Indoor MasonJar’s Indoor Adventure

MasonJarOG

Smoke Cannabis Live with Friends on AFN
Cultivators Club
Reaction score
Currently Smoking
Organic Cannabis
This is the start of my Indoor Adventure… After many years of impromptu uncontrolled closet grows and fighting the elements and insects outdoors I decided to get serious about setting up an indoor space. I have my growbro @Green Goblin to thank for the advice and validation on some of this and basically encouraging me.

The biggest issue I had was where and how big a tent?
After a lot of debate and searching around the house for a good acceptable location I ended up organizing my garage which needed to be done anyway. I was leaning toward a 3x3x6 and then realized 4x4x8 would be better and allow me to use my existing 315w CMH light.

What Tent to buy?
I looked at a bunch of tents and came to a personal conclusion that the AC Infinity had good reviews, wasn't strapped for $$ and allowed me to kind of go with a one stop shop. I purchased it off AMZN with a discount coupon and saved on the shipping as well as there is no sales tax in my state.

Lighting
I ran around and around on this because I wanted to use my existing 315W CMH and not break the bank on a 4x4 size commercial grade LED. So I went with what I know already works well. 315 CMH will be center tent & stationary and will off set this with 4 Cobshop.net autocobs that will be placed further out around the CMH and can be adjusted as needed up and down. So when I pre-cabled the electrical in the conopy of the tent I made sure to leave a 5 gang electrical plug above the CMH for the 4 COBs and also the power for the T6 fan.

COB............COB
.........CMH..........
COB............COB

Ventilation
Kind of a no brainer and purchased the Ac Infinity T6 Inline fan and 6" Charcoal scrubber at the time I purchased the tent. The T6 comes with a controller which is pretty nice. I was under the impression the 67 Controller was bluetooth enabled and has an App for the iPhone but its manual might indicate conflicting information. So I have a msg into tech-support to figure out what its not working with the app. Otherwise it seems to work just fine and integrates with the T6 fan and power. If you disconnect the controller from the fan the fan goes to 100%. I also purchased a couple clip on fans that were cheap but you get what you pay for and they will be short lived until AC Infinity comes out with the adjustable oscillating fan for the tent. If needed I have other spares that will suffice. I prefer to simulate that outdoor airflow to strengthen the stems on the plants because that mean a lot less training and support I will have to do in the log run.

Grow Space
I found a section of the garage next to the meat freezer that works well. Here in the PNW my garage stays pretty cool year round and to prevent the concrete floor from transferring too much of that cold I used a purple 1/8" rubber yoga mat underneath to help insulate the setup from the extreme winter cold.

Setup
I will have to say the setup is pretty easy with the AC products and their manuals are very well done. Just make sure you have a lot of space to open the tent up. I made sure to cable and tie everything up really well from the get go so that once the everything is running I won't have any issues I can't deal with. I put Five 3gal RainScience grow bags into the tent with some cheap plastic overflow trays and filled them with my live soil that was outdoors in my tote. I did a light watering so I can establish humidity and temp for the tent and get the baseline going with I mess with the controllers settings.

Baseline
This went pretty fast and setup the temp and humidity based on the current configuration with just the CMH light. The Cob's are in route and will redo the baseline settings. But for right now the tent is running about 66F and have the temp range set on the controller to 64-75F and the Humidity at 45-65%. I set the controller to Auto so its doing a great job balancing the fan speed to keep everything in check. I have checked it every couple hours the past two days.

You can see the photo's I have attached and nice RED band the CMH throws off.

Attachments

• C38F1DEF-8253-411B-8A37-77CBB6CDEE1D.jpeg
    C38F1DEF-8253-411B-8A37-77CBB6CDEE1D.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 101
  • CF7C427C-E55F-488A-A76F-074ADB9506BD.jpeg
    CF7C427C-E55F-488A-A76F-074ADB9506BD.jpeg
    534.8 KB · Views: 102
  • B0A770DE-E279-4E39-8AF2-A34A6D42A252.jpeg
    B0A770DE-E279-4E39-8AF2-A34A6D42A252.jpeg
    447.4 KB · Views: 93
  • 0D2E1E55-83AD-4B1C-BC26-84A8ECE90A41.jpeg
    0D2E1E55-83AD-4B1C-BC26-84A8ECE90A41.jpeg
    306.4 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Nice kit you've put together. I will say the ac infinity chat option on their website is quite helpful. Might be worth a try for the controller.

