Raffle Winner Limitations (POLL!)

Should we limit raffle winners per month?

• Total voters
Doesnt matter if its a randomly generated raffle when some people enter exponentially more than everyone else can/does, does it?

Ill probably stick to buying everything I want/need :shrug:

That's how a raffle works though Tom. If I show up to a Sportsman Feed to go win a shotgun, and raffle tickets are $5 apiece, and I have $20, I buy 4 of them. My buddy makes more money than I do, he has $100 to spend on raffle tickets. Is the raffle rigged because he had the ability to get more raffle tickets? Does that make it any more or less fair? I mean, that's kind of why they call it "gambling."

Based on the polling; it looks like we can safely say that the community would like to see a limitation of one raffle win (per individual vendor raffle) per month. I'll let this ride until Friday, but I'd say it's pretty obvious.

This is 100% doable.

So going forward on the next set of raffles (that I will start back up this weekend, not in the middle of the week,) I will edit in a ruling to each that states that you are eligible to win each raffle ONE time for the month.

This still means that the same person could win multiple raffles during the month, but once they win that vendors raffle, they aren't eligible until the following month.

And again, I will point out that you all literally just voted for this, as it reads.

Since we did have a raffle that went into August, I will pull rank here and say that any winner of those particular contests for August would count AGAINST their count for the month (so if you won anything at the start of the month, you can't enter that vendor raffle again for August. You -can- enter other raffles, just not the same one that you won.

I'd say let's give this a shot, we'll see how it goes, then tweak it further if need-be.

Based on the polling; it looks like we can safely say that the community would like to see a limitation of one raffle win (per individual vendor raffle) per month. I'll let this ride until Friday, but I'd say it's pretty obvious.

This is 100% doable.

So going forward on the next set of raffles (that I will start back up this weekend, not in the middle of the week,) I will edit in a ruling to each that states that you are eligible to win each raffle ONE time for the month.

This still means that the same person could win multiple raffles during the month, but once they win that vendors raffle, they aren't eligible until the following month.

And again, I will point out that you all literally just voted for this, as it reads.

Since we did have a raffle that went into August, I will pull rank here and say that any winner of those particular contests for August would count AGAINST their count for the month (so if you won anything at the start of the month, you can't enter that vendor raffle again for August. You -can- enter other raffles, just not the same one that you won.

I'd say let's give this a shot, we'll see how it goes, then tweak it further if need-be.
Works for me! I'm glad we all came up with a solution that we all agree with!

Oh this isn't over, you and I are going to go play scratch-off's.
You send them, i scratch it for you, I'll take only a humble 10% of your millions hahahaha :crying:

I just looked through all the live site & vendor announcements and looked at all of our winnings, only 1 person won something twice in 1 month and it was not me, it was a multiverse $50 coupon.

I'm pleased to see we can poll on things to fix issues, this way the majority are happy and we keep things fair and happy. cheers all :cheers:

Once a day? That way if people can’t log on to AFN more then once at least they can get a raffle entry in when they do… max of 168 tickets per draw seems excessive my last lot of entries came to 11……

Once a day? That way if people can’t log on to AFN more then once at least they can get a raffle entry in when they do… max of 168 tickets per draw seems excessive my last lot of entries came to 11……
We all voted and agreed already, this is just kicking up dust.

:smoker:

1660897622172.png

I know this is already hashed out... But could do it radio style, quarterly. If you win, your out for the next 3 months. That's how all my local stations do it. A win eliminates you til the next quarter starts! Just a consideration...

Good outcome . :thumbsup:

Back