Simoigets nEw And iMproved all-time favorite Mephisto SIP grow

Looking good!
Some malted barley powder in the top dress once she’s in flower will treat you well!
cheers
os
LOL! I did that yesterday, but with blended fresh malted barley. I was mainly doing it for my worms in a new bin. They go crazy for it like an avacado bomb..........all Feedin' N Breedin'!
I added a little diluted FFJ to get it to blend up into a firm slurry. I apply it in a solid layer in half of the worm bin and apply thinly as topdress for my girl..........not a solid layer, but it's in an earthbox and I really don't think it will hurt with the moisture levels there, it should get incorporated quickly from all the little helpers. I'd just rather not tempt fate with it possibly crusting up.

noted!..will do
That was one of the things I used to help my dolomite OD girls in my last run.
I blended freshly malted barley very finely and squeezed out the juice. I added that to a finished brewing compost tea that also had Recharge brewing for two hours at the end. I applied to the top after a full day of the rez dried out. Lots of good hormones!

Day 35..

It's kinda cool how every grow is different, even when running repeat strains.

This summer has had some hot weather for us as I think it has for so many. We have been blessed with breaks though and we are getting rain.

I have periods where my temps are reaching the high 80s in the tent, which is a record for me, I think it has contributed to the tall lanky plants I have.

Overall though things look decent, although the walter white just isn't really thriving. The double grape in the junior is raging pretty good right now and well into flower and stretching like a mofo..prob should have done some lst?

The forgotten cookies is lagging behind in flowering but showing some great potential.

Top dressing small amounts of kelp, osf, ewc and barley/bokashi top watering in microbes every 2 weeks. Just keeping the res about 1/2 to 3/4 full at a time and trying to let it draw down dry before refilling.

Tent shot..forgotten cookies on the left, walter white back right and double g front right.

20210805_124941.jpg
20210805_125013.jpg

Double G, showing some canoeing on the leaves, heat and light stress I think. Double g is always fast to flower I find.

20210805_125017.jpg

Forgotten cookies, showing a nice structure

20210805_125039.jpg

Walter just not keeping up..

20210805_125045.jpg

Worms seem to be happy, they never stick around for photo ops tho

20210805_125831.jpg

I included these last 2 shots in Hope's you guys could help me with this one. I have noticed a lot of twisting leaves on this grow. Have had them in previous grows too. Any idea what causes this? @Organic Sinse ?? Any one else??

20210805_134925.jpg
20210805_140231.jpg

Attachments

• 20210805_125007.jpg
    20210805_125007.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 25
Looking good! Double grape is some of the best smelling stuff I’ve ever grown, smelled like blueberry nutri-grain when it was growing and getting more sour the longer it cures.
To clear up something you talked about in an earlier post, forgotten cookies is called that because it’s fugue state (Mephisto’s take on amnesia) and forum stomper (Mephisto’s Girl Scout cookies)

Looking good! Double grape is some of the best smelling stuff I’ve ever grown, smelled like blueberry nutri-grain when it was growing and getting more sour the longer it cures.
To clear up something you talked about in an earlier post, forgotten cookies is called that because it’s fugue state (Mephisto’s take on amnesia) and forum stomper (Mephisto’s Girl Scout cookies)
nice! thanks! makes sense! yes I have always found double grape to be one of the highest quality Meph strains that I have personally grown

nice! thanks! makes sense! yes I have always found double grape to be one of the highest quality Meph strains that I have personally grown
Have you tried Pinot Noir? Can’t recommend it highly enough, only grown 1 so far but it was like double grape with chunkier buds and a gassy edge… beautiful.

I included these last 2 shots in Hope's you guys could help me with this one. I have noticed a lot of twisting leaves on this grow. Have had them in previous grows too. Any idea what causes this? @Organic Sinse ?? Any one else??
IDK but have had it happen from time to time. Doesn't seem to be harmful that I've seen. They find their way back

Day 35..

It's kinda cool how every grow is different, even when running repeat strains.

This summer has had some hot weather for us as I think it has for so many. We have been blessed with breaks though and we are getting rain.

I have periods where my temps are reaching the high 80s in the tent, which is a record for me, I think it has contributed to the tall lanky plants I have.

Overall though things look decent, although the walter white just isn't really thriving. The double grape in the junior is raging pretty good right now and well into flower and stretching like a mofo..prob should have done some lst?

The forgotten cookies is lagging behind in flowering but showing some great potential.

