Extraction Temple ball using dry ice

Matfkn

Auto Warrior
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Can anyone more expert than me help me out to understand what I'm doing wrong?
I tried several times to make temple ball using dry ice and, even if the kief is very clear , I'm not able to make it stick together, it keeps crumbling.. don't get me wrong is still a very good product but it's not what I aim for...
I know that a lot of people think that dry ice is not good for making temple ball, due to the fact that the whole trichome gets "released" and not just the heads, however, I saw some people achieving the result (temple ball) using dry ice.
Before you ask, yes I saw a lot of videos of Frenchy and read a lot of material from him but I don't want to use a "washing machine" because I'm not able to create a dry room for it.
Any tips, suggestions, ideas?
I was looking at "static clean" as well, but tbh I don't understand it very well..

Thanks in advance for your help and happy growing.
IMG_20220720_134227_853.jpg

I am going to attempt the dry ice method myself this weekend. I will let you know how it goes. I think from the reading I've done and videos, you need to roll the hash with a hot water bottle. Work and fold it several times to melt and homogenize the material before attempting to create a ball.

I've picked @WildBill 's brain a few times.

As @DCLXVI said you likely have to press what you got…which from the pic looks like a good haul of bubble hash from your dry ice extraction :thumbsup: The next step is apply pressure and heat to create the temple ball. Frenchy method using an empty wine bottle, boiling water, turkey (oven) bags, and a whole lotta love.

@Matfkn - I ran the dry ice yesterday. I also ended up with a dry crumbly material that would not coalesce into a nice ball. I used two bottles of nearly boiling water back and forth several times and folding it into itself. I gave it 30 min or so of pressing, rolling, heat, folding, and at the end I was just sweaty!

I posted in the "hash tips" thread as well, I'll tag you over there and maybe we can get some answers.

@Matfkn - I ran the dry ice yesterday. I also ended up with a dry crumbly material that would not coalesce into a nice ball. I used two bottles of nearly boiling water back and forth several times and folding it into itself. I gave it 30 min or so of pressing, rolling, heat, folding, and at the end I was just sweaty!

I posted in the "hash tips" thread as well, I'll tag you over there and maybe we can get some answers.

I have the same exact problem, I tried to roll it with glass bottle with boiling water but it still crumble, I find out a couple of things:
First is that I'm using bubbblebag with mesh just at the bottom , on Frenchy FB page they said that those bags are very poor quality and if you check with a microscope (I did not), it appear that the mesh is not a perfect grid, they suggest bags from the press club.
Second thing is that a lot of people said that dry ice is too aggressive, ideally, when you do a temple ball, you want to collect just the heads of the trichomes, but with dry ice , the whole trichomes get collected ( heads and steam).
Said so, I saw few people achieving good result with dry ice, I think that my main issue is that I'm shaking the material too much/too strong and ended up with a "contaminated" (heads + stems) that even if is a very good product, it not the right one to achieve a ball.
I will try again (4th times) with some adjustments and I will let you know.
Did you use frozen fresh material or dry/cured ? Flowers or trim? Wholes or grind?
I always use fresh frozen fluffy flowers, not grind, and shack it until flowers start to crumble..

.....I have the same exact problem, I tried to roll it with glass bottle with boiling water but it still crumble, I find out a
I will try again (4th times) with some adjustments and I will let you know.
Did you use frozen fresh material or dry/cured ? Flowers or trim? Wholes or grind?
I always use fresh frozen fluffy flowers, not grind, and shack it until flowers start to crumble..

I used dried and cured flowers. Had plenty sort of sitting around and thought it was not a bad use of it to try this out. I did grind it up. I will have to make some adjustments going forward and see how it goes. I have quite a large plant coming down soon so I may set some aside and try the fresh/frozen method.

I used dried and cured flowers. Had plenty sort of sitting around and thought it was not a bad use of it to try this out. I did grind it up. I will have to make some adjustments going forward and see how it goes. I have quite a large plant coming down soon so I may set some aside and try the fresh/frozen method.

I could be wrong , but the whole point of temple ball is collect "live" resin , so I'm assuming that cured / dry is not ideal for temple ball, but again, I could be wrong..
Will try again in few weeks and let you know, thanks for sharing and happy growing!

Back