Raffle Winner Limitations (POLL!)

Should we limit raffle winners per month?

• Total voters
I don't think it's a number or volume thing at all. Hobbes posted the stats and he's not bullshitting anybody. It's random and I totally believe it especially with the drama it's caused. I've put in a good 80+ tickets for all the raffles with no wins. It's fun to win stuff, but it's also fun to see people win stuff. When I check Sunday mornings and it's the same people winning stuff they already won, it just takes the fun out of it. Tough to congratulate somebody on some myco that they'll use in 2025 or a backup screw. I'd rather see that go to a new guy to get excited about :shrug: I'm in for the month vote

Given up on raffles can't/won't compete with people that do 100+ entries. Not a big deal tho
:yeahthat: Had a stint for about a month where I had 100+ entries on every raffle and still never won. Not upset by any means as it's all free stuff, but just finally gave up entering cause it wasn't even worth the time and kinda took the fun out of it for me, especially when you see the same person winning. Which they won fair and square no doubt, just think the one month limitations will spread out the love more.

Love these raffles either way, super generous and a great way to get people involved.

Last edited:
I thought they were just a fun little side project. Remember to click through here and there. Quite generous giveaway. I didn't mind to win or not, just a little thing to do. Fun feeling to see if you win at the end of the week.

I say once you have won once, that should be your lot, gives the members who can't log in every hour a better chance, or make it that you only have one vote per raffle. That would be a lot fairer for everyone and that way you shouldn't see the usual suspects winning every week :toke:

A way to make it more even would be to limit the number of entries to a lower amount, like 20 each. Still allow an entry every hour, but 20 max.

Allowing an entry every hour for a week might encourage someone with intense OCD to unhealthy levels of insomnia.

That being said, I'm glad to see this being sprinkled back on the community at all. On some forums the mods would consider it advertising revenue and split it amongst themselves alone.

Doesnt matter if its a randomly generated raffle when some people enter exponentially more than everyone else can/does, does it?

Ill probably stick to buying everything I want/need :shrug:

For me...let it Ride...we Know it is a Randomly generated winner system..........:headbang:.....can't be Fairer than that....IMO...
^ agreed

More than anything change it to a single vote per day. Right now 168 votes per week encourages an unhealthy frequency of social media. I get that it’s a moot point given most of us are on the forum alot anyway but I myself stopped participating once I felt it was negatively impacting my behaviors :pass:
As for the actual question at hand… I am confident AFN is administering the rules fairly and that software is randomly choosing the winner each week. Getting butt hurt over someone else’s luck doesn’t warrant rule changes to skew the odds. Unless of course it would be of more interest to sponsors to see their products be used be a larger array of people to better showcase the product

:yeahthat:

Back