Root's Honey Tincture

Reading through this thread and lol... pretty sure it’s not the first time! I have been making green dragon for years but I’m wondering if I could reduce/ cook off at 170 degrees the everclear first(at least most of the alcohol) and then combine with honey... reducing the time involved. Impatience and necessity dictate.

Everclear will boil at 170 F , it's not necessary to go that high. It will reduce/evaporate at room temp. very slowly.
But, yes...reduce the tincture as strong as you want before you mix it with the honey (so you don' t heat the honey).

Great thread @Root , thanks for sharing. I use an Ardent Lift as well, and just make capsule of decarbed pot to use for micro-dosing at night. But I have been reading that sublingual tinctures are quicker to feel the effect of the meds, and this from the Ardent page, "...Decreased bioavailability in the digestive tract results in absorption of only 10% to 20% of cannabinoids. ...". So I am wondering if it is possible to "level up" from my current regimen of just ingesting properly decarbed cannabis?

Add to all of this, I have a significant amount of buddage from a seed project this spring that I have no idea the amount of THC or the amount I should use (since there is a lesser % of THC) for ingestion. I am thinking this deseeded bud would be a good use for some testing on my part of a tincture tailored to my needs.

Also, what is the shelf life of this tincture once fully made and activated?

TIA for any help!

Great thread @Root , thanks for sharing. I use an Ardent Lift as well, and just make capsule of decarbed pot to use for micro-dosing at night. But I have been reading that sublingual tinctures are quicker to feel the effect of the meds, and this from the Ardent page, "...Decreased bioavailability in the digestive tract results in absorption of only 10% to 20% of cannabinoids. ...". So I am wondering if it is possible to "level up" from my current regimen of just ingesting properly decarbed cannabis?

Add to all of this, I have a significant amount of buddage from a seed project this spring that I have no idea the amount of THC or the amount I should use (since there is a lesser % of THC) for ingestion. I am thinking this deseeded bud would be a good use for some testing on my part of a tincture tailored to my needs.

Also, what is the shelf life of this tincture once fully made and activated?

TIA for any help!
I made some on 8-28-19, 64 days ago. Its sitting out not in fridge and it's fine, almost gone but fine. I put 1-1.5 tbsp in coffee mug, I then pour about 4-6oz of coffee in and mix. I swish it around my mouth, under my tongue and then I swallow it. I do it in 2 or 3 sips. When I do that instead of just swallowing I get a much more intense space day lol. Stuff got strong then seemed to go away, but not so fast here it comes again. The highest for the longest I've been ever, was with honey lol. I did mine different tho, still would be strong. I think the alcohol plays a part too if you leave some in. I had like 22oz of honey still have like 3-4oz left. Next time it will be maple syrup, I actually dont like honey hahaha.

Back