Sweet Candy proposed changes

Do you agree or disagree with these proposed changes?

• Agree

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • Disagree

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • I like turtles

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters
I like the new version of mega crop and I like bud Explosion. When I run mc a little lower and BE I grow the best plants that I can possibly grow.i run BE at full strength and I never go higher then 1.25 to 1.50 grams a gallon of mc. I have grown some wicked frosty plants.
Maybe that was the issue, when I ordered v2 they were out of BE and sweet candy so I didnt cut my MC back for flower and I noticed a lot leaves compared to the ones that got water only.

I have been running MC V1 in hydro since my first seed popped.

First few plant I went heavy and got the nitrogen toxicity and fluffy buds. But still a good yield and for a beginner I felt pretty good. I did the supplement with cal/mg but still had what seemed like deficiencies.

Next few plants I kept up the levels but started to split the MC with dry mega bloom and then kool bloom and noticed denser flowers but still lots of deficiencies ( it seemed).

I am now running very light on my nutrients and see a huge improvement. I add a few ml of cal mg at the very beginning and an odd tsp of epsom but for the most part I really let those plants beg for food. I run a dirty bucket setup and never change out my water. I still do the dry flower and bloom boosters but also very light. I’m not sure if they need them but I figured it was just Ike running BE and since I have a bunch of MC1 to get through it was just easy to use the GH crap.

Other than having to PH down for my very first setup of buckets I stays very stable for me. I feel once the PH stabilized as long as you are not over feeding it should be good. Maybe I’m just lucky. I check PH regularly but it only really matters for me during flower. I only feed when it drifts up. And my flower and bloom boosters drop it right down. If plants look hungry in flower I drop 1 tsp MC and 1 tsp of mega bloom. If the PH goes up a bit the next day then 1 more. Leave them alone until I top off the water and then adjust again.

Don’t know how things are going for MC2 users but I’m still very happy with MC1.

FB

Yes, going the simplest, minimal approach, with winning minimal, even all-in-1, products is one way to go; probably best to get started. But I'd prefer more product diversity, more choices, while still keeping the choices simple.

Presuming you are setup for efficient smaller scale mixing and packaging, why not offer a wide variety of formulations? The line-up could be;
base nutes:
1) all-in-1/veg. - Keep those seeking all-in-1 happy
2) bloom, 'organic' - For those wanting all-in-1 nutes with 'organic' bloom boosters
3) bloom, full hydro - For those wanting sterile all-in-1 with bloom boosters
supplements:
1) Cal-Mag - Still needed sometimes
2) Bloom booster, 'organic'
3) Bloom booster, hydro/pure salts
4) Sweet Candy
At the low costs you charge, I'd probably buy all of these soon enough.

Otherwise, ever consider adding powdered (lyophilized/freeze-dried) beneficial microbes to MegaCrop? That would make it even a more all-in-1 product. And how about a micronutrient supplement? -- likely only rarely needed by MC users, but too few on the market.

I may have missed it, but which of the new versions will be optimal for coco? Is this considered a pure hydro or growth media able to handle SC's larger particles?

For current MegaCrop v2 users:
a) What P-K supplementation regimen(s) or product(s) do you see as the likely best options? Is it best to use a more 1:1 ratio product, such as commonly available 13/14, for most of bloom; then go to a K-boosted product at the end?

b) What type of micronutrient regimen might you suggest? I generally use Earth Juice Microblast only in the few foliar feedings I do using MegaCrop before blooms appear. Should it be used regularly, sometimes (only as needed) or never in normal feeding; and at what dosage?

I've used the Fox Farm trio, mainly Open Sesame though for it's high P:K ratio (5-45-19 I think?), or something closer to that 1:1 for early-mid bloom, then BE for the finish... I also may cut way back on synthetic bloom nutes and run mostly organic PK through flowering, with light hits of MC,...maybe a dash of high %PK stuff if warranted... it's K, SO4 and Mn that play big roles in terpene production, so I want those loaded up during final ripening in particular,...

