Sweet Seeds Strain recomendation

Reaction score
hello everyone, ive recently scaled down my grow space (2x2x5) cabinet with 200 watts of Cob lighting and i was looking for strain recommendations that would suit this set up. I have alot of growing experience but this will be my first attempt with autos.I plan to be growing in coco.what strains( I have no prefference to sativa/indica) love them all. How big of pot is recomended and how many plants would i be able to fit without it getting overgrown on me?

1 gal, 3 gal, kinda your preference as too how much you want to be feeding. Coco grows some big ladies. I've had several autos that you'd be hacking 1 plant back to keep her in 4 sqft. Hubbabubba Haze was her name, 3 gallon coco run she took over the 4x4.
If you've been running photos, then training should be familiar, I top at the 4th node, and then just spread the branches some. This is 5 autos in a 4x4
(16 sqft), on a 3 gallon soil run....
20200720_201613.jpg
I'd say check the breeder of choice and stick in the medium to medium large strains and 1 will do it for you in your area. Stick with the well known breeders around here and you'll have a great run.

Personally I'm a sucker for Mephisto Sour Stomper, or Grapey Walter. Hell pretty much their whole line is on point.

1 gal, 3 gal, kinda your preference as too how much you want to be feeding. Coco grows some big ladies. I've had several autos that you'd be hacking 1 plant back to keep her in 4 sqft. Hubbabubba Haze was her name, 3 gallon coco run she took over the 4x4.
If you've been running photos, then training should be familiar, I top at the 4th node, and then just spread the branches some. This is 5 autos in a 4x4
(16 sqft), on a 3 gallon soil run....
View attachment 1235099
I'd say check the breeder of choice and stick in the medium to medium large strains and 1 will do it for you in your area. Stick with the well known breeders around here and you'll have a great run.

Personally I'm a sucker for Mephisto Sour Stomper, or Grapey Walter. Hell pretty much their whole line is on point.
Thanks for the quick response! I was also thinking that 1 plant would be plenty for my space. All my experience has been with photos so im sure this will be a learning experience forsure.

You'll be suprised. Its really not that different other than no light cycle to worry about. I have no issues running autos at the same strength nutrients that I run photos on (NTFG), but your on a schedule from the start, the timing of switching from veg to flower nutes takes a little getting used to. Second round of same strain you'll have your feet under you.

Careful with the light.
I've got 4 COBs in a 2 x 4 ft tent, and can get light stress at 27.5 watts per sq ft.
You've got 50 watts per sq ft.

Depending on grow style, autos can get huge.
I'd expect 1 plant to easily fill the whole space, while potentially growing into the light.
(5 ft tall tent) - (0.5 ft light distance from ceiling) - (1 ft bucket height) - (1.5 ft minimum light distance) = (2 ft tall plants)
I've had some get 7 ft tall.

Careful with the light.
I've got 4 COBs in a 2 x 4 ft tent, and can get light stress at 27.5 watts per sq ft.
You've got 50 watts per sq ft.

Depending on grow style, autos can get huge.
I'd expect 1 plant to easily fill the whole space, while potentially growing into the light.
(5 ft tall tent) - (0.5 ft light distance from ceiling) - (1 ft bucket height) - (1.5 ft minimum light distance) = (2 ft tall plants)
I've had some get 7 ft tall.
My light can be dimmed so thats always an option if need be....I do plan to LST but thats why im looking for strain recommendation that tend to stay shorter and not as branchy

Hi!
We recommend to try some of these:
Crystal Candy Auto®, Cream Caramel Auto® or Sweet Gelato Auto®. All of them have a compact structure. And they have a lovely smoke too.

It would be very nice to see your diary here if you finally decide to grow some of them.
Keep it sweet!
jaypp

Back