Simoigets nEw And iMproved all-time favorite Mephisto SIP grow

simoiget

Welcome to the CannaZone
Reaction score
Hello all!

I am excited to get this thread started! My last grow and thread was really fun to put together.I will update that one with the final harvest info shortly as the plants are all chopped and drying now, it can be found in the mephisto forum if any one is interested.

I will start with a few tags for a couple folks who followed along last time @WildBill @Organic Sinse @Sour D @Fermented_Fruitz @gringuito98

All are welcome and any input or feedback is always welcome too

I have been growing exclusively mephisto genetics since legalization happened here. I have been organic since day one but switched to using Sip containers last year.I am on my 4th? Cycle with my soil now. My knowledge and skills with organic growing have been an on going process that I love.

Through threads and posts on AFN, and with the help of some local friends I have been able to improve my composting and worm husbandry which has led to better harvests and tasty jars to smoke and share with friends.

My Sips are simple homemade versions I build from totes. I increased the size of my totes from a 7 gallon capacity to 15 gallons. With the living soil I hope the increased capacity will support the explosive growth that typically occurs in SIps.in my past grows I would usually have wild explosive veg growth and then run into some deficiency issues later in flower that I'm sure cost me some yield.

20210622_172555.jpg

Beans are in the water today, strains will be Double grape, Walter White and forgotten cookies. In the past I have done 2 sips and one 5 gallon fabric pot in my 4x4. This round I decided to do all sips but the double grape will be in an earthbox jr, and the other 2 in my 15 gallon homemade SIPs.

20210627_114156.jpg

After a 24 hour or so soak beans will be directly planted I the soil. As you can see I use the solo cups to make a space that I will fill with a seedling mix I make from promix.small amount of my worm castings, and mychorrizae.

Anyway, follow along and hopefully I can bump my quality and results up to a new level.
My main soil is the standard 30/30/30 peat/compost/castings/aeration mix.

Amended with a variety of inputs. Gaia green dry amendments, barley,rock dust,gypsum,bokashi,insect frass,kelp and bark nuggets.

Attachments

• 20210627_113204.jpg
    20210627_113204.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 34
Following along but my 2 cents…. Do double grape in 1 of the big sips cuz she can get big and it’s fire ass bud so u wanna give her plenty of space! Mine was 4’ in a 3gal radicle bag!

Subbed up and looking forward to seeing progress!

Following along but my 2 cents…. Do double grape in 1 of the big sips cuz she can get big and it’s fire ass bud so u wanna give her plenty of space! Mine was 4’ in a 3gal radicle bag!
Thanks!..its funny tho, this is will be the 4th double grape that I have grown, all from the same speed pack. My experience has been the opposite! for the size anyway, all the plants I have grown were on the small size.

I feel you on the fire tho..DG has ben one of, if not the most potent of the Meph strains I have grown, and always hella frosty.

From various pics I have seen there is a wide variety of pheno expressions with Double G. I have grown a couple double grape x white crack plants and they were monsters.

And we are off!...I am also now a qualified helmet head surgeon, so that's nice.

36 hour soak for the beans and then into their homes.less than 48 hours all 3 are up and into the light.

The forgotten cookies is my last seed of that wonderful strain and it came up with the dreaded Helmut head! I was patient and kept it misted and kept the RH up so the shell didnt stick too bad.

It was definetly a fighter and it looked better and better. Tonight it was looking so close I decided to try some emergency surgery. This is risky shit.I have fucked it up the only other time I have tried it. But I'm happy to say I think we will have a good outcome. I used the tool in the pic below, and a rocksteady hand, aided in no small part by the sweet fatty of walter white I puffed just before.

20210701_192222.jpg

Time will tell for the recovery...vibes needed!

But all in all I think we going to do good! The soil looks great and I'm getting the little shrooms popping up again which I love!

20210701_193201.jpg

Forgotten cookies post-OP

20210701_192209.jpg

Waler White...

20210701_192204.jpg

Double grape..she was the first up, 24 hours after going from the cup to the dirt..I think she wants to go?...watch this one be a beast after I told @Fermented_Fruitz that my double grapes were all small and would be fine in the mini earthbox!

20210701_192201.jpg

Nicely done popping that helmet off! Can be unnerving for sure.

Week 1 and done

Seedlings look decent.seem to be growing every day. I have been trying to keep temps up a little more this round, at least for the earlier stages. The stupid hot weather we are having is making that job easier.

I added some bark chunks and canna leaves for some mulch and also added a loose mulch cover of burlap and my ghetto garbage bag replacements for the "shower cap" that the earthbox uses.

Have been misting regularly with aloe water and worm activity has been great.

I filled all the reservoirs about 3/4 full with plain tap water and I will let those drain right
dry before adding more. Also trying to introduce some gentle air flow to build some strength for the wee lasses

20210705_165202.jpg

20210705_165211.jpg

20210705_171156.jpg

A tag for my man @Organic Sinse be great to have you follow along again! I added in the bark nuggets this time around from your suggestion

I am using them in the worm bin too, I have an unlimited supply in my front yard where I split and stack a mountain of firewood every summer, mostly hemlock and birch with some pine.

A tag for my man @Organic Sinse be great to have you follow along again! I added in the bark nuggets this time around from your suggestion

I am using them in the worm bin too, I have an unlimited supply in my front yard where I split and stack a mountain of firewood every summer, mostly hemlock and birch with some pine.
Looking good my friend! Your going to like using bark.
cheers
os

And we are off!...I am also now a qualified helmet head surgeon, so that's nice.

36 hour soak for the beans and then into their homes.less than 48 hours all 3 are up and into the light.

The forgotten cookies is my last seed of that wonderful strain and it came up with the dreaded Helmut head! I was patient and kept it misted and kept the RH up so the shell didnt stick too bad.

It was definetly a fighter and it looked better and better. Tonight it was looking so close I decided to try some emergency surgery. This is risky shit.I have fucked it up the only other time I have tried it. But I'm happy to say I think we will have a good outcome. I used the tool in the pic below, and a rocksteady hand, aided in no small part by the sweet fatty of walter white I puffed just before.

View attachment 1337801

Time will tell for the recovery...vibes needed!

But all in all I think we going to do good! The soil looks great and I'm getting the little shrooms popping up again which I love!

View attachment 1337802

Forgotten cookies post-OP

View attachment 1337803

Waler White...

View attachment 1337804

Double grape..she was the first up, 24 hours after going from the cup to the dirt..I think she wants to go?...watch this one be a beast after I told @Fermented_Fruitz that my double grapes were all small and would be fine in the mini earthbox!

View attachment 1337805
I recognize that helmet removing tool! Straight out of the flytying kit, very resourcefu.
looking good.
cheers
os

Back