Autoflower RQS 2x Mimosa, 1 Orion F1 - First Grow

Day 39 to 47

What HEAT in my city, reaching 37C. I won't be planting indoors next summer, šŸ„µ. The temperature in the grow reached 32 today, so I gave them 6 hours of darkness. These days I've been keeping them in the dark for 5 to 6 hours in the afternoon to mitigate the heat. I felt they didn't grow, but with this heat, it's tough, :lol:
Last week's temperature was between 27C to 29C after the last report. This week it's between 28C to 30C. I'm maintaining humidity at 40 to 50%.

I changed my initial strategy, which was to use bat guano + bloom booster on one of the plants. After seeing some reviews of the brand I bought, I decided I'll use it for the next grow at the start, mixed with the soil as I did this time.

Day 42
On day 42 (08/18), I noticed that the leaves of the larger mimosa were starting to wilt, so I gave 2.5L of water distributed among all the pots. The pH in the pot was 6.5.

• 1 ml RQS Bigger Flower (NPK 1-0-0)
  • 1 ml RQS Thicker Flowers (PK 3-5)
  • 1 ml RQS Sweeter Flowers (NPK 1-0-3)
  • 4 ml Plagron Sugar Royal
  • 1ml Biobizz CalMag
Day 46
On day 46, the pH of the plants was at 7.5. I believe this is because of the RQS easy grow, which has some sulfates that raise the soil's pH over time. Again, I noticed the leaves of the larger mimosa were wilting, so I gave another 2.3L of water distributed among all the pots. This time, I switched out RQS Bigger Flowers for Bloom Booster TA(GHE). I'll alternate between the two for each watering.
  • 4 ml T.A Bloom booster
  • 1 ml RQS Thicker Flowers (PK 3-5)
  • 1 ml RQS Sweeter Flowers (NPK 1-0-3)
  • 2 ml Biobizz CalMag
Next week, I want to change my watering strategy. I'm thinking of splitting it every 3 days instead of every 4 days. The heat is high, but the weather forecast says it will decrease next week.

orion.jpeg

girls2.jpeggirls.jpegorion f1.jpegbig mimosa.jpegmimosa cut.jpegaccidentally cut mimosa in LST.jpeg

Day 48 to 61

The temperature dropped to 26Ā°C with the lights off and is around 29Ā°C with the lights on. However, I have an additional Mars Hydro TS1000 inside the tent that arrived this week. It's running at 100% of its power, and my old 150w LED is at 40% to 50% power. They are positioned 50cm apart.

I watered on day 54 (08/31) with 2.2L at a pH of 6, and another watering at 5.40 because the soil pH was at 6.70 in one pot and 7 in another. The solution was distributed among the three plants with the same nutrients as the last post. I traveled on day 55 (09/01) and returned on day 57 (09/03), and they looked like this:

sad.jpeg

I became concerned when there was a rotten smell after I added the nutrients mixed on day 55. I feared root rot. According to the VPD chart, they entered the "danger zone." They are real warriors, enduring the heat in this extremely hot summer, and they are drinking more and more. After watering:

happy.jpeg

Here's the link to the question in the infirmary: https://www.autoflower.org/threads/rotten-smell-after-3-days-without-water.91128/

I've been feeding them every 2 or 3 days with about 2L of water. Below, I'm providing the chart I mentioned above. I'd like to extend my thanks to @hecno , @Drownomatic , @DCLXVI for always answering my questions and providing information. I've learned so much from this first cultivation, and I'm loving it

Leaf-Vapor-Pressure-Deficit-VPD-5.jpg

Now the most recent images of them are below. Orion is progressing well, but the mimosas have stalled. The mimosa that was cut is slightly ahead of the other mimosa.

orion.jpeg

mimosa cut.jpeg

mimosa.jpeg

3.jpeg

orion only.jpeg

You did a good job getting them back to life , This grow will set the foundation for future grows . :d5:

Getting to the finish is a great accomplishment on your first run. You've got at least a couple nice thick buds going.

What is your feed/water schedule looking like?

