Strains for Insomnia

I only do edibles, and I finally made myself an indica edible made from flowers that I had let go deeper into amber than I usually do. It's a great relaxing high, but in the end makes my body sleepy but can leave my mind chatter still going. It wasn't until I started mixing CBD in that I got both great body relaxation and a calmer mind. Might not work for everyone, but it's doing the job for me.

Too much cbd can make me a bit wired.
I agree, too much can have the opposite effect of what I'm after. Everything has a sweet spot, that's what we're aiming for. The right dose was a little trickier to find with CBD, with THC when I've had too much it's obvious, with CBD finding the limits can be more subtle. I've also heard/read that, like with THC, we can build up a tolerance to CBD over time. So it's good to mix it up.

FWIW I do a run of MCT infusion using Vidamints (1:1 ish); plus I add additional CBD (hemp) flower and CBG flower. I use a MBM but there are a lot of ways to do it. I have gotten good feedback from friends who use it as a sleep med and as a pain med.
View attachment 1510593

You make it sounds like it would be a solution for my sleep!(or a great solution for many others) If only you could market it to us and we could be the judge. :b

some of the zippier sativa leaning hybrids can great for sleep if you time them correctly, have a nice ramp up buzz followed by a stoney comedown.

the classic Blue Dream has been like this for me, personally. sometimes the big big high THC indicas can mellow the body but race the mind.

I only do edibles, and I finally made myself an indica edible made from flowers that I had let go deeper into amber than I usually do. It's a great relaxing high, but in the end makes my body sleepy but can leave my mind chatter still going. It wasn't until I started mixing CBD in that I got both great body relaxation and a calmer mind. Might not work for everyone, but it's doing the job for me.
My 88 year old Pop has been trying to find the right THC/CBD gummy combo for sleep. I've gotten him a few of both, problem with the THC, not knowing if it's with indica or sativa. He has been experimenting slowly and found a 5-10 mg. of THC with 5 mg. CBD does the best. I would like to make our own one day with 100% indica, and see how that works for him. He said one time during his experimentation with THC that he woke up and keep hearing Ludwig van Beethoven's Symphony No. 9 in D minor....over....and...over....and....over.....he exnahed that THC gummy and tried something else. :nono:

My 88 year old Pop has been trying to find the right THC/CBD gummy combo for sleep. I've gotten him a few of both, problem with the THC, not knowing if it's with indica or sativa. He has been experimenting slowly and found a 5-10 mg. of THC with 5 mg. CBD does the best. I would like to make our own one day with 100% indica, and see how that works for him. He said one time during his experimentation with THC that he woke up and keep hearing Ludwig van Beethoven's Symphony No. 9 in D minor....over....and...over....and....over.....he exnahed that THC gummy and tried something else. :nono:
As time passes, I'm finding it more and more difficult to make definitive statements. I've come to realize I should probably wait six to twelve months and then comment, because initial reactions are not necessarily steady states. I think part of this has to do with CBD and THC buildup in the system, and the resulting impact. My first few days taking CBD seemed to help tremendously, and I posted about that, but I found that as the days went on the positive impact decreased. That is not to say I'm giving up on it, that's kind of my bigger point, that was one week, this is a journey.

Also, there are a million variables that go into a persons ability to sleep, and specifically, to quiet their mind -- THC/CBD will be one ingredient in the soup. I suspect that for me I will find an optimal balance, and then inevitably I'll need to periodically switch it up, to have a few tools in the box and cycle between them.

blueberry ftw

Back