Reduce Mega Crop during bloom or not?

Be-Alive after that's done

use my MC Red Line
These 2 products are no longer available on the website although someone said Ebay still has them I still have some RL which I liked because of the low N my 3rd grow I used it from week 5 till harvest

I went to 5g per gallon (1.3gpl) in flower and started to get tip burn, so I backed off to 4.5gpg and that’s where I’m at right now. With approximately three weeks left I’m backing off the MC by 20% and upping the BE by 20. Once I’m down to two weeks I want to have the MC and CM down to half of the max and double the BE. This is just something I’ve wanted to try called the MedMan method.

I’m not big into feeding calculators as they cannot take strain nor growing medium into account. I’ve always said growers need to learn to read their plants and give them what they need not what some calculator tells them. So far I haven’t screwed this grow up and if I don’t, those buds should fatten up nicely.
View attachment 944086View attachment 944087

Calculators should at least be ballpark right. i agree not the be all, end all. Strain dependency is important to factor in. But if the general direction from Greenleaf's calculator is to increase MC thru bloom instead of decreasing, then we're not talking about strain differences. If anything we should see a decrease in the calculator values, not an increase. maybe I'm being anal about this but i invested more than MC nutes in this grow, which is blissfully damn affordable, and I would hope I'm being directed in the right direction with the calculator.

I dumped 15 gallons of res feed tonight that was up to 6g per gallon of MC and 1g of BE and replaced it with 4g per gallon and 1.5g BE per gallon.

Part of my frustration is related to using a calculator that is likely flawed and I use a two reservoirs and I'm bulk feeding. Its not that easy to play with nute dosing when using autopots, unless you turn them off and manually water. Or load the res with less volume and read the plants and adjust.

You'll be fine as you put on some great grows.
Kind of you to say, I always run a little paranoid when trying something new. I actually can’t wait for this grow to be over so I can start another one with the knowledge I have gained from this one.

Calculators should at least be ballpark right. i agree not the be all, end all. Strain dependency is important to factor in. But if the general direction from Greenleaf's calculator is to increase MC thru bloom instead of decreasing, then we're not talking about strain differences. If anything we should see a decrease in the calculator values, not an increase. maybe I'm being anal about this but i invested more than MC nutes in this grow, which is blissfully damn affordable, and I would hope I'm being directed in the right direction with the calculator.

I dumped 15 gallons of res feed tonight that was up to 6g per gallon of MC and 1g of BE and replaced it with 4g per gallon and 1.5g BE per gallon.

Part of my frustration is related to using a calculator that is likely flawed and I use a two reservoirs and I'm bulk feeding. Its not that easy to play with nute dosing when using autopots, unless you turn them off and manually water. Or load the res with less volume and read the plants and adjust.

Yes I agree the calculator should be in the ballpark. Although to be honest their calculator is better than any other I have seen. I dare you to use the Advanced Nutrients calculator full strength at any week on their calculator. You will burn your plants up on week one. I’m just saying you can’t trust any calculator as there are too many variables to account for. As for why @Greenleaf Nutrients has it going to 6gpg I don’t understand it myself. Most here have never gone above 5 and 4.5 seems to be the max, but perhaps when they tested it at GLN they used some combination of photo strain and growing medium that was able to handle up to 6gpg. Which is probably why they have “How to Dial In Feeding For Optimal Results“ on the bottom of their calculator. Sort of like a disclaimer, but definitely some good information for new growers.

Not sure why you dumped your reservoir because with a PPM/EC meter you could easily have added some pure water to your rez and lowered it back down. That’s what I did when I went to 5gpg and realized it was going to cause tip burn. I simply added enough water to get it back down to the PPM reading that I had at the lower dosage. That’s why I never add more than 5 gallons at a time unless I’m going out of town as it’s easier to adjust up or down. Regardless of the flaws in their calculator I still think these nutrients are the best thing since Autopots.

that is better stated than slapping him with a couple of creds. And I agree!
Huh?:shrug:

Kind of you to say, I always run a little paranoid when trying something new. I actually can’t wait for this grow to be over so I can start another one with the knowledge I have gained from this one.

Yes I agree the calculator should be in the ballpark. Although to be honest their calculator is better than any other I have seen. I dare you to use the Advanced Nutrients calculator full strength at any week on their calculator. You will burn your plants up on week one. I’m just saying you can’t trust any calculator as there are too many variables to account for. As for why @Greenleaf Nutrients has it going to 6gpg I don’t understand it myself. Most here have never gone above 5 and 4.5 seems to be the max, but perhaps when they tested it at GLN they used some combination of photo strain and growing medium that was able to handle up to 6gpg. Which is probably why they have “How to Dial In Feeding For Optimal Results“ on the bottom of their calculator. Sort of like a disclaimer, but definitely some good information for new growers.

Not sure why you dumped your reservoir because with a PPM/EC meter you could easily have added some pure water to your rez and lowered it back down. That’s what I did when I went to 5gpg and realized it was going to cause tip burn. I simply added enough water to get it back down to the PPM reading that I had at the lower dosage. That’s why I never add more than 5 gallons at a time unless I’m going out of town as it’s easier to adjust up or down. Regardless of the flaws in their calculator I still think these nutrients are the best thing since Autopots.

Huh?:shrug:

Best thing since autocobs too. I do like the MC product. Just not the calculator math or the whole idea of upping MC instead of decreasing it. Maybe the calc is more dialed in for photos, not autos.

I dumped it because I didn't want to do the math on how to dilute the N and increase PK.

Maybe I'm seeing things that I want to see, but I really did notice my plants perked up a few hours after the change. The canopy is reaching to the lights like they have not over the past few weeks. I'm hoping this is a good thing and I caught this in time to make a difference.

I thought someone was giving you prop's for your growing and I was just saying ya I agree your grows are great.

What PH do you guys aim for with the mega crop?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't PH more about the growing medium you're using than the nutes? I have a mix of coco and peat and some organics and I go for 6.5. With my water and the MC nutes I don't have to adjust PH after mixing it up and let it sit for a day. It settles pretty much at 6.4 to 6.5.

Isn't PH more about the growing medium you're using than the nutes? I have a mix of coco and peat and some organics and I go for 6.5. With my water and the MC nutes I don't have to adjust PH after mixing it up and let it sit for a day. It settles pretty much at 6.4 to 6.5.

Oh ok even better. I’m trying to get better with this PH and Ppm thing so figured I’d ask

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back