Sweet Candy proposed changes

Do you agree or disagree with these proposed changes?

• Agree

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • Disagree

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • I like turtles

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters
:toke: Hi GLN.... this sounds like a smart move IMO, go for it! There's been a great deal of back and forth about the amount of P in your formulations amongst the growers I know here.. The general opinion is that it's too light on P, BE is too heavy on K for early-mid bloom where higher P:K ratio is better, something like the old Red Line was... I'd love to see P included in SC, at a high % than K or at least even with it more or less.... BE has so much K bias you have to be careful with the MC because of potential toxicity, which I do see on occasion in the Infirmary... I always considered BE to be a finishing bloom nute, and use it as such...

:greencheck: I would also very much like to see you guys come up with a good micronute only supplement, though I'm not sure that's possible for chemistry/formulation reasons..? My favorite is Earth Juice Microblast (cheers @Dewey Matter :biggrin:), a liquid the the broadest coverage I have seen to date... My gripe there is it seems to not have a long shelf life after open, despite being well chelated,... it starts out a clear dark green when first opened, but after a few months it begins to oxidize (O2 exposure), and starts to go "rusty" in color, literally I think, and develop some PPT's.... a dry formulation would be excellent if it could be compounded.. There is a glaring lack of these type products on the market, trust me, I have looked... Micro's defc.'s are far more common that many realize, and are difficult to fix at times because what products they may have don't have enough, and/or force the introduction of other nute elements that are NOT desired or wise to pile on! I swear, if you made this, and available in EU especially (lousy choices over there for micro's), I could sell several bags a week in Sick Bay alone- :rofl:
I use micro's regularly all through the grow, they are a bitch to fix often, and their lacking may not show outwardly for a while but still mess with the plants performance as well as other nutes' metabolizing.....

I may have missed it, but which of the new versions will be optimal for coco? Is this considered a pure hydro or growth media able to handle SC's larger particles?
:toke: Hi GLN.... this sounds like a smart move IMO, go for it! There's been a great deal of back and forth about the amount of P in your formulations amongst the growers I know here.. The general opinion is that it's too light on P, BE is too heavy on K for early-mid bloom where higher P:K ratio is better, something like the old Red Line was... I'd love to see P included in SC, at a high % than K or at least even with it more or less.... BE has so much K bias you have to be careful with the MC because of potential toxicity, which I do see on occasion in the Infirmary... I always considered BE to be a finishing bloom nute, and use it as such...

:greencheck: I would also very much like to see you guys come up with a good micronute only supplement, though I'm not sure that's possible for chemistry/formulation reasons..? My favorite is Earth Juice Microblast (cheers @Dewey Matter :biggrin:), a liquid the the broadest coverage I have seen to date... My gripe there is it seems to not have a long shelf life after open, despite being well chelated,... it starts out a clear dark green when first opened, but after a few months it begins to oxidize (O2 exposure), and starts to go "rusty" in color, literally I think, and develop some PPT's.... a dry formulation would be excellent if it could be compounded.. There is a glaring lack of these type products on the market, trust me, I have looked... Micro's defc.'s are far more common that many realize, and are difficult to fix at times because what products they may have don't have enough, and/or force the introduction of other nute elements that are NOT desired or wise to pile on! I swear, if you made this, and available in EU especially (lousy choices over there for micro's), I could sell several bags a week in Sick Bay alone- :rofl:
I use micro's regularly all through the grow, they are a bitch to fix often, and their lacking may not show outwardly for a while but still mess with the plants performance as well as other nutes' metabolizing.....
For current MegaCrop v2 users:
a) What P-K supplementation regimen(s) or product(s) do you see as the likely best options? Is it best to use a more 1:1 ratio product, such as commonly available 13/14, for most of bloom; then go to a K-boosted product at the end?

b) What type of micronutrient regimen might you suggest? I generally use Earth Juice Microblast only in the few foliar feedings I do using MegaCrop before blooms appear. Should it be used regularly, sometimes (only as needed) or never in normal feeding; and at what dosage?

I may have missed it, but which of the new versions will be optimal for coco? Is this considered 'pure hydro' or a growth media able to handle SC's larger particles? [I'd guess that SC is more suited, since most coco users will be adding microbes and/or carbs to cultivate a living ecosystem in their media].

And we are all interested in learning about the upcoming version 3 of MegaCrop.
Coco is able to have a microbe environment, so Sweet Candy would work for Coco. If you use your coco like soil, then yes SC can be used in it. If you aren't too worried about microbes in coco, then I would suggest just to use Bud Explosion (or nothing!)

@Greenleaf Nutrients I like the ideal. Also another thought can you go back to offering old formula for us that want individual products for our plants. I miss my monsters and the new formula just doesnt cut it for me. I liked using v1 for veg then bloom booster for flower to get am easier trimmed crop. The leafy buds kill my throat and give headaches.
Which part doesn't cut it for you? I don't really understand exactly which part you are having issues with.

Coco is able to have a microbe environment, so Sweet Candy would work for Coco. If you use your coco like soil, then yes SC can be used in it. If you aren't too worried about microbes in coco, then I would suggest just to use Bud Explosion (or nothing!)
What about those of us doing non-sterile RDWC grows?
I make a beneficial 'Tea' from Great White (or similar), Earthworm Castings and Molasses. I pour this over the hydroton and into the system every 2 days.
I have just finished 2 RDWC runs using Megacrop 2.0, SC and BE along with the 'tea' (JOURNAL) - pulled 99g off one plant, and 204g off the other.

What about those of us doing non-sterile RDWC grows?
I make a beneficial 'Tea' from Great White (or similar), Earthworm Castings and Molasses. I pour this over the hydroton and into the system every 2 days.
I have just finished 2 RDWC runs using Megacrop 2.0, SC and BE along with the 'tea' (JOURNAL) - pulled 99g off one plant, and 204g off the other.
I would recommend to just use Bud Explosion, but its totally up to you.
If you are able to handle all the ins-n-outs of non-sterile RDWC, then you can go for it.

Which part doesn't cut it for you? I don't really understand exactly which part you are having issues with.
The issue I have is that I cant cut nitrogen without going to a completely different product. Which in return is making some really leafy buds. Also the v2 is weaker as far as how much to use per gallon. I bought a 1000g bag of v1 ran over 50 plants with it and still have some left. V2 1000g I ran 20 plants and couldnt even make through harvest.

I like the new version of mega crop and I like bud Explosion. When I run mc a little lower and BE I grow the best plants that I can possibly grow.i run BE at full strength and I never go higher then 1.25 to 1.50 grams a gallon of mc. I have grown some wicked frosty plants.

I find the 2.0 version does not pile leaf on top of leaf like the old version did. They both work great imo but just lest leaf in the newer version

Epsom salt for Mg if needed. A small bag for less than ten bucks should last two years.

I’ve been running MC at low rates and don’t need Cal. I think a lot of deficiency symptoms with MC users are actually toxicity from running to much.

Just my two cents. I’ve run with and without Sweet candy. No difference. I’m sure if needed it would help but I haven’t needed. I think the extras with green leaf are really just to help those that can’t get over the fact that they really only need one product. Not really their fault since the entire rest of the industry has been selling that scheme since the beginning.

FB
You are spot on I have ran MC alone and got a good harvest. When I added Bud Explosion I got denser frostier buds with and amazing taste. I will never buy another Nutrient Ever. BE is the only supp. that Green leaf recommends to run. If they say you do not need it when running MC on there site I don't run it. They know there stuff.

Back