Sativa, Indica, Ruderalis - Is it all BS?

Someone needs to try to re-create that in a modern auto form. I had that stuff once or twice in like 1981 and I think that by the time I got to Gainesville in the late 80s for graduate school, it had been supplanted by, well, everything else
Supposedly, sunshine cannabis out of sth fla. has it but they license to truly eve to produce oil and vape...only thing I could find on province was that they couldn't reveal their source..i.e. we grew something similar and stole/patented the name....fvcking corporations.

The stuff I’ve seen in the local press, etc. says that that is BS. Also you can’t protect intellectual property if it’s illegal. That’s why everybody is stealing all of these old strange names and using other peoples strains to create their own hybridized ones and just freely admitting that they’re stealing. No recourse

All this stuff that happens in the community over breeders stealing genetics etc will be just memories in the not too distant future as the big boys enter the market and breed us all out of existence. The sterile, well constructed and vigorous triploids are about to enter the scene, they will seem basic once other genetic manipulation technologies start to become common.

All this stuff that happens in the community over breeders stealing genetics etc will be just memories in the not too distant future as the big boys enter the market and breed us all out of existence. The sterile, well constructed and vigorous triploids are about to enter the scene, they will seem basic once other genetic manipulation technologies start to become common.
How do they stop us from breeding cannabis?

I've always felt like the distinction between indica and sativa was mostly artificial, having as much to do with regional distinction in soil and climate as any genetic varience.

Ruderalis probably is a separate subspecies based on a lot more differences in morphology and photo behavior.

There is more mythology among cannabis growers than any subculture I've ever seen.
Ruderalis is distinguished by its prehistoric genetics. I agree it is something very different !

Altria buying up small grow farms already [altria owns Marlboro, etc] and when Monsanto goes boom - damn Monsanto using LLCs already to buy up 60% of hydroponic shops in southwestern ohio and northern ky

I think the discussion about strains not being as good as in the 70's needs to include where it was grown as having a big effect on how it turned out. elevation, temp, soil, humidity lat/long. etc. So many things go into it. How can a grow room mirror that?
I will have some 70's Hawaiian if you please. But many others stand out as excellent back in my youth.

I think the discussion about strains not being as good as in the 70's needs to include where it was grown as having a big effect on how it turned out. elevation, temp, soil, humidity lat/long. etc. So many things go into it. How can a grow room mirror that?
I will have some 70's Hawaiian if you please. But many others stand out as excellent back in my youth.
Nothing can mimic the sun like we want. I always wanted to do an indoor grow identical to the light cycle outside. Because it varies it is a moving target. For example outside it's not 12/12 for 60 days. I wonder if quality of grow [potency and yield] skyrocket in an indoor grow if you mimic what the outdoor conditions [actual light/dark] is. Even better if you could know exact origin and mimic that

Nothing can mimic the sun like we want.

When I was a wee lad (teens in the 80s) my dad grew some Panama Red in a greenhouse in WV late in the season. It stayed fairly cool in the greenhouse and the combination of real sunlight and cool mountain air - that plant was one of the most amazing bowls I've ever smoked. He didn't have a clue that I knew about it lol.

Back