Testing the Wild Thing (USA Only)

End of week 3 of flower :thumbsup:
100_5541.JPG
100_5540.JPG

Week 8 New
Howdy y’all :toke:
It’s week 8, day #60 for my Wild Thing girls.

The dry back period seemed to work well and #1 is definitely up taking water/nutrients again. It’s still a little slower than #2, but I can see the reservoir indicator moving so that’s some progress. I let them dry out until Saturday, surprisingly there were no signs of them being thirsty other than an empty reservoir. I watered from the bottom both times since the dry back.
It took from Saturday until yesterday for the #1 problem child to show empty reservoir again. I added a dose of Tree Trunk to both Saturday’s feed and Wednesday’s water.
Saturday specs were 1.1 EC, PH 6.7 PPM 530.

Other than the slower growth of #1 things are going nicely. I added so slaps to the tent. Outside gardening is full blast right now and there’s tons of “projects” going on since the weather is being so nice. It’s almost got me wanting to try an outside cannabis grow,

Here’s some photos I grabbed throughout the week

IMG_1707.jpeg
IMG_1746.jpeg
TC_00607.jpeg
TC_00609.jpeg
TC_00614.jpeg

Just one of the outside projects growing on.
IMG_1741.jpeg

Catch y’all next week
:bighug:

Howdy y’all :toke:
It’s week 8, day #60 for my Wild Thing girls.

The dry back period seemed to work well and #1 is definitely up taking water/nutrients again. It’s still a little slower than #2, but I can see the reservoir indicator moving so that’s some progress. I let them dry out until Saturday, surprisingly there were no signs of them being thirsty other than an empty reservoir. I watered from the bottom both times since the dry back.
It took from Saturday until yesterday for the #1 problem child to show empty reservoir again. I added a dose of Tree Trunk to both Saturday’s feed and Wednesday’s water.
Saturday specs were 1.1 EC, PH 6.7 PPM 530.

Other than the slower growth of #1 things are going nicely. I added so slaps to the tent. Outside gardening is full blast right now and there’s tons of “projects” going on since the weather is being so nice. It’s almost got me wanting to try an outside cannabis grow,

Here’s some photos I grabbed throughout the week

View attachment 1680389View attachment 1680390View attachment 1680391View attachment 1680392View attachment 1680393
Just one of the outside projects growing on.
View attachment 1680395

Catch y’all next week
Looking real nice! I'm a big fan of growing canna outdoors. It can be extremely challenging depending on your location and climate but it's worth the extra effort if you get through till harvest. I'm hoping to log a bit of outdoor information on the Wild Thing This summer.

Hey there so I've decided to drop a new bean because the one I dropped a water bottle on is struggling to survive and just not as far along as it should be I'll be posting new pictures of them later this week sorry I didn't realize sooner that the lights were way to low so I finally got the intensity up quite a bit so I think between the lights being turned up and the calmag, nitrogen rich topdressing I've got a good chance to get a better test for you now @Jean-O TTYSoon Gromigo's!

Day 58 today, two days before the flip it’s been taking them approx 2.5 days to drain res. PH water going in is 5.5-6.0, normally 5.7… they are showing a little yellow on some large fans so I will up the nute strength next feed. Dil is still in range at 24/0 and will prob have to drop the light when I go 12/12 to keep it in range.
IMG_3648.jpeg
IMG_3649.jpeg
IMG_3650.jpeg

Will prob throw the net over them when I flip and spread them out.

Update on the outdoor Wild Thing R2 testing. She finally got uppotted last week and was moved out into my greenhouse Monday. I believe it's roughly day 70 ish. She's already blowing up from getting uppotted and will be getting transplanted into the ground in roughly a week or so.
20240505_132510.jpg
20240505_132513.jpg
20240505_132517.jpg

Week 9 New
Howdy y’all :toke: It’s week 9 day day #65 and if my math is “mathin” it’s day #26 of flower

I can’t say enough good things about Wild Thing #2, it’s been a strong plant from the start. Not even a hint of tip burn or anything with it. It’s been a easy plant to grow. On the flip side #1 has been a problem child from the start. Everything is identical, so not sure what’s going on.

I intentionally raised the PH this last feed as lowering it on the previous one seemed to make #1 look worse. I actually think it looks better this morning so I may be on to something.
Specs
PH 6.8
PPM 1170
EC 2.4

Just using the FF trio but added in tree trunk to hopefully thicken her up some . Hopefully next week things will be improving more.

I’m considering taking number 1 out behind the woodshed :crying:

I’ve thought about just running about 10 gallons of rainwater through it and letting it dry out and starting fresh if it’s not looking much better next week.

Been lots of projects going on still but I was able to grab some photos throughout the week to share. Any one good at identifying snakes ? 🐍
TC_00615.jpeg
TC_00617.jpeg
TC_00621.jpeg
TC_00622.jpeg
IMG_1858.jpeg
TC_00623.jpeg

Mixed up 4cf of cheap soil, 2cf of peat moss, 4gal of perlite, 2gal of worm castings.
IMG_1868.jpeg

Second bed built out of cedar planks and installed. I decided to use PT 2x4’s for the legs and I lined it with panda film with lots of holes for drainage. I want one more 2x4 bed and possibly a 2x2 and then I’ll fence everything in to keep the dogs out and add a couple large trellises.
IMG_1870.jpeg

I thought this one was a corn snake , I’m not 100% sure but I relocated it outside my fenced in dog area. Wasn’t aggressive at all. I almost stepped on it and it caught me off guard. Since I didn’t think it was venomous I moved it along.
IMG_1804.jpeg

My wife got this idea to plant strawberries in rain gutters, so we are adding rain gutters full of strawberries to all our deck handrailing and anything else we can lol. Thanks to SaltyAcresNC on IG for the guidance with those. Whole family loves berries.

We started 2 Concord grape vines (one is showing leaves behind the blue watering can already) , a raspberry bush and when it’s all done will probably have around 95 strawberry plants some ever bearing and some June bearing
IMG_1863.jpeg

I hope everyone is having a great week , it’s been absolutely pouring down rain for a few days now and the rest of this week it’s more of the same. Humidity has been crazy high, so that’s been an issue too. I’ll Catch y’all next week.

Last edited:
Back