this is a pic of my fully C.S reversed vertigo female now male ,,,,,

100_0911.jpg

and a pic of my c.s fully reversed haze auto female now turned male ,,,

ReversedAutoHaze.jpg

peace :cool:

cres- your post seems very logical to me. I do believe that the Ag+ is the ethylene inhibitor. I also think that the thiosulfate was probably chosen as a fairly innocuous form of silver. Colloidal silver is also innocuous. The list of stable soluble silver compounds is short. Cross out the halides and you're left with the nitrate and thiosulfate. I'd say that the decision comes down to availability, or lore.

As for the seed's predisposition to herm -- I'm very interested in how the "stress testing" is performed. If anyone cares to share a reference to the technique I'm very interested in this.

I would mess up the light cycle and maybe fluctuate pH and ppm. I think these are comon reasons of stress related hermies. So if you do all this and maybe some draught as wel and your girl is stil a girl I would say it's stress tested. :2cents:

Drew,
Ph seems to be a very fast test, up at around 9.0-9.5 nanners will form within 48hrs. on weak individuals. Other stresses are light,temp,humidity,water temp and soil moisture. Now IMO the femming of day neutral strains is much more time involved because you need to stress test the strain first, then stress test the offspring. Most do not, who wants to purposely stress plant.... A good breeder. With regular photoperiod strains the mother plant can be understood after many grows and stresses. And the outcome would be much easier to predict.

Also you must understand that many seeds today are produced outdoors, female seed produced outside will have many errors..what I mean is contamination. I read many times that people are finding males in fem seed. IMO this is rogue pollen. Its is well understood that (non hermi) x hermi = females,males and hermi. Also that when some other stress producing nanners forum and people decide to use this pollen there is also an unknown degree of males and hermi. Which brings us full circle back to genetically speaking what is a hermi and how many different types? Which I by no means are/is schooled in other than my life time of work in the MJ field. The way I like to look at it is if you "see it" and then breed for it/with it.... then you want it, and will get it..right... the only question is in what %. IMO if you stress a plant into producing a male flower, it should be a sign that the hermi gene is just lurking below the surface, and therefore never to be used as a reversal candidate. We all know that it is very common for growers to stress plant by making common mistakes, happens all the time. If you breed with a "just lurking hermi" it may come to the surface in your breeding, it may dive deeper into hidding, or may stay the same. Think of hermi as a trait, dont breed with it, dont breed for it, breed against it.

You can find plants that will full reverse but never produce viable pollen, imo these plants as super breeders...but only for m/f seed.

Late to the party and all,,, would like to share my experiences.

Started CS on photos sucessfully. Got talked into trying STS (supplies, photo & chemical houses). Mixed it, deviated it, changed frequency of use, quantity used, tried every combo I could come up with. Part way through all this I converted all to AFs & continued.
Best I got was meager amounts of pollen even opening manually. More often than not,, nannas (not balls). Why? I've no clue. All reports I've seen declaires STS superior to CS.

Frustrations! Part way into a STS I swapped back to CS mid stream. In short time we had balls. Fair amount, but not like I saw with photos. Next round was all CS. Balls to the walls on the same probmatic STSed strains. Why? No clue, none at all. But, I'm not looking back.
With the CS I can extract after seed removal. Not with STS, well, not me anyways.

I'll encourage CS but generally avoid endorsing STS for the above reason. I'll not bad mouth it,, but make mention that it's not what works for me.

I am still puzzled though. Why I failed with STS so miserably and did well with CS? Seems contradictory to most reviews I've read / seen.

Just to relate my experiences so far.
Used CS roughly 10 times with success - sometimes better than others but I put that down to humidity levels - this Winter I will employ a dehumidifier.
Currently running 2 1.2M tents, both with 10 recipients and 2 reversed.
1 tent is reversed with CS and one with STS - both tents have identical clones of several strains - reversed are all same strain.
Ie: Recipients are several strains, pollen donors are 1 strain.
STS has been sprayed twice. Once on flip day and once a week later.
CS tent has been sprayed 10 times over 15 days.
No more spraying.
Awaiting the results.
Have found some strains are better than others with CS - OG Kush loves it!
Will come back with updates and results.
Open minded on STS - my first time.

Late to the party and all,,, would like to share my experiences.

Started CS on photos sucessfully. Got talked into trying STS (supplies, photo & chemical houses). Mixed it, deviated it, changed frequency of use, quantity used, tried every combo I could come up with. Part way through all this I converted all to AFs & continued.
Best I got was meager amounts of pollen even opening manually. More often than not,, nannas (not balls). Why? I've no clue. All reports I've seen declaires STS superior to CS.

Frustrations! Part way into a STS I swapped back to CS mid stream. In short time we had balls. Fair amount, but not like I saw with photos. Next round was all CS. Balls to the walls on the same probmatic STSed strains. Why? No clue, none at all. But, I'm not looking back.
With the CS I can extract after seed removal. Not with STS, well, not me anyways.

I'll encourage CS but generally avoid endorsing STS for the above reason. I'll not bad mouth it,, but make mention that it's not what works for me.

I am still puzzled though. Why I failed with STS so miserably and did well with CS? Seems contradictory to most reviews I've read / seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
canon, did you spray sts more than 1 or 2 times?

clone ranger...:D:thumbs: Happy to see you plowing the fields...:toke::clap:

Got 29C in the tents - nothing more I can do but they all look happy!
Cut the STS recipe down to give me 1 ltr of final solution.
Didn't want to waste the chems.
Our friend still has the spots on his hands!
Get back later when things develop.

Got 29C in the tents - nothing more I can do but they all look happy!
Cut the STS recipe down to give me 1 ltr of final solution.
Didn't want to waste the chems.
Our friend still has the spots on his hands!
Get back later when things develop.

Good because the mix recipe makes alot... spots is a good thing, unless you wipe your face with it...lol Love your side by side...

Back