Dutch Passion Some New Rare Ones?

NorseGrower

Plug Unplugged 2020
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
El Chem Kiwi, Pink Panama, Wedding Cake
Hey all,

I hate to throw shade or speak negatively but I'm curious why some new stand outs in the catalog are so much more expensive than other packs offered? I'm referring mainly to the Mokum’s Tulip Auto or Kerosene Trash auto. They are going for +$20-$25 per seed vs most others in the $10-$15 range. Is it just price increase on new stuff or are these two rare or of increased value? Just curious

Thanks

Hey all,

I hate to throw shade or speak negatively but I'm curious why some new stand outs in the catalog are so much more expensive than other packs offered? I'm referring mainly to the Mokum’s Tulip Auto or Kerosene Trash auto. They are going for +$20-$25 per seed vs most others in the $10-$15 range. Is it just price increase on new stuff or are these two rare or of increased value? Just curious

Thanks
A few of us on here were chatting about that yesterday with the kerosene krash,
When I growed it it grew well and smoked good. But the price is abit steep for a seed,

As long as everyone is willing to pay more and there are more growers then you can charge more. I do understand that costs are up but that would be also shown in the flower market as well. I did read some good news yesterday For us in the USA seeds are considered hemp as long as they are below the .3 THC levels, so no more worries at least on the domestic side of things.

I agree and understand. I was just curious if there is more to price than just an increase. I didn't know history of genetics or their rarity. I have a very large autoflower seed collection included some Dutch Passion. The Kerosene Krash is appealing for me to try but at $25+ per seed it would be most expensive autoflower genetic I have. Just curious why the price on a couple are on different scale.

Both 7 packs Both Ducth Passion / Both Autos / Same Vendor. Got to be something to it right?
GridArt_20220410_173201882.jpg

I lokked on a local vendor and DP fr 3 seeds varied on typ $36, $40, $54 adn $72 for Kersosene in the top spot.

Yeah I feel ya, I can totally understand the question mate, so no problem :d5:

Although I cannot give a straight answer to that (because I'm not in the position of coming up with prices etc) I think the following could make some sense to you all :

I think mostly the reason for certain pricing for a seed has to do with both the uniqueness of the genetics (flavour profiles/cannabinoid levels) as well as its ability to produce pollen/seeds. And besides that, sometimes the breeding process just takes much longer in order to produce a stable product. The road to success is therefore sometimes reflected in the prize too.

That is also one of the reasons why for example Skunks and Critical strains usually are cheaper than any other product available. They are known to produce sh*tloads of flowers and pollen/seeds. Besides that, the market dictates a part of the prizes too. Its just the way it works, basic economics like supply & demand for example.

So yeah I think rarity definitely plays a vital role, as well as the difficulty to breed/produce seeds from a certain variety.
In general a 'cheaper' seed will still be able to produce a very good result, however the flower might be more generic and less special than the newest crossings where new flavour profiles have been created to meet customer demand for such a product.

if you have any other questions, please don't mind to send me a DM :thumbsup:

Back