Sweet Candy proposed changes

Do you agree or disagree with these proposed changes?

• Agree

Votes: 23 74.2%
  • Disagree

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • I like turtles

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters

Greenleaf Nutrients

Welcome to the CannaZone
AFN Authorized Vendor
Reaction score
Website
greenleafnutrients.com
Currently Smoking
White Widow
Hi all, and happy growing!

We are considering on making some changes to Sweet Candy in about 1 month time.

Problem: Bud Explosion (BE) our PK booster, and Sweet Candy (SC) have too much of an overlap.

Solution: We want to separate the purposes of BE and SC to be more distinctive products that people will pick either one to use.
  • So, BE will be used for sterile/pure PK booster type purpose. This gravitates more towards RDWC/Aeroponics/Rockwool and "pure" type hydroponic applications.
  • So we want to move Sweet Candy towards the organic/soil/living media type application that is less compatible with hydroponics due to large particle sizes that can't be directly absorbed in hydroponics, but can benefit soil and media environment.
So what we are doing, is planning to take the current form of Sweet Candy, and also add in extremely high quality soluble Kelp, Fulvic and Humic acids. Also making it more of a PK booster type product as well similar to Bud Explosion (current SC doesn't have any P).

The end goal will be to simplify product choices. If you want to use a booster/supplement as a grower, you will pick:
  1. Sweet Candy if you want a booster with all the organics kelp/fulvic/humic (new), carbohydrates vitamins, plant extracts, etc... This will be used for soil growers, or media growers that can benefit for these large particle sizes that aren't directly uptaken by the plant. A lot of the kelp/fulvic/humic particles are large, and improve, condition, revitalize and benefit the soil long term, but do not offer direct benefit for pure hydroponic growers (and possibly may even interfere).
  2. Bud Explosion will remain as a "pure" hydroponic PK booster type product, everything is fully soluble and absorbed directly through hydroponics through just water. There is no media/soil being used, so the concept of "improving soil" isn't required.
So depending on your grow setup, you would at max pick 1 product you want to optionally use, Bud Explosion or Sweet Candy. This will allow us to maximize each product for their specific purpose, instead of compromising on each one. This should help people save money also, since you would not need to purchase both products if you want the maximum benefit.

Please vote in the poll your opinion on this!

So in a soil grow, you are proposing that we use MegaCrop and Sweet Candy, and not BE? Sweet Candy would become the PK Booster for soil grows within your product line? I would think you are not presenting this without already having done some testing, so do we have an idea of the proposed PK feeding strength/numbers for the improved SC line?

Hi all, and happy growing!

We are considering on making some changes to Sweet Candy in about 1 month time.

Problem: Bud Explosion (BE) our PK booster, and Sweet Candy (SC) have too much of an overlap.

Solution: We want to separate the purposes of BE and SC to be more distinctive products that people will pick either one to use.
  • So, BE will be used for sterile/pure PK booster type purpose. This gravitates more towards RDWC/Aeroponics/Rockwool and "pure" type hydroponic applications.
  • So we want to move Sweet Candy towards the organic/soil/living media type application that is less compatible with hydroponics due to large particle sizes that can't be directly absorbed in hydroponics, but can benefit soil and media environment.
So what we are doing, is planning to take the current form of Sweet Candy, and also add in extremely high quality soluble Kelp, Fulvic and Humic acids. Also making it more of a PK booster type product as well similar to Bud Explosion (current SC doesn't have any P).

