Rosin pressing ?

There’s an extraction and processing section on here. I’m not well versed enough to help you out, but there’s a few members on here that are always squishin something.

For me, I hang dry my plants whole, and after 2-4 days is perfect to pick the lesser nugs and throw them in the chest freezer to run some “fresh” frozen bubble hash. But that’s a bit different than pressin flower.

It's my understanding that the best time to press flower is 2 weeks into the cure? I've also read people recommend right after dry? Does it matter? I guess what I'm really asking is whats best for taste and return.Straw Nuggets is the strain.Thanks.

The earlier you press the flower the lighter the color should be the longer it cures the more the trichomes oxidize and the rosin becomes darker. I believe the earlier stuff has more flavor but that is also strain dependent bottom any time is good as long as moisture is right in the buds. Too wet makes a very nasty unpleasant tasting dabs that sizzles when it hits the banger. The dryer it is the yield decreases 62%-65% in jars is where I like to be

The earlier you press the flower the lighter the color should be the longer it cures the more the trichomes oxidize and the rosin becomes darker. I believe the earlier stuff has more flavor but that is also strain dependent bottom any time is good as long as moisture is right in the buds. Too wet makes a very nasty unpleasant tasting dabs that sizzles when it hits the banger. The dryer it is the yield decreases 62%-65% in jars is where I like to be
Thanks for taking the time👍

It's my understanding that the best time to press flower is 2 weeks into the cure? I've also read people recommend right after dry? Does it matter? I guess what I'm really asking is whats best for taste and return.Straw Nuggets is the strain.Thanks.
In my limited experience, the end result seems to depend more on genetics than timing as long as you get the bud to the right moisture content. I have had excellent results from right after the dry to after being in the freezer for over a year, and have had crap results from other strains which should have produced. Mind you, I don't even own a dab rig, I use the rosin for medibles or tincture, so I am no expert on the flavor.

Bottom line to me is to do the pressing when needed or convenient as long as the rest of the process is sorted. Oh, and enjoy that SN. I happen to have one finishing up right now, and am looking forward to trying the bud. :pighug:

In my limited experience, the end result seems to depend more on genetics than timing as long as you get the bud to the right moisture content. I have had excellent results from right after the dry to after being in the freezer for over a year, and have had crap results from other strains which should have produced. Mind you, I don't even own a dab rig, I use the rosin for medibles or tincture, so I am no expert on the flavor.

Bottom line to me is to do the pressing when needed or convenient as long as the rest of the process is sorted. Oh, and enjoy that SN. I happen to have one finishing up right now, and am looking forward to trying the bud. :pighug:
Thanks for the reply and tips.I bought SN because Meph stated it would be a good little hash plant.Not so easy to train but it's stacking pretty decent under it's canopy.

Thanks for the reply and tips.I bought SN because Meph stated it would be a good little hash plant.Not so easy to train but it's stacking pretty decent under it's canopy.
Mine is pretty much as described, compact and short, but she is stacking well, and should produce reasonably. I am looking forward to trying it out. :pighug:

Back