New Grower Start up (11/6/22)

Cannaficionado

Novice
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Starting up again after my first plant on here full on hermied and pollinated itself

Running 4 this go around

Everythings exactly the same as last time except this time I went with FFHF instead of OF. I did mix the remainders of what I had left in with it though so its about 3 parts HF 1 part OF. Redid the way my exhaust is set up, have the inline fan outside the tent and the filter in. Just wanted some more vertical space.

5 gal pots
3x3x6 ac infinity tent
6" ac infinity inline fan for exhaust with a xl filter.
400w ionboard quantum style led light

Light set 15" from top of pots to help keep them warm while germinating. Exhaust running at about 40% just to keep the air fresh in the tent.
20221106_132340.jpg

Pic is from right after I prepped everything.

1 watermelon zkittles
2 peyote critical
1 granite runtz

Seeds are germinating in the 5 gallon pots.

Starting up again after my first plant on here full on hermied and pollinated itself

Running 4 this go around

Everythings exactly the same as last time except this time I went with FFHF instead of OF. I did mix the remainders of what I had left in with it though so its about 3 parts HF 1 part OF. Redid the way my exhaust is set up, have the inline fan outside the tent and the filter in. Just wanted some more vertical space.

5 gal pots
3x3x6 ac infinity tent
6" ac infinity inline fan for exhaust with a xl filter.
400w ionboard quantum style led light

Light set 15" from top of pots to help keep them warm while germinating. Exhaust running at about 40% just to keep the air fresh in the tent. View attachment 1535555
Pic is from right after I prepped everything.

1 watermelon zkittles
2 peyote critical
1 granite runtz

Seeds are germinating in the 5 gallon pots.
Much luck.

Germination day 3
Curiosity got the better of me today. Wanted to make sure what I was doing was working. Took a slightly different approach to germing this time.
All i did was fill my pots watered em just enough to hydrate the dry soil I bought amd have been misting the top so that about the first inch of soil stays wet.
Its working, all 4 beans have a taproot.

No pics but hopefully we see a sprout in the next 24-48 hours
20221108_062828.jpg

Germination day 4
1 peyote critical and my watermelon zkittles are above ground. Seed husk is still on the watermelon a bit but it looks like it should pop off fine.

20221109_041158.jpg

This is the peyote critical
20221109_041207.jpg

Watermelon zkittlez

The other 2 have a decent tap root but they havent made their way through the surface yet.

Germination complete day 5
All 4 beans germinated

1st was the peyote critical in front
20221109_193103.jpg

Then the watermelon zkittlez
20221109_193107.jpg

This is that granite runtz auto I threw in the mix
20221109_193112.jpg

My last peyote critical is working its way to the surface. 14 hours after I checked this morning and its looking ok
20221109_193145.jpg

Hopefully we see a better take off this time around since Im not stunting straight from germ by planting too deep. These I basically pressed in to the surface and covered. Glad to see all 4 are moving along.

Now that all 4 have at least broken the surface, and are sucking up light. I dialed back the light so its getting about 250ppfd for 18 hours a day. Which is about power level 2 out of 10. Light is about 20" away from the top of the bags.

Gotta say Im already loving the RS bags. Gotta get more for sure.

Day 6 update
So my 2nd peyote crit is standing tall. Definitely the shortest of the 4 but its also almost a day behind the others.

All the bean husks came off well too. Good because Ive never had to pop one off before and I thought for sure the watermelon zkittles was gonna need it, but shes by far doing the best.

Watermelon Zkittlez
20221110_193904.jpg

Peyote #1 (in front)
20221110_193911.jpg

Peyote #2 (back)
20221110_193922.jpg

Granite Runtz
20221110_193926.jpg

Anyway off to the deadzone laundromat. Probably gonna dial my updates back to once a week I just wanted everyone to know they are all there and the watermelon seems to be doing the best so far. Conditions are a little cold. Hottest it got in the tent today was 69°

Last edited:
Week 1
So with all 4 germed, lights dialed in, I decided to thoroughly soak my medium. Maybe a little early but i watered around each seedling making sure I didnt get too much water within 3" of each plant so they should be ok

1 gallon between all 4 pots, so roughly 1/4-1/3gal in each with the prewater since the soil really dried out today.

Starting the FF feeding schedule next week. 2 feeds per week with a flush every 4th week. Thinking about doing a flush to start to add some yucca throughout the pots, but soil isnt hydrophic at all yet so thats still up in the air.

Also forgot to mention, been giving my pots a half turn every day. They are all definitely reaching for the center of the tent by the end of each day
20221111_193641.jpg
20221111_193639.jpg
20221111_193636.jpg
20221111_193633.jpg

From top to bottom

Granite Runtz, peyote #2, peyote #1, watermelon zkittles. Id say the peyote #1 has caught up to the watermelon. Im super excited to see the difference in structure between the 2 peyote crits.

So with all 4 germed, lights dialed in, I decided to thoroughly soak my medium. Maybe a little early but i watered around each seedling making sure I didnt get too much water within 3" of each plant so they should be ok

1 gallon between all 4 pots, so roughly 1/4-1/3gal in each with the prewater since the soil really dried out today.

Starting the FF feeding schedule next week. 2 feeds per week with a flush every 4th week. Thinking about doing a flush to start to add some yucca throughout the pots, but soil isnt hydrophic at all yet so thats still up in the air.

Also forgot to mention, been giving my pots a half turn every day. They are all definitely reaching for the center of the tent by the end of each dayView attachment 1537252View attachment 1537253View attachment 1537254View attachment 1537255

From top to bottom

Granite Runtz, peyote #2, peyote #1, watermelon zkittles. Id say the peyote #1 has caught up to the watermelon. Im super excited to see the difference in structure between the 2 peyote crits.

F’in clinical and dialed in man. This has the makings of an epic run. Are these all autos?

Back