Sativa scrog questions...

Anyone? I've also just switched from MH to HPS at about week 3...

Hi all, never done scrog or photoperiods before, and really appreciate some advice on whether or not to trim below the net, or keep tucking etc. Pics on the linked thread below....
Many thanks in advance!

I grow scrog and photoperiods. Here's my method.

A couple of days before flower I strip the lady's of all their large fan leaves and tidy up the bottom 2/3 of the plant then I place the net over them and spread them out, making sure the net is tight like guitar string if possible... I'm useing 4inch (10cm) netting at the moment but thinking of changing to 3inch, the small net hole I feel may make it easier on spreading them out.

As they go into flower I keep tucking until the end of week 2 and sometimes into week 3.
This is all strain dependent, some will do all there stretching in the second week and some in the thrid. You just have to grow them a few times to work the kinks out. All my keepers get a minimum of 3 grow outs before I get rid of them or decide they may stay for a bit.

This lot is at day 5 from the flip just starting to show sex.
20221103_162554.jpg

At Day 21 or there abouts I do the final leaf strip by removing all large fan leaves and everything below the net line. This helps with air flow and is a must. If you don't have air passing through that canopy and up through the net it may hurt your yeild.

I like to strip at the end of week 3 as I find I then don't have to touch them until harvest. But on the odd occasion a leaf pick at the end of week 6 maybe needed to get the better light to lower buds that maybe covered up.

Here's below the net line, you can see how much I've striped. I only leave the stems/branches that I feel will stretch through the netting.

20221103_162606.jpg

20221103_162611.jpg

Here is a one plant auto scrog I have currently growing in a 5 sqft tent. It’s being held down with a 3 inch net and I have a 6 inch net hanging in the back waiting on standby for when the colas start getting heavy. I completely leaf stripped the plant around the second week of flower and once again 10 days later. Wanted to wait a little longer before the last strip but it’s getting very tight inside the tent and thought it would be best if I did it while I could still get in there. Would have been easier if the tent I’m using would unzip around the sides instead of just in front.

2 weeks ago before the first schwazzing
1667495790297.jpeg
1667495805396.jpeg

This is after
1667495910022.jpeg

10 days later before the second schwazz
1667496015009.jpeg

After
1667496150995.jpeg
1667496181766.jpeg

Here is a one plant auto scrog I have currently growing in a 5 sqft tent. It’s being held down with a 3 inch net and I have a 6 inch net hanging in the back waiting on standby for when the colas start getting heavy. I completely leaf stripped the plant around the second week of flower and once again 10 days later. Wanted to wait a little longer before the last strip but it’s getting very tight inside the tent and thought it would be best if I did it while I could still get in there. Would have been easier if the tent I’m using would unzip around the sides instead of just in front.

2 weeks ago before the first schwazzing
View attachment 1534335View attachment 1534336

This is after
View attachment 1534338

10 days later before the second schwazz
View attachment 1534339

After
View attachment 1534341View attachment 1534342

Cracking job

giphy (27).gif

Back