Indoor The Rose Garden

@Mañ'O'Green , here's where they are at this morning
View attachment 1565650View attachment 1565651View attachment 1565652View attachment 1565653View attachment 1565654View attachment 1565655View attachment 1565656
As mentioned, my water is at 5.6 :yoinks: but I can correct that tonight. Soil is fox farms ocean forest (I also ordered soil meter, so I'll check that as well). Rh is 48%, 74 degrees f at the top of the plants.
Nutes and cal mag feeding every other watering at 2/3 strength:
View attachment 1565657

they don’t look bad Rosa how old are they? FFOF really should not need any nutes for the first 5-6wks IMO maybe little heavy on N? Also are we stabilizing the RO water before phing and feeding?:d5::thumbsup:

Last edited:
they don’t look bad Rosa how old are they? FFOF really should not need any nutes for the first 5-6wks IMO maybe little heavy on N? Also are we stabilizing the RO water before phing and feeding?:d5::thumbsup:
Almost four weeks old, so maybe hitting them too hard? I'm still a little foggy on the ro and stabilizing, should I be adding cal mag before using it?:doh:

Almost four weeks old, so maybe hitting them too hard? I'm still a little foggy on the ro and stabilizing, should I be adding cal mag before using it?:doh:

Maybe… I believe so but that is a very tricky area… I started using gypsum and epsom salt so I don’t add any extra N.. Most bottled calmags are loaded with N… I think your going to want to add a very small amount of calmag >50<75ppm then let bubble/mix over night then ph but let’s wait for MOG for the final answer:d5:

Maybe… I believe so but that is a very tricky area… I started using gypsum and epsom salt so I don’t add any extra N.. Most bottled calmags are loaded with N… I think your going to want to add a very small amount of calmag >50<75ppm then let bubble/mix over night then ph but let’s wait for MOG for the final answer:d5:
:worship:

You're definitely gonna have a slow build up if you started feeding right away and if it happens like mine its mag lockout from heavy nitrogen. But it looks like its just starting to show so you should be able to bounce back quick with some plain waterings. But MOG will know more. But it looks just like how mine started.

First off your plants look good! they look a little Nitrogen rich so stop the Cal-mag. It may have never needed any because the FFOF has dolomite lime from the beginning that should last more than a grow. Dolomite lime is a slow release form of Ca and Mg. Reduce the Grow Big to 40% to lower Nitrogen in your nutrient mix.

You want to get some Soluble Gypsum and some AG Epsom Salt to stabilize your RO water. It is inexpensive and will last many years. You use a tiny .3g gypsum and .3g Epsom Salt per gallon of RO. Just add it to the water and aerate overnight.

You need to PH your water/fertigation to 6.4PH, don't worry about what is going on in the pot. The roots will exude substances that change the PH in the root zone and chasing that will just bugger things up.

FFOF is hot out of the bag so you may be fertilizing too often. I would go to a water, water, water, fertigate, repeat schedule.

Like I said the plants are looking good.

:toke:

First off your plants look good! they look a little Nitrogen rich so stop the Cal-mag. It may have never needed any because the FFOF has dolomite lime from the beginning that should last more than a grow. Dolomite lime is a slow release form of Ca and Mg. Reduce the Grow Big to 40% to lower Nitrogen in your nutrient mix.

You want to get some Soluble Gypsum and some AG Epsom Salt to stabilize your RO water. It is inexpensive and will last many years. You use a tiny .3g gypsum and .3g Epsom Salt per gallon of RO. Just add it to the water and aerate overnight.

You need to PH your water/fertigation to 6.4PH, don't worry about what is going on in the pot. The roots will exude substances that change the PH in the root zone and chasing that will just bugger things up.

FFOF is hot out of the bag so you may be fertilizing too often. I would go to a water, water, water, fertigate, repeat schedule.

Like I said the plants are looking good.

:toke:
Thank you! :love::bighug:
I feel more than stupid not knowing all of this after so many years of growing, but I will get it:pass::biggrin:

So thanks to @Mañ'O'Green it's back to the store:biggrin::crying:
Until I get squared away, I added a teaspoon of cal mag per gallon and left it overnight. It ph'd at about 5.6 so I added half a teaspoon of ph up...
If your target number is 8.2, I highly recommend that recipe :face:
So on the second gallon, ten drops brought me to 6.4.
Tonight I plan to do some trimming, but maybe I'll just get a little high and watch The Big Lebowski

Back