Reduce Mega Crop during bloom or not?

It just goes to show the power of advertising. How many millions are spent on those huge glossy adds with wild graphics to sell someone a $30 pint of ......... that’s 99.9% water? Some people grow with MC or jacks and produce great bud. Some people grow with AN and the rest and do just as well. Really just a personal preference and level of comfort.

Now I get the idea and GLN is on the right track. Put it out there and let people grow how they want. I remember reading that they offer a lot of the pre MC goodies for folks that have been with them a long time. And for those that just wanna tweak their formula I say give them the option.

Now if I were GLN I’d offer all three different base formulas for those that feel they work better for them. I think it’s JR Peters ? That offer about 30 different premix bases ( dry frets) for multiple plant types and then sells the individual to supplement personal taste with plant and environment. A 60 day indica and a 120 day sativa are gonna be different plants and within different environments might have a widely different nutrient desire to reach peak.

I’m rambling and probably way off topic. I’ll just hit post and see if it makes sense.
FB

1. Greenleaf says Megacrop is all that's needed.
2. People seem not to believe them.
3. To keep from losing customers to nute companies who do make boosters teas elixirs, Greenleaf is forced to offer them too.
4. Users of these things then take Greenleaf's offering of them as an endorsement of their use.
5. Go to step 1.

A interesting take.
However, before I found megacrop, I bought maxibloom and koolbloom powder to do the Kiss that I’ve had fantastic luck with before.
Before opening either I jumped on the megacrop train so now have those unopened new bags.

I get that megacrop is all I need but going to do one plant with megacrop only, and the other will get diy kool bloom powder concentrates follows ( Thanks to bozo on another forum)
“well, on a site not so long ago, i came across a recipe for a booster from a guy, who knows what hes doing. it is simple, effective, easy to make, stores pretty well, and the bud development is pretty impressive, especially if done in a side by side comparision.

the booster from hell:
1. 6oz of reverse osmosis water
2. 0.65ml (a little less that 1/8 teaspoon) general hydros koolbloom dry

mix well as to dissolve all the crystals. now, check the ppms of the solution. you are looking for a range of 1900-2200 ppm.

dosage: start slow, 5ml per gallon. can be applied with base nutrients or on fresh water feeds. DO NOT use back to back. boost water water boost has whats been working well for me. eventually you want to work it up to about 15-25ml per gallon

alot of people complain of the harshness of koolbloom. with this dilution that does not happen. well, thats it really, any questions, ill try to answer”
Just gonna do it cuz I got it....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mega Crop is the 1-part, solid fertilizer from Greenleaf Nutrients.

DOOOOOOH!!!!!!
Know it now
Must have been toned then........

Anyhooooo
Will be growing in 3 gallon coco Hempy.
I will be reducing MC from 4 grams to 2 grams last week of flower

1. Greenleaf says Megacrop is all that's needed.
2. People seem not to believe them.
3. To keep from losing customers to nute companies who do make boosters teas elixirs, Greenleaf is forced to offer them too.
4. Users of these things then take Greenleaf's offering of them as an endorsement of their use.
5. Go to step 1.

thats actually a pretty good summary!

Mega Crop has NPK+Ca+Mg+trace+extras. Bud Explosion PK booster has 0 Nitrogen, and high PK+Mg.
Using these 2 products, there is pretty extreme customization available. Nitrogen is the main ingredient that you do not want to overdose on, and luckily the plants will tell you very clearly if they have enough or not enough Nitrogen!

We are actually considering releasing a Mega Crop 2 part, would similar to Part 1) Jacks 5-12-26 + Part 2)Calcium Nitrate . The advantage of this high customization and also improved comparability with fertilizer injectors.

Back