Seedling Veinal chlorosis, ongoing problem with multiple setups

I know it's kind of late, and maybe your meter is different but I thought that distilled water is bad news for any pH measuring device.
Thats not true, distilled water at 68° should read 7.0. My meter actually suggests storing in distilled water if you use it regularly and only storing in actually storing fluid if theres weeks between uses.

Thats not true, distilled water at 68° should read 7.0. My meter actually suggests storing in distilled water if you use it regularly and only storing in actually storing fluid if theres weeks between uses.
Ok, I took this directly from their (bluelabs) website:

"De-ionized, distilled, Pure or RO (reverse osmosis) water should never be used to store or hydrate a pH probe or pen. Pure water will affect the chemistry of your reference solution inside of your pH probe, and this will cause the probe or pen to fail prematurely."

Of course follow your manufacturers directions for your ph meter.

Ok, I took this directly from their (bluelabs) website:

"De-ionized, distilled, Pure or RO (reverse osmosis) water should never be used to store or hydrate a pH probe or pen. Pure water will affect the chemistry of your reference solution inside of your pH probe, and this will cause the probe or pen to fail prematurely."

Of course follow your manufacturers directions for your ph meter.
Screenshot_20231123_204802_Chrome.jpg

The detailed instructions say distilled water.

Edit, you are right, it does say to not use distilled water. Just regular water. I completely misread that.

Last edited:
Back