Sweet Candy strength and use

4d-Rock

Geo-grower
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Seedstocker Purple Punch, Silver Lime Haze CBD, BCN Critical
Hey all! Hope all is well with everyone.

I've noticed after mixing SC on multiple grows that I am reading higher ppm rates consistently than what is stated on the website and wanted to see if others also see this.

They recommend 1 g/gal mix which is supposed to come out to 100ppm (500scale). However, whenever I mix mine at that strength I get around 150ppm consistently.

I've double checked their recommendations for Mega Crop and Bud Explosion, and both are near what they state within reasonable error.

Did I get a strong batch? Anyone else also see this?

Knowing that it is a bit higher, should I be reducing how much a put in to get it to 100ppm, or just continue at the rate of 1g/gal and forget about it?

Additionally on its use, their website states to use from start to finish, but I've seen on the forum several people only use it for flowering and that it is not beneficial during veg. Does anyone have any input on their experiences using it?

Thanks!

Which version do you have? I just got the new version today.
20200518_170749.jpg

I know @Dabber use it from start to finish. I did too, but this time I'm going to start with MC then add in BE and last SC. See how it go this round.
20200518_170826.jpg
20200518_170836.jpg

The original formulation was 0-0-16, no phosphorus.

Sorry, missed these replies.

I have the version from the pics above.

:doh: what the hell, another formulation tinkering on this as well? hard to keep up these days :rofl: .....P is new to me as well, last batch I got was very K heavy, but no P,... I don't get it anymore with them, this is basically BE with extra stuff in it now...
If I recall rightly, the first SC formulation had minimal PK in it, just the carbo's and aminos' which is what it should still be IMO,....:wall: ... Way too much K in the line-up, especially if you use MC + the various supp's....
@4d-Rock it's a dilemma bud, keeping the ppms/EC to reasonable ranges, and balancing what you put in,.. cut down on the MC, and you short on all the other nutes and supp's in it,... with this new SC, BE is redundant, overkill even....

:doh: what the hell, another formulation tinkering on this as well?? P is new to me as well, last batch I got was very K heavy, but no P,... I don't get it anymore with them,, this is basically BE with extra stuff in it now! if I recall rightly, the first SC formulations ad minimal PK in it, just the carbo's and aminos' which is what it should still be IMO,....:wall: ... Way too much K in the line-up, especially if you use MC + the various supp's....
@4d-Rock it's a dilemma bud, keeping the ppms/EC to reasonable ranges, and balancing what you put in,.. cut down on the MC, and you short on all the other nutes and supp's in it,... with this new SC, BE is redundant, overkill even....
I needed this info thx

:doh: what the hell, another formulation tinkering on this as well? hard to keep up these days :rofl: .....P is new to me as well, last batch I got was very K heavy, but no P,... I don't get it anymore with them, this is basically BE with extra stuff in it now...
If I recall rightly, the first SC formulation had minimal PK in it, just the carbo's and aminos' which is what it should still be IMO,....:wall: ... Way too much K in the line-up, especially if you use MC + the various supp's....
They reformatted so if your in a soil or something that can and u want to have microbial life will work as a soil conditioner and pk booster. If u use new formula of sweet candy don’t use BE. They went over all this way back when they made changes. Said BE is now for hydro and the like(sterile) growers. SC for soil/coco/growpito who use beneficials.

They reformatted so if your in a soil or something that can and u want to have microbial life will work as a soil conditioner and pk booster. If u use new formula of sweet candy don’t use BE. They went over all this way back when they made changes. Said BE is now for hydro and the like(sterile) growers. SC for soil/coco/growpito who use beneficials.
Cheers Mizzo, thanks for the info tune-up! ...like I said, it's hard to keep up anymore, but as long as they continue to improve and tinker from the feedback, it's all good!
BE, that makes total sense, it's always been a very simple formulation, nothing but P K and S.... Now if we could just get them to make a micronutrient supp',... I have all but begged! :rofl:

Exactly what I needed to know.

What? Man did I ever miss the memo.

I have to say,if this is the case they sure didn’t explain things very well on the Instructions on the proper use of their products in conjunction with each other.

The supplemental feeding chart Doesn’t elude to the use of Sweet Candy as you suggest, and they sure don’t tell you to use one or the other. Or am I just reeaaally high???:baked:

Back