Top dressing small amounts of kelp, osf, ewc and barley/bokashi top watering in microbes every 2 weeks. Just keeping the res about 1/2 to 3/4 full at a time and trying to let it draw down dry before refilling.

Tent shot..forgotten cookies on the left, walter white back right and double g front right.

View attachment 1352174View attachment 1352177

Double G, showing some canoeing on the leaves, heat and light stress I think. Double g is always fast to flower I find.

View attachment 1352180

Forgotten cookies, showing a nice structure

View attachment 1352181

Walter just not keeping up..

View attachment 1352182

Worms seem to be happy, they never stick around for photo ops tho

View attachment 1352183

View attachment 1352184View attachment 1352185
Funny you should mention the twisted leaves. I had that happen to just one nodes worth of leaves-both sides, on both plants I just ran on my outdoor grow. I have no idea why they do that or what it’s about. It was very cool and very rainy here. It was almost like the plant was saying “hey I’m doing this so you can leave my leaves intact”, for that was actually the case. I just went with it.
For what it’s worth, I was really unimpressed with Walter White‘s vigor and overall as a strain. But…I don’t want to talk shit about old Walter cause you cross him with anything and it’s 4 Alarm fire with incredible smell and flavor. Every time!
Your grow is looking great. Keep on SIPing along brother.
cheers
os

Day 47 update

Garden is looking good, tent is definetly more filled than the last grow and plants are tall and stretchy.

If I can get the buds to fatten and put on good weight I think I can achieve a new personal best yield. But that remains to be seen.

The lights are maxed out at the top of the tent, the forgotten cookies in particular has exploded and I had to tie the top down to give me more breathing room.I like to keep a healthy amount of space between my tops and the lights, especially the LED. But I think we are going to be ok, the walter white and double g flowered earlier and are done stretching now mostly.

I am weekly top watering and doing light top dresses of ewc and a few other amendments, barley,kelp and a new addition for me is fishbone meal.

Also bi weekly top watering with microbes and aloe water.

@Organic Sinse I am loving the bark nuggets! They are a great addition and many thanks again to you!

The few fungus gnats I mentioned a few posts ago are history after watering in some BTI, I really cant recomend this enough to anyone fighting gnats, it works very well!

Bit of a random pic dump...

20210812_103413.jpg

This is the forgotten cookies, turning into a bush, I am very eager to finish this one!

20210813_194419.jpg

Tent shot, Fc on the left, dg front right and walter in the back

20210817_192149.jpg
20210817_192157.jpg
20210817_192201.jpg

This last one is walter, she is coming around and not looking too bad, I have not been top dressing her as much as she just didnt really look like she needed it. I still have hope she will finish well.

20210817_192226.jpg

This grow is flying by as I have been busy with other life stuff. Just coming down the home stretch here soon! Peace and happy growing to all!!

Day 47 update

Garden is looking good, tent is definetly more filled than the last grow and plants are tall and stretchy.

If I can get the buds to fatten and put on good weight I think I can achieve a new personal best yield. But that remains to be seen.

The lights are maxed out at the top of the tent, the forgotten cookies in particular has exploded and I had to tie the top down to give me more breathing room.I like to keep a healthy amount of space between my tops and the lights, especially the LED. But I think we are going to be ok, the walter white and double g flowered earlier and are done stretching now mostly.

I am weekly top watering and doing light top dresses of ewc and a few other amendments, barley,kelp and a new addition for me is fishbone meal.

Also bi weekly top watering with microbes and aloe water.

@Organic Sinse I am loving the bark nuggets! They are a great addition and many thanks again to you!

The few fungus gnats I mentioned a few posts ago are history after watering in some BTI, I really cant recomend this enough to anyone fighting gnats, it works very well!

Bit of a random pic dump...

View attachment 1356631

This is the forgotten cookies, turning into a bush, I am very eager to finish this one!

View attachment 1356632

Tent shot, Fc on the left, dg front right and walter in the back

View attachment 1356633View attachment 1356634View attachment 1356635

This last one is walter, she is coming around and not looking too bad, I have not been top dressing her as much as she just didnt really look like she needed it. I still have hope she will finish well.

View attachment 1356636

This grow is flying by as I have been busy with other life stuff. Just coming down the home stretch here soon! Peace and happy growing to all!!
Weekly malted barley powder with fishbone meal in vermicompost/ castings is the best bud fattener I have ever used.
Glad to hear bark is working good for ya. Makes a great mulch and becomes a slow release nutrient supply in the long game. It will also boost the fungal life in the uppermost soil level making a worm haven.
cheers
os

Back