Sweet Candy strength and use

Each product is going to have its own mix of microbes at different titers/concentrations, often concentrating on doing different things, such as fermenting nutrients in the media/soil to make them bioavailable vs. growing on/colonizing plant roots to increase nute uptake vs. breaking down dead organic matter, cellulose, etc. In terms of what is best or what a specific grow could use most, nobody knows -- Like with nutes, lights, everything else, you're ultimately on you own. Just do your best to select what you think you need.

Some microbial supplement manufacturers, such as Impello, state can use their stuff with any other similar products. And why not, they are all just some cultured bacteria and fungi; are just very simple mixtures compared to natural soil; act only indirectly to feed the plant; and you'll never know what, if anything, is happening or has happened after using these products (including there generally being no nutrient deficiencies or excesses associated with adding microbial supplements).

If in doubt, unsure, etc., I suggest just go with ReCharge, which besides having a good reputation also includes some starter culture media (seemingly powdered molasses) and is very cost-effective, lasts a long time.

Last edited:
Each product is going to have its own mix of microbes at different titers/concentrations, often concentrating on doing different things, such as fermenting nutrients in the media/soil to make them bioavailable vs. growing on/colonizing plant roots to increase nute uptake vs. breaking down dead organic matter, cellulose, etc. In terms of what is best or what a specific grow could use most, nobody knows -- Like with nutes, lights, everything else, you're ultimately on you own. Just do your best to select what you think you need.

Some microbial supplement manufacturers, such as Impello, state can use their stuff with any other similar products. And why not, they are all just some cultured bacteria and fungi; are just very simple mixtures compared to natural soil; act only indirectly to feed the plant; and you'll never know what, if anything, is happening or has happened after using these products (including there generally being no nutrient deficiencies or excesses associated with adding microbial supplements).

If in doubt, unsure, etc., I suggest just go with ReCharge, which besides having a good reputation also includes some starter culture media (seemingly powdered molasses) and is very cost-effective, lasts a long time.
Thx for all the info. That’s the understanding I got from researching. I’ve been using recharge for awhile. I recently added mammoth p then started reading about Tribus after it was suggested to me. Just really trying to figure out what’s gonna give me the best results.

Just keep in mind that there are a lot more important things to pay attention to than microbial supplements.

Just keep in mind that there are a lot more important things to pay attention to than microbial supplements.
I definitely understand that. That’s still a piece of the puzzle. Something I didn’t care about or even know about til recently. It appears to be very helpful tho & make a difference. I’ve seen improvement on my grows already. Which ones do u use?

Last edited:
I definitely understand that. That’s still a piece of the puzzle. Something I didn’t care about or even know about til recently. It appears to be very helpful tho & make a difference. I’ve seen improvement on my grows already. Which ones do u use?
I've been using mostly the all-purpose Impello product, sometimes use ReCharge. I tried Mammoth P, but it didn't seem to do anything noticeable.

Back