Raffle Winner Limitations (POLL!)

Should we limit raffle winners per month?

• Total voters

Son of Hobbes

High of the Tiger
Staff member
AFN Admin
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Website
www.autoflower.org
Hey guys, putting some limits on the raffles was asked of us to consider and I've posed it to our staff, but I wanted to get some site feedback on it as well.

Basically the idea is that we'd create a simple limitation on if you win a particular vendor's raffle, either you would have to sit the next week out, or that's it for that vendor for the month, or.... we just let it ride.

Let's see where the majority vote lands.

Hey guys, putting some limits on the raffles was asked of us to consider and I've posed it to our staff, but I wanted to get some site feedback on it as well.

Basically the idea is that we'd create a simple limitation on if you win a particular vendor's raffle, either you would have to sit the next week out, or that's it for that vendor for the month, or.... we just let it ride.

Let's see where the majority vote lands.

For me...let it Ride...we Know it is a Randomly generated winner system..........:headbang:.....can't be Fairer than that....IMO...

I know it's random chance, but to make some feel better about it, I'd go with skipping a week on a particular vendor as a middle ground....

i'd limit to once a month.. as that is how i would self regulate if you follow me thinking on that.. :smoking:

Once month or every other week should work a little better for those that aren’t able to constantly check in and get in a entry. I think that would maybe level out the field and make it more playable for others perhaps

Once month or every other week should work a little better for those that aren’t able to constantly check in and get in a entry. I think that would maybe level out the field and make it more playable for others perhaps
Exactly. Without some sort of adjustment, the majority of winners will be the minority of us gro-buddies that are willing and able to spend far more hours on AFN than most of us can. It is no biggie one way or another to me, but a monthly or other limit might bring a few more peeps into the running. Happy raffling peeps, whichever way the penny drops, and thanks once again to @Son of Hobbes for your work on this stuff, you do a lot to keep this place the friendly and helpful place that it is.:pighug:

More than anything change it to a single vote per day. Right now 168 votes per week encourages an unhealthy frequency of social media. I get that it’s a moot point given most of us are on the forum alot anyway but I myself stopped participating once I felt it was negatively impacting my behaviors :pass:
As for the actual question at hand… I am confident AFN is administering the rules fairly and that software is randomly choosing the winner each week. Getting butt hurt over someone else’s luck doesn’t warrant rule changes to skew the odds. Unless of course it would be of more interest to sponsors to see their products be used be a larger array of people to better showcase the product

Exactly. Without some sort of adjustment, the majority of winners will be the minority of us gro-buddies that are willing and able to spend far more hours on AFN than most of us can. It is no biggie one way or another to me, but a monthly or other limit might bring a few more peeps into the running. Happy raffling peeps, whichever way the penny drops, and thanks once again to @Son of Hobbes for your work on this stuff, you do a lot to keep this place the friendly and helpful place that it is.:pighug:
That Is so true,I tried many times but as I have Little to no luck in my Life,I have not won a seed or anything hahahah.I chose the One week middle ground,could allow us to each win something more often and with more diversity

Back