Day 49 - 56 (09/15)

Temperature still between 26 with lights off and 29 with lights on. Today, I left the grow room door open and managed to lower it by 1 degree. Noting that the Mars Hydro TS1000 is at 100% and my other 150w LED (which by the way heats up much more than the Mars) is at 50%, totaling 225w in the tent. I can't wait for autumn/winter to arrive so I can run both lamps at 100%. Humidity is between 50 to 55.

Taking the opportunity to answer @hecno and @DCLXVI , yes, this first cultivation was a huge learning experience and I'm glad I didn't let anyone die :toke: I changed the watering schedule; I'm preparing a mixture of nutrients in 1L of water for each plant every 3 days. I noticed they no longer wilt, there's runoff water, and the yellow leaves seem to have decreased.

First watering of the week:
  • 1,3 ml RQS Bigger Flower (NPK 1-0-0)
  • 1,3 ml RQS Thicker Flowers (PK 3-5)
  • 1,3 ml RQS Sweeter Flowers (NPK 1-0-3)
  • 1,3ml Biobizz CalMag

Second watering of the week:
  • 1,3 ml RQS Bigger Flower (NPK 1-0-0)
  • 1,3 ml RQS Thicker Flowers (PK 3-5)
  • 1,3 ml RQS Sweeter Flowers (NPK 1-0-3)
  • 3 ml Bloom Booster
  • 1,3ml Biobizz CalMag
  • I added 3g mycorryza around the stems
I added mycorrhiza to try to reduce stress and bring back some bacterial life to my soil. I've been reading a lot about living soil, saw your thread @hecno , and for my next planting, I've found inputs near where I live to build a living soil. I no longer want to use bottled nutrients.

I noticed that one of the mimosas is stagnant. I see the mimosa that was accidentally cut during LST more evolved, and Orion as well. I wanted the opinion of those who follow this journal, am I being too anxious?

Reading more about the nutrients I'm using, Bigger Flowers has fulvic and humic acid which help with roots and flowering. Sweet Flowers is a mix of amino acids and potassium, and Thicker Flowers is basically potassium and phosphorus. Would you recommend something to revitalize the roots? Maybe keep an early flower vpd? because at the moment I'm leaving it in mid and late flower because of Orion

A friend who doesn't grow asked, "how long until harvest?"

I said 1.5 months. I wanted to know from you all @Drownomatic @hecno @DCLXVI

This is the one I think is more stagnant --- Big Mimosa:
mimosa.jpeg

Mimosa Cut:
Mimosa-cut.jpeg

Orion
orionside.jpeg

My three daughters:
3.jpeg

Attachments

• orion.jpeg
    orion.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
Not bad mate! The only thing I would change up is to have a couple plain watering sessions between feeds. I'd say you haven't overdone it keeping the feeds light as you have. Of course I couldn't grow worth a darn in bagged soil and went full coco/synthetic. Hecno is an amazing grower.

So if I have it correct you are at day 62 as of today ? Have you checked the tricones to see what stage they are at , and as @DCLXVI said pace your feeding out , I see you where using a N.P.K 2.3.8 going back your [ k] seems to be a lot higher than your [ P ] I would have a bit more [K] , but at this stage stick with what you know so we can get the plants to the end , So what we want now is a tricone shot to see where we are at . :thumbsup:

Hello everyone, I hope you all are doing well. I'll post more about them at the end of the week!

But here are some pictures of Orion. On the RQS website, it says it's 70 days. At some point, I got lost and messed up the day count; sometimes I write while smoking, so please forgive me. They were germinated and transferred to soil on July 7th, so today marks 76 days.

I've attached some photos here, but this is the link to view them in raw quality. You can zoom in and see the details of the entire bud:
https://www.icloud.com/photos/#0c4uY1BGlbT5IJN5LSF-zRlVQ @hecno

orion-tric4.PNG

orion-tric.PNG

orion-tric3.PNG
orion-tric2.PNG

Not bad mate! The only thing I would change up is to have a couple plain watering sessions between feeds. I'd say you haven't overdone it keeping the feeds light as you have. Of course I couldn't grow worth a darn in bagged soil and went full coco/synthetic. Hecno is an amazing grower.
Good, I liked the idea this week I will give a little a day, alternating just water and nutrients

Back