Switching to a fully organic grow and could use some advice

You can always grow in fox farms. I like coast of Maine Stonington blend tho. In the beginning it doesn't matter you can start in a solo cup etc add different soil in transplant. You can charge up soils with dry fertilizer. Buy yourself some Stonington blend fertilizer thru the mail if you got to and just top dress it will get in there. Some dry amendments break down faster that product does compared to say kelp. Look into knf. @Fermented_Fruitz ferments his leaves you can recycle all your stuff back in. Like sifted trim etc

When I read the living soil posts sometimes I think it sounds like less work and sometimes more work. It makes me think about dumpster diving again, but I don't know if I can climb out anymore. I am staring at my e-rig thinking about changing the water, every night for the last 3 days in fact. So you know what I am thinking right now.

You can always grow in fox farms. I like coast of Maine Stonington blend tho. In the beginning it doesn't matter you can start in a solo cup etc add different soil in transplant. You can charge up soils with dry fertilizer. Buy yourself some Stonington blend fertilizer thru the mail if you got to and just top dress it will get in there. Some dry amendments break down faster that product does compared to say kelp. Look into knf. @Fermented_Fruitz ferments his leaves you can recycle all your stuff back in. Like sifted trim etc

Seems legit but,Will this provide all needed for flowering stage for autoflowers?I don't know.So Maybe se Need to do more fermentation or more fruit at once...??

Seems legit but,Will this provide all needed for flowering stage for autoflowers?I don't know.So Maybe se Need to do more fermentation or more fruit at once...??
I think you need more phosphorus which can be obtained from seabird guano water soluble phosphorus unlike if you use phosphorus from bone. So basically if you add it to you water it will water in and absorb really readily don't want to use to much because can use too much. Not about more fruit because you can just add more of the ferment you only use a few tablespoons per gallon

I think you need more phosphorus which can be obtained from seabird guano water soluble phosphorus unlike if you use phosphorus from bone. So basically if you add it to you water it will water in and absorb really readily don't want to use to much because can use too much. Not about more fruit because you can just add more of the ferment you only use a few tablespoons per gallon
So basically It s Better to use worm humus and Bat+seabird guano I ALREADY have and do a tea,adding Molasses that I got too...?

So basically It s Better to use worm humus and Bat+seabird guano I ALREADY have and do a tea,adding Molasses that I got too...?

Yep.. seabird guano is high in nitrogen though, so be aware of that. I only use high p bat guano myself.

After taking a look at your post I see that you are suggesting something similar to what Tom Bombadil did. Again, I would love to be able to do something like this but I needed something quick, easy, and cheap. Only because time is of the essence.

Would you be able to go into a little more detail as to why I shouldn't use any FF soils or super soil? From what I read by the people who use those mediums say that it's water only and simple. Their results seem to be really good to boot. I'm not trying to question you but I would like to know your reasoning simply to gain more knowledge. I only paid $20 a bag for the soils. Is it because I can just make a more suitable soil for autoflowers for less? Again, I'm not dismissing your advice I'm just in a time crunch and need to get these girls into something asap! The taproot on one of them is about to come out of the bottom of it's jiffy pellet :eek1:
You can definitely use them and get a result. What is your growing experience?

FF soil is not very consistent from batch to batch and the PH can be way out of range or it can be to hot. At one time it was a very dependable brand I am not sure what happened but it is not what it was. Sometime FF ph is so far off you have to ph water for some time or add amendments to get it right. You might also need to make all kinds of adjustments which can complicate things.

Thats a waste of your time if you can spend 5 more a bag and get a quality product.

Do you have a grow shop near you that carries buildasoil? You can buy their living soil (its called 3.0) mixed for about 25 a bag. It is the same as what I mix myself only its a little lighter on the nutes.

FF can work I just don't want you to run into problems. True living soil with good amendments in the right mix works like nature. No need to PH only add stuff to it you want (i do bokashi and teas).

I have the same feelings towards super soil for the most part. I do not use super soils with auto's having to deal with it being to hot or making a solo cup transfer system because it can be to hot for seedlings. Then you risk stunting or going into flower before she has filled out the second pot. A lot of risk for little return in my opinion. Just use organic soil living soil and bigger pots.

Also on the thread I talk about mixing soil which you can do if your careful in sourcing your compost I have done some all local material runs many times and I think with amendment your at 10-12 a bag. When buying soil you are paying for shipping.

Living soil does need to cook if you mix it but I have done as little as five days without issue. Hope that helps. Whatever route you go let me know if you have any issues and I will help where I can.

P.S. I also have a fundamental problem with buying a bag of soil then having to add nutes to it constantly because the soil is deficient. If you want to add nutes all time why not just grow in coco and have big trees?

Tom and I definitely use a similar system. They are just different based on preference. I do not use guanos or biosolids. No growing reason that is just my preference. NPK is NPK to a plant it is apples to apples in the same strength. The set up I start with is made for simplicity and reuse. I am on my eight or ninth run in some of my pots and all I amend with is nutrient blend.

That is for simplicity. You need 3 things soil (however you get there), water, and nutrient blend to amend. It is easy and you will get a good result. Once you have that down then you can start adding bloom boosters, frass, special teas, the list goes on forever.

Anything you do after the base is preference. Your preference will determine your grow style everyones is a little different but the concepts are similar. When starting in organics your base should keep you from having deficiencies the additives should be feeding your soil. Your soil will feed your plant. Keep microbes and fungus in your containers and your soil will take care of you. I promise.

I use KNF additives as well sometime OHN, WCA, ect....that is another rabbit hole to go down later if you want.

If you have any other questions or need anything let me know I will give you the best answer I can. Again I not saying my way is the only way, but it is simple and you can build on it however you want. Good luck and good growing. :pass:

Sorry for the two posts and being all over the place I am pretty baked and trying to get you an answer fast due to your situation. I might come in and edit this word vomit to make more sense later.

Back