Terpenoids and their independent medicinal benefits

A4

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Reaction score
I was browsing through some articles tonight in an effort to increase terpenes in my cannabis when I came across this.

Talking Terpenes | High Times

Of particular interest is about half way through the article they describe the different terpenes found in different strains of cannabis and their independent medicinal benefits. For example, "Limonene, a major terpene in citrus as well as in cannabis, has been used clinically to dissolve gallstones, improve mood and relieve heartburn and gastrointestinal reflux. Limonene has been shown to destroy breast-cancer cells in lab experiments, and its powerful antimicrobial action can kill pathogenic bacteria."

While there has been much discussion with cannabis and oils in particular being able to aid cancer patients many have believed this to be directly related to CBD in cannabis. This article pushed me to considering if it is certain strains and in particular, certain terpenoids of those strains that may have some effect as well.

You got it a4. I working on the same thing. Also am hunting the highest cbd strain I can get. Cmon isreal kick me down one. Once I have enough autos going I'm gonna start testing them for cbds. To then breed those into a line.

Have you checked in to Harlequin? Bodhi Seeds bx'd a clone and released it. I don't have numbers but it is supposed to be a high CBD strain. Last I checked Attitude had them in stock.

Edit: Just checked and they are out of stock.

I also have projects to isolate certain terpenes in strains to then recombine those said strains into hopefully increased production of terpenes with the desired effects. A4 are you a breeder also?

I am no breeder. I have just recently built a substantial grow room so I could begin dabbling a little with a few strains but I am far from a breeder. I have a few ideas in mind but it will be next year before I begin work on them.

Here's a auto strain I recently came across that claims high cbd.
Never grown it but has me interested..
med-gom-10_4225_1_.jpg
Here is the translated description:
Gom Med 1.0

Led by Grass- O- Matic and CBD Crew comes an autoflowering cannabis strain designed to revolutionize the cannabis market , bringing together a host of great features around a CBD concentration of at least 4 % .
This plant has emerged after several years of joint work between two teams of breeding , and the result is a gene that will delight all consumers of medical marijuana , with an option really fast and with high load in CBD , which typically ranges from 6% and 14% , with a ratio THC : CBD ratio of 1:1 to 1:1.5.
Grow vigorous and robust , reaching maximum heights of 80cm, with a central bud structure with some secondary branches . It will be ready in just 65 days of flowering, producing some 50g/planta , and has a high resistance to pathogens and fungi , which added to their speed of maturation prevent the attack infections .
Its flowers are really fragrant and sweet with a fruity flavor , and an effect that will leave a very noticeable sense of well being and pleasant, but allowing you to perform all kinds of tasks .
Feel the healing power through the work of Grassomatic and marijuana seed bank CBD Crew.
Features Gom 1.0 Grassomatic Med :

Genetics : Secret
Sex : Feminized autoflowering
Height: 80cm
Flowering: 60-65 days
Production : up to 50g
THC level : 5 % -12 %
CBD level : 6% -14 %

Shaker Lemon Pie uses the whole lemon and is a limonene bomb.

I heard of a recipe that calls for 2 Myers Lemons, an Orange, and the juice of an orange.
Other than that, it's like the recipe I am linking. You want the lemons and orange paper thin,
and she means it when she says let it marinate for 24 hours. I'm considering trying one Meyers Lemon
and a couple oranges. It will still be plenty tart.
shaker lemon pie | smitten kitchen

Another thing you can do is to make a tea or herb tea and add some fresh lemon zest.
You can also do lemon zest and ginger by themselves, but even with sugar I find that lacks
personality.

Nothing against getting it from pot, it's just that the stuff is good for you.

Btw, I've heard eating a mango an hour before you get stoned will get you more stoned.
I haven't tried it yet.

Budz...a Good Read on the Terps and secondary compounds is in Ed Rosenthal's new grow book.

You Could read it for Free @ Amazon.co.uk

There are only about 10 pages of info but it gives you synergistic herbs etc for complementing certain med problems/canna types.

I Found it helpful...:wiz:

Thanks ronin. For the gom info. I've been reading up on the cbd crews photo strains. Genetics secret for gom. 6 to 14 % cbd swing that's a lot of difference. That pic looks a lot like lowryder 2. Most of cbd photos have a content of 5 to 8 %. Tsunami , harli, cannatonic, shark shock , yummy. But the 10 to15 % strains like ruby slippers and charlottes web are being hoarded by certain co. Not sure if that is cuz they are not really that high in cbd (just hype).the Colorado boys got a lot of media play for cw but when I tried to contact them they don't respond. Just say on blogs that they have plans to come to nw. Come now us and them are the only two states in usa where cannabis is legal for all who want to partake in its glory. I wish the greed would stop. My patients receive their much needed cbd rich meds from I for half or less than the dispensarys charge. If their broke I give them some. I m assembling my own crew of bros that care more for people than pennies.

Back