Rick's Organic Winter Grow

Nice big beautiful plants you just harvested buddy. Looks like you have plenty of frosty chunky buds to hold you over for awhile.
Are you planning on taking your normal summer break from growing? Hope you don’t disappear for to long. Lol!

Thx 420 I appreciate your encouragement.
I’ve got all kinds of shit stacked up (problems) lol with my rental biz. Part of the deal. I love hangin here checking out everyone’s grows. Hope to stay more active here this summer than last. Feel like I’m sitting on the bench when I can’t grow. Lol

End week 14. Anvil is at day 99, she's coming down as soon as I can get to it.
VooDoo has been drying 10days today. I've been a little disappointed the whole grow
with her staying bunched up and not growing out normally.
I harvested VooDoo day 89. After drying 3 days I made 4 66 gram cobs. These combined
will lose approx 50 grams over the course of the ferment cure. There was 67 grams of bud left to jar cure.
Total of cobs and bud were 308 grams, minus the 50 grams the cobs will lose that comes to 258 grams, 9.21 ozs.
I didn't know what to expect but certainly not disappointed with the yield. :thumbsup:

i4vJbpN.jpg

3J13ld8.jpg

This Anvil Has hardly faded at all but the weather is getting hot this upcoming week and I don't
want to hook up the portable A/C in my grow room. She's starting to throw white pistils and foxtail
anyway so she's coming down today or tomorrow.

zZUPZnc.jpg

a6QebHZ.jpg

xybpXch.jpg

NoFOCeY.jpg

Thanks for looking. I'll post the remaining dry weights as they come ready. :hookah:

Last edited:
Nice plants !
Do you mind sharing your cob process ? temp and duration ?
I will soon try to make some, I've read the tangwena/sweetsue thread but there are sooo much info in there...
Also, what A/C model do you use in your grow room ? I may buy one because I want to be able to grow some even in the middle of heat waves lol
Sorry if I bother you with my noob questions...

Last edited:
Hey Snerval. You’re not bothering me. Lol
I enjoy the conversation about our hobby.
Last year I cobbed over a pound and sweated it all 24hrs at 106f. Fermented all 5 days at 26c/30c. All was good mellow smoke and potent. This time I’ve cobbed a pound so far and will do 3 or 4 more ozs of the Anvil. I’ve cut the sweat and ferment times exactly in half, trying to preserve terps. I’ll post some pics in Dude’s cobbing thread when I’m a little farther along in the process.

Last edited:
Hey Snerval. You’re not bothering me. Lol
I enjoy the conversation about our hobby.
Last year I cobbed over a pound and sweated it all 5 days at 106f. Fermented all 5 days at 26c/30c. All was good mellow smoke and potent. This time I’ve cobbed a pound so far and will do 3 or 4 more ozs of the Anvil. I’ve cut the sweat and ferment times exactly in half, trying to preserve terps. I’ll post some pics in Dude’s cobbing thread when I’m a little farther along in the process.
Oh wow ! you sweated them during 5 days ? I'm confused now lol !
How long did you dry the buds ?
I read in the thread that they sweat for 24h, or 12h for a short one - guess I'll have to experiment to understand the process...
BY the way I just received my vac machine - happy ! ^^
On the other subject, could you share the kind of A/C machine you use ?

@snerval Lol I messed that up! I sweated 24hrs first go around. 12 or less this time at 106f.
My portable A/C is a LG. I think it was $289. Might be better options, I wish I would have put more research into the purchase.
Ok ! Thanks for the clarification :)
I guess your A/C extracts hot air to the outside, right ?
Oh and did you ever cobbed a sativa auto strain ?

Last edited:
Yes the 6" duct from the A/C is hot to the touch when the compressor is running.
I've cobbed mostly sativas, two indicas. Last year was all Night Owl sativas with the exception being
Mephisto CDLC and Double Grape. This year will be 2 sativas and 2 indicas. I like the sativa cob to chew
for daytime.

Yes the 6" duct from the A/C is hot to the touch when the compressor is running.
I've cobbed mostly sativas, two indicas. Last year was all Night Owl sativas with the exception being
Mephisto CDLC and Double Grape. This year will be 2 sativas and 2 indicas. I like the sativa cob to chew
for daytime.
I've never grown a sativa plant - from what they said in the threads they are top notch for cobbing.
I may try one next time - is that a big plant, I mean my tent is only 0,80x0,80x1,80m (sorry don't know what it reads in inches).
Anyway I guess some topping and training should do the job...

Back