rotten smell after 3 days without water

ocurioso

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
The pots have a capacity of 15L. I watered them with 2L on Thursday, and when I left on Friday at 5:00 pm they looked fine with no signs of distress. I returned today at 7:00 pm and they were wilted. The temperature history from the meter showed a maximum of 30°C and humidity of 35%, with a minimum humidity of 41% at 26°C.

I thought they just needed water, but after watering them with 2.5L of nutrient solution that I prepared on Thursday, a foul smell arose. I'm worried it might be the roots.

their diary: https://www.autoflower.org/threads/rqs-2x-mimosa-1-orion-f1-first-grow.90939/page-3

WhatsApp Image 2023-09-03 at 20.31.08.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-03 at 20.31.09 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-09-03 at 20.31.09.jpeg

@hecno @Drownomatic @DCLXVI

There is a combination of problems you have , Roots will be one of them , a lot of damage will be done , Temp and humidity is another here is a chart for you to look at .
Leaf-Vapor-Pressure-Deficit-VPD-5.jpg

with the high heat and low humidity the damage to the leaf's will be a big problem , If the high heat came in early the plants can't transpire which means the water in the pot is more which in turn may have cooked the roots , or at the very least a lot of damage is done to the root system , If it was my plants I would not bother to go any further with them , I am sorry it happened to you , but it can be a silver lining for you -- learn by your mistakes and study what a Cannabis plant --- needs --- Temp - Humidity - water - nutrients and what they do and how - and growing medium - There are no short cuts , but if you stick to it you will become the grower you want to be ,

Hecno

There is a combination of problems you have , Roots will be one of them , a lot of damage will be done , Temp and humidity is another here is a chart for you to look at . View attachment 1629262
with the high heat and low humidity the damage to the leaf's will be a big problem , If the high heat came in early the plants can't transpire which means the water in the pot is more which in turn may have cooked the roots , or at the very least a lot of damage is done to the root system , If it was my plants I would not bother to go any further with them , I am sorry it happened to you , but it can be a silver lining for you -- learn by your mistakes and study what a Cannabis plant --- needs --- Temp - Humidity - water - nutrients and what they do and how - and growing medium - There are no short cuts , but if you stick to it you will become the grower you want to be ,

Hecno
niiiice table, thanks @hecno
thanks @Drownomatic

you have been helping me a lot, may you receive a lot of positive energy in your life

So they've recovered a bit? My first guess was the bottom of the pots being too wet, root rot. But 2L into 15L of soil shouldn't be too much especially after a couple days. What was the pH of your feed/water? If they are looking better, stay the course.

Watering is a bit of an art. By weight is easiest but you can also just stick a finger into the soil. 2nd knuckle deep should be moist like a nice chocolate cake.

Back