thank you bro i get it now, i would smoke them or make edibles with that stuff, right on :smoking:

My daughter is gonna make some butter with it and bake something while she’s in from college. We’ll see how it turns out!

I had to stop making it, i gained almost 10 lbs from that stuff lol.

I put my buds in a mason jar and baked it for 40mins at 240F then mixed it in a sauce pan with butter for 40 more mins and bam its ready. 7-10grams a cup worked for me and i usually made 2 cups at a time.

The mason jar helps keep the weed smell contained. goodluck ;) hope you and your friends and family enjoy your fruits :smoking:

I'm guessing larf is the airy lower buds that are not as mature?

In terms of how I do it, if it looks too wispy to constitute a bud - it goes in the trim/larf/popcorn bowl for edibles, squish, etc. I weigh it all.

There seems to be significant disagreement on how they develop. For instance, IIRC @Mañ'O'Green observers that increasing air and light to lower bud sites doesn't necessarily affect bud morphology or trichome development, where others observe something different. FWIW, when I rip a bowl of popcorn (assuming decent cure) I really don't see much of a difference in potency if at all.

Some grows you get nearly all buds, some it's more of a mix like on @indicalla's grow. In my small cab I have hit the max on buds (approx. 5.2 oz) but can get a lot of popcorn depending on the cultivar, the space, and the grow. HTH, YMMV, IMHO, etc.

View attachment 1342333
Like in the bowl. It’s just anything I trimmed that looked like it had trikes on it, and also some super airy buds (from the bottom) that didn’t have enough body/density to them to even trim. I may have kept more trim than others typically do — not sure.
That looks consistent with how I do it.

In terms of how I do it, if it looks too wispy to constitute a bud - it goes in the trim/larf/popcorn bowl for edibles, squish, etc. I weigh it all.

There seems to be significant disagreement on how they develop. For instance, IIRC @Mañ'O'Green observers that increasing air and light to lower bud sites doesn't necessarily affect bud morphology or trichome development, where others observe something different. FWIW, when I rip a bowl of popcorn (assuming decent cure) I really don't see much of a difference in potency if at all.

Some grows you get nearly all buds, some it's more of a mix like on @indicalla's grow. In my small cab I have hit the max on buds (approx. 5.2 oz) but can get a lot of popcorn depending on the cultivar, the space, and the grow. HTH, YMMV, IMHO, etc.
My Northern Lights plants were two totally different phenos so their harvest differences may be 100% from that, but I will say the tall girl was way less leafy and more open and her lower buds were much better developed than the short, bushy girl, who had a ton of wispy larf. I'd assumed it was because of way less light penetration, but sounds like that's debatable (like just about everything in growing it seems).

My last girls were very short and had big huge buds, my current grow is the opposite as i did not lst, i will get tons of larf as i let them grow wild and free so i will get to see what its all about, I'm sure it smokes the same :D

I figure after all of this time, I should post pics of some cured buds from my first grow. These have been in jars for around 45 days. The purple punch buds aren’t worth posting, but here are some nugs from the two different Fastbuds Northern Lights phenos I grew. Both of them smell really nice (yet different) and smoke well. Not on the level of the stuff I encountered at TAC, but pretty good for my first rodeo I think. I have more than enough herb to get through my next harvest’s cure. That’s the self-sufficiency I was trying to achieve.

278CCCDE-D392-4E32-BAA3-B34D6F78811B.jpeg

5258C5A2-334E-4C5C-B599-91FB39559521.jpeg

Hell yeah bud, they look great.

I have something to admit, i can't tell a difference in cured bud and dried stuff i smoked on day 1 of chop lol

The smell changes but the level of high is about the same or maybe i just adjusted to it slowly and did not notice :eek:

After about 40 days i start vacuum sealing 28g bags for storage, i figured they have to be cured by then :toke:

Back