New Grower Start up (11/6/22)

Gin is one thing I've never been able to drink. It tastes like ants to me. One drink and it's the porcelain idol. But I'd still smoke this, I think.
You should try hendricks, I dont drink and I love it. It doesnt taste like tanqueray, and its not like Mr. Boston, or bombay. Its definitely a unique gin, the way I describe the flavor is like drinking the smell of wild flowers...its really really good, I knocked back a whole bottle at a party once because I couldnt stop lol.

Last edited:
So Im running out of fan leaves on the watermelon zkittles, and sugar leaves are starting to recede into the buds themselves because most of em are so fried. Might just chop it as it is also starting to fox tail. Final decision will be made tomorrow morning after work. That will be breeder harvest time @63 days exactly
Decision made choppy choppy on the watermelon zkittles today! Theres so much amber on the sugar leaves I can see it without a scope or loupe

Completed the grow. Final weights to come
So today marks day 63 of flower and the harvest day for the watermelon zkittles. Probably could have let it go longer. Maybe another week, but I am way too anxious to get started up again. Got plenty of bud to last the 6 month stretch on the next grow.
20230219_131756.jpg
20230219_131902.jpg

This stuff is god awful sticky. It took me 5.5 hours to trim what I got here, and I will never touch my phone again with what Im gonna call trim hands! Had to clean my phone with rubbing alcohol.

Drying
Idk how it is for everone else, but dry and cure is the worst most boring part of this whole process. I dont really mind the tediousness of trimming, its waiting to see if I did the last part well enough to have that awesome odor and taste to go with

Either way with this round I went straight into paper bags and into the coldest closet in my house. Forgot to snap a pic of the temp/humidity meters.

Day 2 in the bag for the peyote critical. Gauge reads 66°F and 79% humidity.

Full day on the watermelon zkittles. Gotta say it really lost its watermelon candy smell, now it just smells like cut plant but thats probably because I watered the day before harvesting. Gauge is reading 66°F and 83% humidity. Buds are still freaking sticky like glue though. Stirred them up with my hands and buds stuck to me like burs after walking through a field.

Last edited:
Curing started on 2nd peyote critical
So I checked my peyote and watermelon early in the morning today and they peyote is pretty much ready for jars. Meters said the rh in the paper bag was between 61-65% humidity. I have 2 mini ones in there on each side of the bag. Might be a little early still but they are in jars with a couple boveda 62% packs to help draw out any excess moisture. After jarring though the humidity did start to climb to 70% in the fullest jars. Probably because the stems are still pretty wet bud the buds are definitely dry enough. Hopefully the packs do their job. But for now Im leaving the jars open and stirring them up every few hours till that humidity drops. After it does get down to a decent level and the stems are dry I will put up my dry weight and start a review of this strain so I can get that cc badge.

Watermelon still holding on to a lot of moisture. Sensors in that bag were at 81% still but that one got watered right before I decided to pull the plug so I was expecting it to retain more moister for longer.

Also I ordered some new 10 gallon rain science bags for the next grow which will be 2 photos, in case no one saw, barneys farm lemon tree and tangerine dream. Still need to get some soil and Im probably gonna have to pick up some new ferts as Im running low on the big 3 from fox farm (big bloom, grow big, and a couple of the secondary nutes like boomerang and root drench.

Last edited:
Harvested the last peyote, did a full wet trim. Some amazing buds. Got a really good harvest off this one. This is gonna be the plant I write my review on so anyone whos watching that gives out the cc badges keep an eye out and of course one of you will be tagged after the cure and smoke report if this stuff doesnt fry my brain.
View attachment 1566438View attachment 1566439View attachment 1566440

Total of 384g wet....we'll see how it turns out!

And in the bag they go
View attachment 1566442
Update. Stuff is in jars and now that its dry enough Im gonna start curing.
20230225_031240.jpg

Lost a lot of weight but the buds are all fairly dense. Figured I would land somewhere under 100g. I cant get a weight on the trim as I let that air dry and smoked a lot of it already

(@blue not sure if Im doing this right but this is the last journal entry for the strain I reviewed for the cc badge)

Last edited:
Back