Seedling Veinal chlorosis, ongoing problem with multiple setups

Hello is your ph pen reading right is it a amazon one or a good one ??

HI, I use one from bluelab: Bluelab Combo Meter
I recalibrated recently, it reads distilled water from the store at 7.0, what else can I test for accuracy?
Hello blue lab are good thats what i use if you have calibrated it with fresh soultion it should be right if its old souliton it can go off and give false calibration which has happend to me before so it is worth checking.
i have had the same issue as you seedling after seedling dying when i first started growing turned out to be my blue lab ph pen was reading wrong got a new one problem soleved dont give up its some thing simple

Hello blue lab are good thats what i use if you have calibrated it with fresh soultion it should be right if its old souliton it can go off and give false calibration which has happend to me before so it is worth checking.
i have had the same issue as you seedling after seedling dying when i first started growing turned out to be my blue lab ph pen was reading wrong got a new one problem soleved dont give up its some thing simple
Yeah, I'm gonna try a test going super simple this time. Now that it's warm enough, I'm going to put one outside, little bit of seedling mix soil to start off in a larger pot of something with some food in it, and go water only under the sun. Haven't had that fail me too bad before, at least always grew a plant. I'll keep doing some tests inside in the meantime.

Yeah, I'm gonna try a test going super simple this time. Now that it's warm enough, I'm going to put one outside, little bit of seedling mix soil to start off in a larger pot of something with some food in it, and go water only under the sun. Haven't had that fail me too bad before, at least always grew a plant. I'll keep doing some tests inside in the meantime.
I like to keep it simple i grow in coco as i am crap at growing in soil

Mate I feel for you . I am in Australia and know nothing about your soil type , but I recon ditch the soil as it seems to be a ongoing problem , you may even be getting leaching from the soil to around your seedling root zone . -- Just a thought --

Mate I feel for you . I am in Australia and know nothing about your soil type , but I recon ditch the soil as it seems to be a ongoing problem , you may even be getting leaching from the soil to around your seedling root zone . -- Just a thought --
Cheers friend from across the world! Currently all the soils used are peat or coco based, in pots, fresh soil out of the bag each time. Nothing in the natural ground, yet at least :thumbsup::)

try this combo and you should see an improvement. Get water from one of those ro machines outside the grocery store or whatever. use #7 cloth pots. Fill the pots with soil ahead of time and water them in..keep soil evenly hydrated. use 2 cups seedling starter in center of the pot. soak seeds 24 hrs then plant directly into the soil. no feed no additives for at least 2 weeks. no need to ph. This is a basic recipe that will yield results and can be built upon as you figure out the process. It can also be reamended and reused.. with a few other simple ingredients.. ill usually throw the used soil into a tote and add some red worms and a few other things and start more soil while that is being aged.. You end up with a tote full of very rich soil that will require further aeration eventually.. I like to use rice hulls.
This is all the help I can offer as a lowly dirt farmer... ide be frustrated if I were you! Way to keep at it tho! If this interests you I can go into further detail if you want to pm me.
GL

Attachments

• 3410251557.jpg
    3410251557.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 7
  • oceanforest_12qt.png
    oceanforest_12qt.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 8
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 717LutK793L._SX466_.jpg
    717LutK793L._SX466_.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 6
Hey guys, new week, new update post. I tried some new things this time. I put 4 plants in my usual 4x4 tent in the autopots, 2 plants in 5 gallon smart pots in my 2x4 "drying tent", and 1 plant in a much larger pot I had outside normally used for ornamental flowers in the summer. All of the inside plants are in Sohum Living Soil with a portion replaced with seedling mix where the seeds were planted. For the outside plant, I used soils from my previous tests that have been sitting outside and mixed together. All of the pots were wetted with hose water, no ph checking or anything. Seeds were all directly sowed in moistened soil. The 2x4 tent using my old Enjoyield diy-240 light about 40% power 12" or so above them, haven't actually measured it. Also this tent has no controller, so I have no idea the humidity level or temp. This is day 5 above ground I believe.

This is about what all the 4x4 tent plants look like:
20230521_112421.jpg

Pretty much same as usual for this thread.

Here is where things get interesting, the 2x4 tent:
20230521_112319.jpg

Both plants in here look pretty much the same, and much better than the plants in the 4x4.

Here is the outside plant:
20230521_113041.jpg

As is the case with the 2x4 this plant also looks much more normal than the 4x4 plants.

I wonder what this could mean. All of the big tent plant look on the road to failure again, the other plants look pretty good. I've tried smart pots in the big tent and the 2x4 tent's light in the big tent in previous tests and neither helped the plants in there. Could the actual tent be infected with something causing this? This is all so very confusing, even though I feel like I might actually have a few on the way to growing properly, I'm only left with more questioning why this is happening.

try this combo and you should see an improvement. Get water from one of those ro machines outside the grocery store or whatever. use #7 cloth pots. Fill the pots with soil ahead of time and water them in..keep soil evenly hydrated. use 2 cups seedling starter in center of the pot. soak seeds 24 hrs then plant directly into the soil. no feed no additives for at least 2 weeks. no need to ph. This is a basic recipe that will yield results and can be built upon as you figure out the process. It can also be reamended and reused.. with a few other simple ingredients.. ill usually throw the used soil into a tote and add some red worms and a few other things and start more soil while that is being aged.. You end up with a tote full of very rich soil that will require further aeration eventually.. I like to use rice hulls.
This is all the help I can offer as a lowly dirt farmer... ide be frustrated if I were you! Way to keep at it tho! If this interests you I can go into further detail if you want to pm me.
GL
Sorry for no reply here. I will keep this in mind. I've currently spent about all I can this month, I may give this a shot in a future grow after a few paychecks ;)

Thanks for the information!

Back