Yup, Microblast is the ticket,.. I dose weekly, also a foliar treat on occasion, even in early bloom; I don't hose the plant down though like when in veg', I'll "paint" the leaves to minimize exposure to the buds (usually, this is on the outdoor photo's, auto's only if the look needy); often, any foliar, even rain, can cause the pistils to brown out at the tips... Not a real problem, just bothers me- :rofl:.....For an actual micro's defc., I will use the Optic Foliar Transport with Microblast because that stuff works so damn well! Much of the micro's are sulfate based, so there's another plus- :thumbsup:

I've used the Fox Farm trio, mainly Open Sesame though for it's high P:K ratio (5-45-19 I think?), or something closer to that 1:1 for early-mid bloom, then BE for the finish... I also may cut way back on synthetic bloom nutes and run mostly organic PK through flowering, with light hits of MC,...maybe a dash of high %PK stuff if warranted... it's K, SO4 and Mn that play big roles in terpene production, so I want those loaded up during final ripening in particular,...

Yup, Microblast is the ticket,.. I dose weekly, also a foliar treat on occasion, even in early bloom; I don't hose the plant down though like when in veg', I'll "paint" the leaves to minimize exposure to the buds (usually, this is on the outdoor photo's, auto's only if the look needy); often, any foliar, even rain, can cause the pistils to brown out at the tips... Not a real problem, just bothers me- :rofl:.....For an actual micro's defc., I will use the Optic Foliar Transport with Microblast because that stuff works so damn well! Much of the micro's are sulfate based, so there's another plus- :thumbsup:

So for bloom boosting in general, hit the plants at start of bloom with a PK-booster with a higher, such as ~2:1, P to K ratio. Then shift to a more 1:1 ratio and towards the end use BE or other more 1:2 ratio. I wish I had learned this sooner. If normally using MegaCrop by bloom at 5 g/gallon, what might that be reduced to throughout bloom?

Is this regimen just for autos? Most nutrient lines don't follow this (do any?), such as Big Bud, Adv. Nutrient's 1st of 3 boosters, is 1:2 ratio.

Besides Open Sesame having high P to K ratio, I've been using Beastie Bloomz/Fox Farms (0-50-30) powder, which as these things go is fairly similar.

When weekly adding Microblast to feed water, say MC at 5 g/gallon or even if the base nutes dose is reduced in bloom, do you add the recommended dose? And do you reduce the amount of base nutrients when giving Microblast? I have avoided adding Microblast to MegaCrop fearing overdosing 1 or more overlapping nutrients (besides the plants not looking like they need anything).

Last edited:
I find the 2.0 version does not pile leaf on top of leaf like the old version did. They both work great imo but just lest leaf in the newer version
Good or bad leaf? If you want more leaf, then probably need to add a bit more Nitrogen, like our Calmag product

It's a good idea. Much simpler. I have been using AN Big Bud as a PK supplement on an outdoor grow that I decided to try. I must admit that I bought MC2.0 for the price. I live in a region of Cali where summer temps are regularly in the 100's. I didn't think I could grow a photoperiod outdoors, so I didn't want to "waste" my AN nutes that I use for my indoor DWC setup.

Well, three months later, andone week into flower, I couldn't be happier with MC. I am even considering giving it a go indoor hydro, based on how simple it is. If you have a PK supplement specifically for each, that would make my decision a lot easier.

By the way, here are my two MC2.0 DP Lemon Zkittle plants, day 97, one week of flower. They are on 4 grams of MC per 5 gallons with a Big Bud supplemented.

Lemon Zkittle 95 - 2.jpg
Lemon Zkittle 95 - 3.jpg
Lemon Zkittle 95 - 4.jpg

I am a happy customer. And again, Greta idea!

just a shame we cant by the products any more- have enough V1 for 1 more grow(10 plants), thats it,

Back