Rick's Organic Winter Grow

Rick Dirte'

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Hello all my fellow organic growers! My weed growing adventures started right here in this sub forum 4 1/2 years ago.
My state legalized cannabis in the summer of 2018. I have grown veggies and container plants organically for almost 40 years
but had never grown weed until fall 2018.

I found this website and sub forum and started digging thru the stickies and reading @hecno 's thread and many others.
I made 2 batches of soil Rick's soil mix (link is to post from last year) which I rotate and store in compost tumblers. . I only grow 2 runs a year so each batch is composted 9 months between grows. I continuously amend with ewc, Blue Ribbon compost and various dry amendments. This will be the 6th grow in this batch, I believe.
Big thanks to everybody that I learned from! I have been having good results with my grow style. :thumbsup:

Growing Night Owl seeds Mandela Effect (7 gal), Quicksand Cookies (5gal) and Outlier C (5gal). Jean-O's Straw Dog (7gal) & and VooDoo (7gal). Gnome Anvil (7gal).
They'll be under a Grower's Choice ROI E680 and a HLG 600R both with UVA light bars.

Group Shot. End week 1.

Night Owl Outlier C in back & Quicksand Cookies in front, 8 days old.

bxrcZF4.jpg

Gnome Anvil in back & Jean-O's Straw Dog in front. Anvil day 8. Straw Dog day 7.
Straw Dog is entered in Jean-Os Grow Battle. I have to choose 1 seedling to compete
at the end of this week.

l3y0dup.jpg

Night Owl Mandela Effect in back & Jean-O's VooDoo in front. Mandela Effect 8 days. VooDoo day 7.

Thanks for checking out my grow. See ya next week. :pass:

Last edited by a moderator:
Love the grow room , With your soil that is stored do you feed it , I use molasses at 15 ml a liter , great microbe food .:thumbsup:

Hecno my man! Learned a bunch of stuff from you. :thumbsup: You'd post some chart or info in your thread and I would start googling stuff.
Learned to cob cure cannabis because of one of your posts. Thank you sir.
Yes I feed Recharge or Hardy Grow Ultra Bio to my soil while it's composting and while I grow in it.
My soil just keeps getting better as it ages, just like you said it would.

End of week 2. Just been giving well water, yucca, added Mammoth silica day 8 and Hardy Gro Ultra Bio (once).
These bags are new to me and have a water proof liner 2/3 length inside. Have to see how it affects my watering.

Group

d6yX3bY.jpg

Outlier C day 15.

wcjS3d1.jpg

Quicksand Cookies day 15.

d6I4I47.jpg

Mandela Effect day 15.

Xew99Tv.jpg

Anvil day 15.

jDmHX2P.jpg

Straw Dogs day 14.

n2RC6uH.jpg

VooDoo day 14.

KuPwS1V.jpg

Thanks for looking. Be back next weekend. :peace:

End of week 2. Just been giving well water, yucca, added Mammoth silica day 8 and Hardy Gro Ultra Bio (once).
These bags are new to me and have a water proof liner 2/3 length inside. Have to see how it affects my watering.

Group

d6yX3bY.jpg

Outlier C day 15.

wcjS3d1.jpg

Quicksand Cookies day 15.

d6I4I47.jpg

Mandela Effect day 15.

Xew99Tv.jpg

Anvil day 15.

jDmHX2P.jpg

Straw Dogs day 14.

n2RC6uH.jpg

VooDoo day 14.

KuPwS1V.jpg

Thanks for looking. Be back next weekend. :peace:
Looking healthy Rick! :thumbsup:

End of week 3. Day 21 & 22. They're coming on. Added fish hydrolysate to the watering this morning.
Has been well water, yucca, silica and Ultra Bio once a week so far.

Group shot.

grozU8K.jpg

Night Owl Mandela Effect day 22. Jean-O's VooDoo day 21

6YpZWxm.jpg

hrhdqZf.jpg

ovCgwxz.jpg

Gnome Anvil day 22. Jean-O's Straw Dog day 21.

Z9EL1VC.jpg

XGm72ZD.jpg

Sl0XlFA.jpg

Night Owl Outlier C & Quicksand Cookies day 22.

w6sVyIJ.jpg

341rzBV.jpg

64aHFe6.jpg

Thanks folks, see you next weekend. :smokeout:

Back