Root's Honey Tincture

Down to the last few drops of mine now - been dosing hubby's morning coffee with it. I shall run another batch, especially as I've learned a few tricks as well as buying a more accurate thermometer - heating it to infuse the alcohol in the first place melted mine LOL. The second trick learned was decarb in a roasting bag to keep in the smell. And the third... was the honey.

Thats fantastic!! Thanks!

@Eyes on Fire!
Good to see you, Bud!

Down to the last few drops of mine now - been dosing hubby's morning coffee with it. I shall run another batch, especially as I've learned a few tricks as well as buying a more accurate thermometer - heating it to infuse the alcohol in the first place melted mine LOL. The second trick learned was decarb in a roasting bag to keep in the smell. And the third... was the honey.

Hope hubby enjoys it!
:tonic:

Ooo decarb in a roasting bag? Now that's an idea I'll adopt. Thanks!!

Cheers
Swan

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

This looks great, 2019 is looking sweeet, thanks for the idea :toke:

I have a stir plate used for growing liquid yeast for homebrew, this could provide a constant mix of the honey and tincture 24/7 and I can temp control it too if needs be, I can feel an experiment approaching. Any idea how the commercial honey tinctures are mixed for the dispensaries ?

Okay, so, I am unaware of what processes the Dispensaries use. I know @Root uses a "cold" process, so as not to destroy the natural benefits of Honey, and using Raw honey would be a given. I know she has just used the open air in a warm area of our home, to let the alchohol evaporate. It takes a long time this way. Perhaps if you need to know something more specific, just ask.

This looks great, 2019 is looking sweeet, thanks for the idea :toke:

I have a stir plate used for growing liquid yeast for homebrew, this could provide a constant mix of the honey and tincture 24/7 and I can temp control it too if needs be, I can feel an experiment approaching. Any idea how the commercial honey tinctures are mixed for the dispensaries ?

Hi @PlantRoom
Cool! The constant mixing will help the evaporation and keep it in suspension. :stir:
Let us know how your experiment works! :chef:
If you use heat...some antibacterial properties of raw honey are affected at 98.5 F (39 C) and you start reducing enzymes at 104 F (40 C), so keep the temp down. :d5:

I have no idea how they process commercial tinctures. This is an idea I had that has worked really well for me.:smoking:

Hi @PlantRoom
Cool! The constant mixing will help the evaporation and keep it in suspension. :stir:
If you use heat...some antibacterial properties of raw honey are affected at 98.5 F (39 C) and you start reducing enzymes at 104 F (40 C), so keep the temp down. :d5:

I have no idea how they process commercial tinctures. This is an idea I had that has worked really well for me.:smoking:
Hi @PlantRoom

Reading through this thread and lol... pretty sure it’s not the first time! I have been making green dragon for years but I’m wondering if I could reduce/ cook off at 170 degrees the everclear first(at least most of the alcohol) and then combine with honey... reducing the time involved. Impatience and necessity dictate.

Back