest-1818-M...201?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ea6256911

the one i have works like a chrarm... shipped here for under $20

JM

JM

ppm and ec are both pretty much the same measurement but on different scales and different methods... but basically they both still measure TDS or Total Dissolved Salts or how much total nutrient "salts" are in solution. EC will probably be more effective in soil whereas TDS will be more effective in Hydro or water soultions because EC is electrical conductivity and TDS is "dissolved" salts.

Hope that helps
Equally as important... or actually more... is PH... get a tester (ebay, amazon) that does, light, ph, moisture, nutrient.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rapitest-1818-M...201?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ea6256911

the one i have works like a chrarm... shipped here for under $20

JM

JM
Thanks alot JM,i bought it now,these are the two pen's i have,and the "sera solution" fish tank ph-test:
View attachment 2980
The yellow ph-pen shows my tap water is 8,4 and the sera solution says 7,0,my common sense is saying that the sera is the one i can rely on beacause its desiged for water with living fish,whatca think?
The ec-pen i have not yet tested,just push it into corner of the pots? What should my ec be?

yes the sera is probably more accurate... you should calibrate the pen... you'll need buffer soution and follow instructions in your pens manual...

this chart should give you a conversion idea... you ec or tds should rise slowly over the life of the plant... starting very low at seedlings and working up to higher levels at maturity... variety as well as light and many other conditions affect these parameters a lot. not sure exactly what to tell you as I'm still diling in for autos myself... check with the breeder maybe?

PPM-EC-C.jpgph vs uptake 2.jpgph vs uptake.gif

these charts should help get ya started

Ah,then i should rise my ph from 6.5 to 7 now that they are in veg so they can get more of the P, CA and MG as they are lacking them now and mainly gets N,K and a bit of M?- (dont see the letter clear) FE and B? And when they starts to flower then lower ph to 6.3 to give them more of M? FE and B as the same time they are getting also N and K?

Back