Terpenoids and their independent medicinal benefits

Nice. A4--JM posted a terpene related thread early on. I posted one and, now, you have one that is getting the hits.

I have been an essential oil/aromatherapy junky for a long time.

Tonight, I a going to up gade my diffusers.

Going to get a nebulizer. The type that disperses the oil most effectively.

Thought, I would combine several oils with the relaxing--and potentially helpful C killer terpenes. So far, I know lemon and lavender are two good ones. Will research. When the ladies visit (not the night time ones) with husband etc. they always say: What is that wonderful aroma. Walk in the house is like walking into a spa.

What they typically detected is the lavender. One of the strongest oils we can consciously note at very low levels.

Here is the Canadian site I get my oils from. Great site with loads of specific oil data and descriptions. Good way to relate canna directly to essential oils (terpenes).

http://www.newdirectionsaromatics.com/

Thanks bro, I love some aromatics. I tend to like more of the musky side of things like patchouli around the house but a lot of woodsy fragrances as well. Cedars and pines are wonderful. I think a lot of the essentials are just like anything else. It is dependent on the individual. Lavender, chamomile and the more floral fragrances really don't do much for me like they do some people. My wife loves them but they tend to make me want to leave the room.

Thanks for that link, I will check them out. I get a lot off of amazon mostly but only because it is easy. I would rather do business with a store like that.

Me too--Amazon for nearly everything. I introduced my mom to the oils as a hobby. So, I ordered many oils for her including some exotics. I will have to make a cologne in her honor and send to her friends. Someday, soon, I will inventory them and snap a photo.

My standard oils to diffuse are peppermint, eucalyptus and lime. Understand about the lavender--it can be a little much--but the ladies like it. I ordered some new ones and a different country of origin for the Chamomile and Lavender. Here is what I ordered.

1 x Chamomile Roman Essential Oil 1 x Coriander Egyptian Essential Oil 1 x Petitgrain Essential Oil (Italy) 1 x Vetiver Essential Oil 1 x Lavender--Moldova Essential Oil 1 x Tangerine Essential Oil 16.6 oz 1 x Grapefruit White Essential Oil 16.6 oz 4 x Aromather. Inhalers -- old style nasal inhalers add cotton ball and essential oil.

The diffuser:

Amazon.com: Advanced Aromatherapy Essential Oil Diffuser: Health & Personal Care

Last edited:
Another link. commercial--yet--good info. Tangerine (Citrus reticulata) is a calming essential oil with a sweet, tangy aroma, similar to orange. It helps with occasional nervous irritability. An excellent oil to help uplift the spirit and bring about a sense of security, tangerine is also ri Had not thought about internal consumption. This link is for the tangerine and discusses capsule. High Limonene. We could get creative and make combo capsules with specific oils or combinations within conservative tolerance.

Have some books. Online info. is handy. Will post more technical/science links when I find them.

Missed your link. Thanks. Good deal.

It used to be called Citrus Bioflavanoids.

I think supplementation is great. But most supplement pills will have 5 or 10 pounds worth
of what you'd find in the fruit.

So what I do is to take about a dozen supplements, open the caps, put the powder in a bowl, stir it,
and then put it back in the caps.

My breakfast pill has 'citrus bioflavenoids', C, rutin, hesperidin, diosmin, citrulline maleate, quercitin, CoQ10, creatine and
a few other things I forget at the moment. Next batch will get some limonene...

So every day I get a small, consistent dose of a bunch of things that are good for you. It's some work and some experimentation
to figure out what works for you.

It used to be called Citrus Bioflavanoids.

I think supplementation is great. But most supplement pills will have 5 or 10 pounds worth
of what you'd find in the fruit.

So what I do is to take about a dozen supplements, open the caps, put the powder in a bowl, stir it,
and then put it back in the caps.

My breakfast pill has 'citrus bioflavenoids', C, rutin, hesperidin, diosmin, citrulline maleate, quercitin, CoQ10, creatine and
a few other things I forget at the moment. Next batch will get some limonene...

So every day I get a small, consistent dose of a bunch of things that are good for you. It's some work and some experimentation
to figure out what works for you.

Will check out the supplements. I use the CoQ10 and like you many others in moderation. Did look up hesperidin on wiki. I see it "may" have some cancer fighting properties.

***Forgive me Late. It has been a while since we chatted. Dumped all my old PM's. Good to see you. Where are you posting your updated supplement list. I see you are in muscle building mode. Give me an update when time permits.

Last edited:
Back