I just picked up their T6 system and was advised to purchase the controller separately. They couldn't guarantee which one would be in the box. They are in the midst of a full line upgrade. Some kits have the new stuffand some don't.

If you were supposed to get the Bluetooth controller and didn't, hit up their chat. They should get you sorted. I've not been able to start using my new tent as my 67 controller is "in transit."

Nice kit you've put together. I will say the ac infinity chat option on their website is quite helpful. Might be worth a try for the controller.

I just picked up their T6 system and was advised to purchase the controller separately. They couldn't guarantee which one would be in the box. They are in the midst of a full line upgrade. Some kits have the new stuff and some don't.

If you were supposed to get the Bluetooth controller and didn't, hit up their chat. They should get you sorted. I've not been able to start using my new tent as my 67 controller is "in transit."
Thanks Much, I did exactly that a few mins ago and they are sending a replacement 67 Controller. I think that its labeled wrong CTR67A because when I unscrew it it doesn't appear with have a bluetooth or wireless chipset on the board. I'm assuming it's like you said above. I'm looking forward to their new oscillating fan line which should be pretty nice.

@hope2grow

My first run is going to be the following strains:
Plan is to fill the tent
:worship:
@FullDuplex Gnome Automatics Tester for AFN
@Twenty20 Adam Trizzlers
Night Owl Popesicle
Humbolt Seed Co Magic Melon & Vanilla Latte
Cali Connection Boss Hogg

These will all go into Rainscience 3Gal grow bags with a live soil mix that has been curing in a 40Gal tote for 6 months. I also add some BigFoot Gold Mycorrhizae, DynoMyco and some Dr Earth to the bags to help make sure the microbes are all working together with the root system.

The sprouts go directly into a seedling mix I press into the center of the growbag using a small glass cup to form the pocket for the seedling mix. This way I do not have to deal with solo cups which are not biodegradable, however someone out there does make a plant based cup I have used in the past. I just prefer to go straight into the final container with my auto's. fewer problems.

Popping the cherry on this tent.
Trizzlers (Triangle kush x Watermelon zskittlez) @Twenty20 Adam

Here’s the process of planting for me…
Germ seeds
Growbag and mole jar
Plate of slightly wet seed soil
DynoMyco (great product and highly recommended)
Tweezers
7040065F-8CF0-4026-9AA9-9B1831C63DE8.jpeg

The Mole jar leave a perfect size hole and add some DynoMyco to the bottom of the hole and them fill 1/2 way and add more. Very liberal.
C99AD253-4553-4F3F-9641-EF2EC6FE873E.jpeg

4097B952-8C44-4218-80F9-D7114361D157.jpeg

I like to use the back end of the tweezers to make a hole and move it side to side to make sure it is nice and open for the sprout.
10557713-A827-421E-98C7-E5D5C31E7DA0.jpeg

I'll add a little more DynoMyco to the hole I just made and then add the seedling to the hole so that it will be covered about 1/4 inch and then press the sides of the hole together.
4AD629D7-5FB0-4175-AC84-AFE772807049.jpeg
3DC60F7B-63AB-4E94-9D21-6C87BF333C9C.jpeg
1C6083D9-E885-403A-AC46-873A73EB18C0.jpeg

You can see above some of the mycorrhizae growing on the surface already. those white fuzzy patches in the photo's.
85DCB539-4738-4F66-8716-4C2CF6F400F1.jpeg

Back into the tent and will water it with about a cup of water on top of the sprout.

Attachments

• 607CE079-2205-41FF-94EB-81473742203C.jpeg
    607CE079-2205-41FF-94EB-81473742203C.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 50
Last edited:
The Popesicle by @TheWildcard and Magic Melon & Vanilla Latte by Humbolt Seed Co. all germinated at 48hrs and went into the bags today. The Boss Hogg should be next... I once had a seed take 21 days and have seen others pop up in the garden when things warmed up more outside a month later.

I have the tent running at 68F & 60% (Humidity). I'm planning on running this in line with the VPD (vapor pressure deficit) and will get a leaf temp later one what the offset is and revalidate.

Back