Renaissance Redneck

A Lovable Little Fuzzball
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
You Bet
Evening, Peeps.
I'm actually starting this thread at the request of my Missus, and her wise (and been there before) counsel. I spoke to Aunty today, and maybe some of this comes from reflecting on what I've learned here at AFN. I'm out of the closet, and pursuing a "teachable moment":biggrin:
My original intent was to be sneaky, and not tell everyone. That, I (we) believe, would be selfish and counter to what AFN stands for. So here goes, and I don't (truly and honestly, folks), want sympathy or condolences. Give that to the other guy, 'cause I feel like a mean, concertina wire eating S.O.B. right now.:muahaha:
A very short time ago, I was diagnosed with lung cancer. 3B, and I'm figuring out that ain't a bra size:rofl:
Most likely from starting to smoke weed...... :crying::crying: Naw, just kidding, but I do have the C. Maybe I should have started smoking sooner:biggrin:
Anyway, On very trusted advice, I'll be changing up a lot of things. Diet, no doubt, and putting my pH up into the stratosphere for a bit.
8+ is the goal. I just broke 7, and still dipping into the high 6's, so we'll learn as we go.
We decided this was important to put down for folks who may face the same thing, so I'll try to keep things as updated as I can.
Tonight was an olive oil stir fry with very lean (and very little) beef, poblano peppers, mushrooms and onions. Very good, I'll add.
My pH is at 6.9, and I just took a TBSP of baking soda. ( This is NOT the standard BS program, so anyone stumbling on this don't start eating this stuff in this volume, K?)
No sugar, no gluten, lots of greens, limited protein.
And lots of sex. (That's just my 2 pence).
So off we go. This is just the bully on the block, and just needs a solid kick in the kiwis.
Sorry for the ramble,
Red :peace:

Sorry to hear it guy. It's not an easy road, but it's not the end, either, as I've discovered the past (almost) three years now. I have to confess, the one thing that caught my eye and triggered a memory was "lots of sex"; all I remember along those lines is the oncologist telling me "no oral sex" the day of chemo and a couple days after as the chemicals could get into the semen. I told him avoiding oral sex wasn't a problem, but wanted to ask if should I wear a glove...

The food sounded lovely,the cancer part not lovely I hope you get better soon I love you're sense of humor that's gonna help ,attitude is everything I believe

Evening, Peeps.
I'm actually starting this thread at the request of my Missus, and her wise (and been there before) counsel. I spoke to Aunty today, and maybe some of this comes from reflecting on what I've learned here at AFN. I'm out of the closet, and pursuing a "teachable moment":biggrin:
My original intent was to be sneaky, and not tell everyone. That, I (we) believe, would be selfish and counter to what AFN stands for. So here goes, and I don't (truly and honestly, folks), want sympathy or condolences. Give that to the other guy, 'cause I feel like a mean, concertina wire eating S.O.B. right now.:muahaha:
A very short time ago, I was diagnosed with lung cancer. 3B, and I'm figuring out that ain't a bra size:rofl:
Most likely from starting to smoke weed...... :crying::crying: Naw, just kidding, but I do have the C. Maybe I should have started smoking sooner:biggrin:
Anyway, On very trusted advice, I'll be changing up a lot of things. Diet, no doubt, and putting my pH up into the stratosphere for a bit.
8+ is the goal. I just broke 7, and still dipping into the high 6's, so we'll learn as we go.
We decided this was important to put down for folks who may face the same thing, so I'll try to keep things as updated as I can.
Tonight was an olive oil stir fry with very lean (and very little) beef, poblano peppers, mushrooms and onions. Very good, I'll add.
My pH is at 6.9, and I just took a TBSP of baking soda. ( This is NOT the standard BS program, so anyone stumbling on this don't start eating this stuff in this volume, K?)
No sugar, no gluten, lots of greens, limited protein.
And lots of sex. (That's just my 2 pence).
So off we go. This is just the bully on the block, and just needs a solid kick in the kiwis.
Sorry for the ramble,
Red :peace:
Not fun... good luck buddy.

Thanks, guys. After last year, me and the Missus are stronger than we've ever been. No point whining, just got it to do.
I told him avoiding oral sex wasn't a problem, but wanted to ask if should I wear a glove...
:crying:
You beat this so hard so it stays outta your life bro.
Oh, yeah:thumbsup: I was gonna ask BR if I could borrow a glove, but I think I'll pass on that now:biggrin:

As I said before, how many lungs do you want, you greedy chicken. It is only the one !

You lightweights make me laugh. And that sounds like what you n Mrs RR are doing. Attitude is everything. I have no doubt Aunty will be on your case. Listen bro' she is very wise.

Top job for announcing that you are gay. I mean got the C. I get confused with this "out of the closet" shit.

I won't be in the staff office this week, but that is no licence to steal my stuff from the fridge.

You know what I mean chicken. Back off........eP.

Attitude is everything. I have no doubt Aunty will be on your case. Listen bro' she is very wise.
I've always held a great love and respect for her. The way she's jumped on this takes that to a level I never imagined. The only thing she hasn't taken is my whiskey. :wall: Damnit. I'll toss that before it comes up.
Top job for announcing that you are gay. I mean got the C. I get confused with this "out of the closet" shit.
In Texas, out of the closet means you've admitted to doing pork on the BBQ, or that you don't find your cousin attractive:biggrin:
I won't be in the staff office this week, but that is no licence to steal my stuff from the fridge.
You know what I mean chicken. Back off........eP.
My gals needed fish sauce, for Pete s sake. And I did give you that foot rub..... next time, wash those things first. :rofl:

If you and I get any more daft, they will do a sitcom called "The Chicken and the Penguin"

It will bomb no doubt. But, you never know ........eP. lol, love ya Bro'

Back