The end goal will be to simplify product choices. If you want to use a booster/supplement as a grower, you will pick:
  1. Sweet Candy if you want a booster with all the organics kelp/fulvic/humic (new), carbohydrates vitamins, plant extracts, etc... This will be used for soil growers, or media growers that can benefit for these large particle sizes that aren't directly uptaken by the plant. A lot of the kelp/fulvic/humic particles are large, and improve, condition, revitalize and benefit the soil long term, but do not offer direct benefit for pure hydroponic growers (and possibly may even interfere).
  2. Bud Explosion will remain as a "pure" hydroponic PK booster type product, everything is fully soluble and absorbed directly through hydroponics through just water. There is no media/soil being used, so the concept of "improving soil" isn't required.
So depending on your grow setup, you would at max pick 1 product you want to optionally use, Bud Explosion or Sweet Candy. This will allow us to maximize each product for their specific purpose, instead of compromising on each one. This should help people save money also, since you would not need to purchase both products if you want the maximum benefit.

Please vote in the poll your opinion on this!
I have been using all 3 together. I use the Sweet Candy not just for the K but also the (Mg). Where am I going to get that if I needed more? I an using LED lights and at time these call for some different adjustments on the cal/mag side that MC alone doesn't allow. I have been using the current formula in a DTW hydro setup using pure perlite as a medium. I am trying not to go back to using Cal/Mag bottles.

Last edited:
I may have missed it, but which of the new versions will be optimal for coco? Is this considered 'pure hydro' or a growth media able to handle SC's larger particles? [I'd guess that SC is more suited, since most coco users will be adding microbes and/or carbs to cultivate a living ecosystem in their media].

And we are all interested in learning about the upcoming version 3 of MegaCrop.

Last edited:
All this has had is mega crop and Bud Explosion nothing else
IMG_20190727_224237_017.jpg

I have been using all 3 together. I use the Sweet Candy not just for the K but also the (Mg). Where am I going to get that if I needed more? I an using LED lights and at time these call for some different adjustments on the cal/mag side that MC alone doesn't allow. I have been using the current formula in a DTW hydro setup using pure perlite as a medium. I am trying not to go back to using Cal/Mag bottles.

Epsom salt for Mg if needed. A small bag for less than ten bucks should last two years.

I’ve been running MC at low rates and don’t need Cal. I think a lot of deficiency symptoms with MC users are actually toxicity from running to much.

Just my two cents. I’ve run with and without Sweet candy. No difference. I’m sure if needed it would help but I haven’t needed. I think the extras with green leaf are really just to help those that can’t get over the fact that they really only need one product. Not really their fault since the entire rest of the industry has been selling that scheme since the beginning.

FB

Epsom salt for Mg if needed. A small bag for less than ten bucks should last two years.

I’ve been running MC at low rates and don’t need Cal. I think a lot of deficiency symptoms with MC users are actually toxicity from running to much.

Just my two cents. I’ve run with and without Sweet candy. No difference. I’m sure if needed it would help but I haven’t needed. I think the extras with green leaf are really just to help those that can’t get over the fact that they really only need one product. Not really their fault since the entire rest of the industry has been selling that scheme since the beginning.

FB
I ran sweet candy all through first grow and I noticed a big difference in smell and tastes compared to this grow. I agree on using too much though. I took a 300g bag and fed 25 plants with it for whole grow and didnt see any issues other than nearing end of life.

@Greenleaf Nutrients I like the ideal. Also another thought can you go back to offering old formula for us that want individual products for our plants. I miss my monsters and the new formula just doesnt cut it for me. I liked using v1 for veg then bloom booster for flower to get am easier trimmed crop. The leafy buds kill my throat and give headaches.

Sorry - this post wasn't intended to go in this thread.

Well my first plant from the inaugural MC run is down - Ghost Toof at D70 full wet trimmed yielded 1151g or ~10 oz. Run was basically DTW @ 550ppm/1.3EC or 3g MC + 1g SC + 1g BE (at 4 weeks). Same until week 8 then 3g MC + .5g SC + .5g BE + .5g Potassium sulfate + 2ml Aphrodite's Extraction (aka sweet pH down). Big plants, thick stems and only micronutrient deficiencies were a problem, easy fix with help from @Waira.

...more info in my ongoing blog https://www.autoflower.org/threads/dewey-matters-mephisto-palooza-ongoing-photo-blog.71934/page-3

Last edited:
Back