Question about topping and lst autoflower plant.

Reaction score
Grow tent: 0.8m*0.8m*1.8m
Light: Mars hydro ts 1000
Soil: Bio bizz light mix
Nutrients: Bio bizz
Pot: 11l pot
Strain (only one plant): Strawberry banana auto (Fastbuds)

Which one, topping after fourth node and lst all stems and later topping all eight stems or just topping after fourth node and lst all stems? Or something else?

Help novice grower to get maximum yeild with no stunted growth.

English is not my native language if you don't understand.

Thank you.

Syyton666

Becouse grow tent only 1.8m height and strain may grow 1.5m long so have to do something about height issue.

Do plant stress too much if top many times and lst? Absolute final day to train plants?
imho, topping and LST are not going to over stress your plant,
Once they start to flower and stretch, you can use LST to flatten out the growth for a week or two or until the horizontal plane is full, or a scrog net to do the same, you can turn up the lights, the plants should stretch less if they are getting all the light they need, add some blue light to induce the plant to grow more leaf rather than put energy into stretch, turn up the fans, the plant will put more energy into strengthening the stems and branches rather than just stretching, personally I like topping but I have only ever grown photo's.

Last edited:
I top most my plants just above the 4th node as long as I can do it by day 21 after that I don’t top only train. I do minimal training just to even and spread out canopy

All this also depends on if the plants is stressed to begin with

So your plant is either going to grow tall if untrained or wide if topped.. 5.9 feet isnt terribly short height wise for most autos.. I used to grow photos in a box 36 inches tall that was 4 sq feet with a scrog and air cooled hps.. You have an led panel so that saves a good amount of vertical space but with a tent 6 feet tall and a bit under 4 sq feet, going with an auto that gets 5 feet tall may have been a bit of an oversight.. I would lollipop it and cut side branching to a minimum to get all the colas under the light when she finishes stretching.. This assumes vigorous growth.. your plant may not get so big and none of this may even become an issue.. Start growing her and keep us posted, its no biggie really..
GL

Back