Simoigets nEw And iMproved all-time favorite Mephisto SIP grow

Day 60

I underestimated the richness of my soil and I think I overdid the N a bit too much. Maybe a bit heavy on the top dresses? I've held off for awhile now and just riding it out, plants look ok and smell great but I think I had more potential for this grow than I will end up with. All good tho, always learning

Which brings me to my next question, tell me what you do for re amending your soil when starting another round? Do you add minimal inputs? Or do you amend at the same rate/volume as when you first mixed the soil? I feel like I could have almost let these plants roll with almost no top dressing? Or at least alot less

I'm starting to plan the next round and not sure how much I should re amend? @Organic Sinse any input on that?

Any hoo..here are some photos of the tent, getting down to the last couple/few weeks now and still looking pretty good, just seeing a lot of clawing and pretty dark foliage. Pretty good frost tho and they should finish pretty well I think.

Tent shot..plants are tall, and lush
Tent is full, more full than the last round

20210830_175601.jpg
20210830_175611.jpg
20210830_175618.jpg
20210830_175622.jpg

Walter White, has been the least inspiring of the crew, good resin tho, might end up hashing most of this one

20210830_175655.jpg

Forgotten cookies..the biggest plant in the tent, it started flowering way later than the other 2 so it still has the best potential I think

20210830_175715.jpg

This is double G in the fore ground and it's the nicest pheno of double G I've had yet, it's got great smell and I can't wait to blaze this one!

20210830_175726.jpg

Day 60

I underestimated the richness of my soil and I think I overdid the N a bit too much. Maybe a bit heavy on the top dresses? I've held off for awhile now and just riding it out, plants look ok and smell great but I think I had more potential for this grow than I will end up with. All good tho, always learning

Which brings me to my next question, tell me what you do for re amending your soil when starting another round? Do you add minimal inputs? Or do you amend at the same rate/volume as when you first mixed the soil? I feel like I could have almost let these plants roll with almost no top dressing? Or at least alot less

I'm starting to plan the next round and not sure how much I should re amend? @Organic Sinse any input on that?

Any hoo..here are some photos of the tent, getting down to the last couple/few weeks now and still looking pretty good, just seeing a lot of clawing and pretty dark foliage. Pretty good frost tho and they should finish pretty well I think.

Tent shot..plants are tall, and lush
Tent is full, more full than the last round

View attachment 1361118View attachment 1361119View attachment 1361120View attachment 1361121

Walter White, has been the least inspiring of the crew, good resin tho, might end up hashing most of this one

View attachment 1361122

Forgotten cookies..the biggest plant in the tent, it started flowering way later than the other 2 so it still has the best potential I think

View attachment 1361123

This is double G in the fore ground and it's the nicest pheno of double G I've had yet, it's got great smell and I can't wait to blaze this one!

View attachment 1361124
In between rounds I just topdress 1-2 Tbspoon each of kelp and bone meal and kind of work it into the surface. I also add a teaspoon of Langbenite. This would be just right for you, at this point in time. For me I want to refresh the P,K, and calcium. If I think I need more N, I use Fish meal instead of bone meal. Alfalfa meal (2.5-0.5-2.5) is probably the most complete and balanced meal you could add as a top dress. It’s cheap too. With alfalfa meal, I limit it to 2 tablespoons, and I put it under the mulch, but not mixed in the soil. Soy meal is good used that way as well.
I wasn’t very impressed with Walter White when I grew her. It’s great in a cross, but a funny looking plant on its own.
cheers
os

In between rounds I just topdress 1-2 Tbspoon each of kelp and bone meal and kind of work it into the surface. I also add a teaspoon of Langbenite. This would be just right for you, at this point in time. For me I want to refresh the P,K, and calcium. If I think I need more N, I use Fish meal instead of bone meal. Alfalfa meal (2.5-0.5-2.5) is probably the most complete and balanced meal you could add as a top dress. It’s cheap too. With alfalfa meal, I limit it to 2 tablespoons, and I put it under the mulch, but not mixed in the soil. Soy meal is good used that way as well.
I wasn’t very impressed with Walter White when I grew her. It’s great in a cross, but a funny looking plant on its own.
cheers
os
As always thank you @Organic Sinse ! Is that 2 tbsp per gallon or total?

Day 70

Trucking right along and the end is in sight

Plants are not the prettiest I've ever grown but they all look like they will be appealing to smoke. The Double grape and forgotten cookies are going to be nice smoke I think.
Even the walter white is coming along and looking a bit better, I will use alot of it for hash and it should be excellent for that

I plan on just adding minimal amendments for the next run and thinking about just replanting In the SIPs no-till style. Going to be Double G again, Samsquanch and possibly a double g x white crack

Got a bunch of night shots and some under the lights too

This is the only time of the year I need to run the dehumidifier, but we are sitting at 50/55 and lots of airflow

20210908_113730.jpg

Forgotten cookies, this plant is the biggest in the tent and growing some nice nugs, it flowered later than its tent mates so will run a little longer I think

20210908_234402.jpg

20210908_234354.jpg

Walter White, not the prettiest girl at the dance, but a bit of a dark horse I think

20210908_234316.jpg

The Double Grape grown in the earthbox jr.
This might be the frostiest plant I've ever grown, smells amazing too

20210908_234333.jpg

20210908_114502.jpg

20210908_114352.jpg

Will try and update a few more times as I wrap this one up, peace all

My poor little Double Grape stinks to high heaven and is a mini-avalanche with frost. That's the Sour Stomper in her.

Day 70

Trucking right along and the end is in sight

Plants are not the prettiest I've ever grown but they all look like they will be appealing to smoke. The Double grape and forgotten cookies are going to be nice smoke I think.
Even the walter white is coming along and looking a bit better, I will use alot of it for hash and it should be excellent for that

I plan on just adding minimal amendments for the next run and thinking about just replanting In the SIPs no-till style. Going to be Double G again, Samsquanch and possibly a double g x white crack

Got a bunch of night shots and some under the lights too

This is the only time of the year I need to run the dehumidifier, but we are sitting at 50/55 and lots of airflow

View attachment 1364470

Forgotten cookies, this plant is the biggest in the tent and growing some nice nugs, it flowered later than its tent mates so will run a little longer I think

View attachment 1364474

View attachment 1364471

Walter White, not the prettiest girl at the dance, but a bit of a dark horse I think

View attachment 1364472

The Double Grape grown in the earthbox jr.
This might be the frostiest plant I've ever grown, smells amazing too

View attachment 1364473

View attachment 1364476

View attachment 1364477

Will try and update a few more times as I wrap this one up, peace all
Looking great. Frosty as fuck. I think you will love no tilling those containers if you try it. I always feel second run does better than the first.
cheers
os

Just putting this up to share a couple photos of the flowers I snapped today
20210913_182222.jpg
20210913_182238.jpg
20210913_193338.jpg
1,2,3 Double G, Forgotten Cookies, and Walter White

Looking good my friend. When I grew Walter White I thought the buds looked unusual. Yours look the same way.
cheers
os
they are weird! The last one I grew was more "normal" than this one but still a bit different as well

Back